Author Topic: Leave Rap Be....  (Read 7041 times)

Waya475

Re: Leave Rap Be....
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2005, 08:38:53 PM »
Rap as an art can really be a great form of expression.  However, when you have most of the mainstream rap like the Ying Yang Twins, you get crunk lyrics such as these.

I like pussy
Pussy is good.

That was pretty sweet wasn't it?  I mean, god, that is an incredible form of art!  When I bash rap, I bash the mainstream stuff.  Trust me, all the songs are exactly the same, just with a few different notes on the beats.  They are all about getting crunk up in the club and skeeting on some naked hoes.  Not to say that some more underground stuff isn't about said hoes, but I would almost expect the underground scene to be a bit better.  However, I see so much G-Unit clothing around, and I am sick of the whole gangsta atmosphere.   You sure are hard, living in a nice mansion in Cali.  I mean, you got shot 9 times, big fucking whoop.  You obviously don't have to worry about that any more.  For any rapper to claim that he is a gangster, he better fucking belong to a gang and live in the ghetto.  My family has a pretty close bond with some inner city families, and there is NOTHING to brag about living in the ghetto.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 09:47:40 PM »
Dude... "Back That Ass Up" is just plain awful. If I have to see that video one more time, I'm gonna have to put a cap in someone's ass. <<

Dude that is not the point here. Backing that ass up is a way of dancing. how can that be any worse than saying I want to Fuck you like an animal. I am not talking about if you liked one song over the other. "Back that ass up" is a rap and they thought it would be inappropriate. But "I want to fuck you like an animal" got played several times that night.

Oh, I was not aware you meant the teachers basically looked at the genre and would not play it. I figured they had heard the songs and just felt that there was simply no good reason to play Back That Ass Up or something... nevermind.

... its DMX, so it could very well be terrible.

This comment is what keeps me form completely respecting your following quote.

I havn't heard it though, so I can't really say.

You could have lefted it at that. Just for your info though the song, in a nutshell, is about embracing god and he'll give you more but ignor him and you will pay pay for your ignorence.

I'm not judging the song (since I have not heard it), I said it could be, as an educated guess. I *have* heard many DMX songs, and I have hated each one (my own opinion), therefore, I would be 99% sure I would dislike that one as well. I'm also not religious, so the content of the song would hardly help. ^^;; Its fine if you like it though, I think I was being overly opinionated yesterday.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 05:25:42 AM »
See that's what's really annoying! People considering rap from Mainstream. Those guys are not artists at all they're just moneygrabbers (well not all of them but a lot) I mean there are still some great musicians there that you could totally end up listening to them.

Let's just talk about The Roots. They were a great band and they had a lot of fans but since theyre new album 'The tipping point' has been out they're only hit has been Don't say nothing (i know that's the main sentence of the song)
I mean they have much better songs on that cd than that song!! Mainstream has always destroyed the best artists but I just can't stand it when I see all those little wannabe's outside with their big coats and just copying 50 cent's crew or I don't know who else....
I mean they try to act ghetto and all but they haven't even lived shit. They don't know what it is to not have any food for 3 days, they don't know what it is to listen to the neighboors fight because they yell so loud at 3 in the morning. Shit they don't even know about fighting. They all think they are so bad and so cool listening to crap music. I mean the Mainstream for rap right now just sucks.

By the way. Snoopp Dogg was really good in the beginnnings I don'T know if you have listened to some of his debut songs but they were really great. I,ll come up with the titles later on but him with Dr.Dre were really nice. For DMX it's the same thing, cmon that guy makes awesome songs. Not all of them maybe but still his songs have a meaning!

Furthermore I know you guys must be tired of hearing this but what about Tupac!??
I mean have you ever listened to that guys songs? They are amazing he really had it in him.. And he died in a drive in....

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 08:49:12 AM »
See that's what's really annoying! People considering rap from Mainstream. Those guys are not artists at all they're just moneygrabbers (well not all of them but a lot) I mean there are still some great musicians there that you could totally end up listening to them.

What else are people supposed to consider if they don't like rap? Mainstream is what everyone sees whether they like it or not, so everyone knows a little of it. And if most mainstream rap is awful, it doesn't give the whole genre a good name. That's just the way it is.

Furthermore I know you guys must be tired of hearing this but what about Tupac!??
I mean have you ever listened to that guys songs? They are amazing he really had it in him.. And he died in a drive in....

A drive in? Or a drive by? << And are you sure he's dead? ^^;;;;

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 08:58:29 AM »
Sry my mistake drive by...
Dude.. Tupac's dead... end of discussion. lol

Well yeah but that's not what it is. Look mand it's the same thing with anime.

What would you do if you knew that people considered anime and manga only with beyblade, pokemon and other shows like that... get it?
It's the same thing with rap...

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 09:22:57 AM »
Sry my mistake drive by...
Dude.. Tupac's dead... end of discussion. lol

Dead guys don't release 5 albums a year. :P

Well yeah but that's not what it is. Look mand it's the same thing with anime.

What would you do if you knew that people considered anime and manga only with beyblade, pokemon and other shows like that... get it?
It's the same thing with rap...

Pft, it was like that for plenty long. How did I deal with it? I just didn't care, I did what I wanted, and *I* knew there was more to it and that's that. The same would go for underground rap and hip hop. You don't have to constantly be walking around saying "Oh, all of this mainstream stuff is crap, that's not what rap and hip hop are really about"... as long as *you* know, who the fuck cares?

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 09:29:52 AM »
Yes I know but look at thread!!! It implies that I have to say what I know doesn't it?

It isn't tupac that sells the records it is other people that put some of his songs together and they sell them.
It's also for money that they do that because tupac is very well known in rap hip-hop community so that's why there has been 3 cd's of his songs throughout these 1,5 years.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005, 02:36:31 PM »
I mean have you ever listened to that guys songs? They are amazing he really had it in him..

yeah, his songs were really great, with lyrics like:

"So I fucked your bitch you fat mutha-fucka"

"First off, fuck your bitch and the click you claim"

"You claim to be a playa but I fucked your wife"

"Steady gunning keep on busting at them fools"

"Cut your young ass up see yah in pieces"

"Cause I'm a slam your ass in a pang, puffy weaker than a fuckin' block"

his lyrics really inspire me and try to tell me something. they tell me to fuck my bitch quite often, and then start gunning people down. i have no idea what that last lyric means. it would be nice if someone could decipher it, but i'm sure it's a combination of fucking bitches and busting fools.

yeah, Tupac's songs sure are inspirational to our youth.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2005, 02:40:49 PM »
Dead guys don't release 5 albums a year. :P

I think it's because he recorded tons of unreleased stuff before he died, actually... Although, maybe he'll pull a Bin Laden, and release a tape where he talks about recent events? lol... >_>

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2005, 02:44:24 PM »
sorry Charles, but you're wrong. Tupac is indeed alive, and i have extensive proof in my blog.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

go back a few pages in the blog to see some actual pictures of him taken recently.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline woodsyd

• Accidental Pimp
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Get away ugly
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 06:00:47 PM »
I KNEW IT!!!!1!1!// I  was tellin' lil' rayray tha otha day big Pac was still kickin' dogg. Didn' I Keisha didn I. GIVE ME MY TWENYFI DOLLA BITCH!!!!11./.F
crazy kids and their crazy sigs...I dunno about 'em *shakes head*

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
I mean have you ever listened to that guys songs? They are amazing he really had it in him..

his lyrics really inspire me and try to tell me something. they tell me to fuck my bitch quite often, and then start gunning people down. i have no idea what that last lyric means. it would be nice if someone could decipher it, but i'm sure it's a combination of fucking bitches and busting fools.

For your information he's litteraly saying don't claim to be a player because you ain't one. Because you have no control over your own girlfriend or whatever. Is it too difficult to understand simple words? or is your hate against rap blinding your understanding?
anyways  he's just saying don't fuck with me.
And as you might have seen are all of his songs like this. Have you ever seen tupac acting like he owns everything? He really believed in god and in all the holy things blablabla ( I personnally don't believe in god). Look not everybody is perfect but he was close to being a decent person. Apart from all that gang crap... learn to learn dude...

Guys Tupac is dead! He is he won't come back. There is always a thread like this everywhere. He was supposed to be alive in an isle close to Chile or the Philippines once... Look he's dead and that why he's a legend

Offline woodsyd

• Accidental Pimp
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Get away ugly
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2005, 07:15:37 PM »
*cries* damn i killed keisha fo nuttin den :'(
PS. if you highlight the smilies they look azn
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 07:26:51 PM by woodsyd »
crazy kids and their crazy sigs...I dunno about 'em *shakes head*

Offline Cloud13m

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2005, 08:04:33 PM »

For your information he's litteraly saying don't claim to be a player because you ain't one. Because you have no control over your own girlfriend or whatever. Is it too difficult to understand simple words? or is your hate against rap blinding your understanding?
anyways  he's just saying don't fuck with me.
And as you might have seen are all of his songs like this. Have you ever seen tupac acting like he owns everything? He really believed in god and in all the holy things blablabla ( I personnally don't believe in god). Look not everybody is perfect but he was close to being a decent person. Apart from all that gang crap... learn to learn dude...

Guys Tupac is dead! He is he won't come back. There is always a thread like this everywhere. He was supposed to be alive in an isle close to Chile or the Philippines once... Look he's dead and that why he's a legend

He's right guys. When the Ying Yang Twins say "Half of these bitches who shake it they turn gay" they mean that the women who don't go to college and get a good education have a harder time in the real world, and if they hadn't dropped out they wouldn't have ugly players hitting on them, which in turn made them lesbians.

Offline Bluemantis

• Clean
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005, 10:15:16 PM »
That your school played Closer .. several times.. as you say.. and wouldn't play "Back That Ass Up" .. is quite peculiar .. . Edited version of the NiN song?

Nope not edited at all, They did have the edited version of "Back that ass up" though.

Dude... "Back That Ass Up" is just plain awful. If I have to see that video one more time, I'm gonna have to put a cap in someone's ass. <<

Dude that is not the point here. Backing that ass up is a way of dancing. how can that be any worse than saying I want to Fuck you like an animal. I am not talking about if you liked one song over the other. "Back that ass up" is a rap and they thought it would be inappropriate. But "I want to fuck you like an animal" got played several times that night.

Oh, I was not aware you meant the teachers basically looked at the genre and would not play it. I figured they had heard the songs and just felt that there was simply no good reason to play Back That Ass Up or something... nevermind.

... its DMX, so it could very well be terrible.

This comment is what keeps me form completely respecting your following quote.

I havn't heard it though, so I can't really say.

You could have lefted it at that. Just for your info though the song, in a nutshell, is about embracing god and he'll give you more but ignor him and you will pay pay for your ignorence.

I'm not judging the song (since I have not heard it), I said it could be, as an educated guess. I *have* heard many DMX songs, and I have hated each one (my own opinion), therefore, I would be 99% sure I would dislike that one as well. I'm also not religious, so the content of the song would hardly help. ^^;; Its fine if you like it though, I think I was being overly opinionated yesterday.

That I can respect.  ;)

I'm starting to think that most people are judging mainstream by what is on the radio and not what is on the album itself. All of them have issues they want to address and a story they want to tell. But most people want tempary release from the reality and have fun. That is why lots of them are clubin in their songs, to get people interested in them. If you listen to them, lots have a story to tell.
You must look at all three sides of the coin to see the truth.

anything