Author Topic: Bit torrent Gundam/And BitTorrent Probs  (Read 9837 times)

Offline cybero

• Clean
Re: Bit torrent Gundam/And BitTorrent Probs
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 12:24:26 PM »
for some reason wimamp  doesnt play the files...i have to use Windows Media Player....any no y? it just stays on the first scene and freezes..

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 12:30:34 PM »
for some reason wimamp doesnt play the files...i have to use Windows Media Player....any no y? it just stays on the first scene and freezes..

When he says WMP he is saying Windows Media Player. And when you say it stays on the first scene and freezes is that when you use WMP?

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 03:05:39 PM »
no i mean winamp i no he means WMP is Windows Media Player....i was just wondering y winamp wasnt abel to play it...the sound works tho

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 04:43:17 PM »
new episodes of GSD is uaually posted on Anime-source every Sunday night...pretty late though.  I don't usually check till around 11pm or so.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2005, 12:45:56 PM »
Oh the audio works which means winamp can't play .avi files. Or so I think. I just use wmp to play those files.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2005, 09:55:02 AM »
WinAmp CAN play .avis. But... why the hell would you use it if WMP works fine and dandy? I personally never liked using WinAmp for video files, no reason to. I like WinAmp for music, and that's it. Same goes for WMP, I use it for video files, and that's it. Stupid all in one programs, they are never good for everything, they should just stay simple.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2005, 09:58:18 AM »
Hmmm ineteresting. Goes to show how much I know about winamp. I tried playing different video files on winamp and it never worked. But yeah...Question: When I played destiny episodes on the old version of wmp it was choppy and did not run smoothly, but when I run say anime music videos it runs really smooth. Is there a way to fix wmp so Destiny would run smooth?

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2005, 02:07:07 PM »
no idea but im using vlc player and it seems to work pretty well...

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2005, 06:44:23 PM »
The reason that your wmp is choppy is probably because it couldn't handle it.  Meaning probably your cpu power wasn't enough.  If your anime music video is about 30 mins long and it plays fine, then I don't know.  If by "old" you mean anything older than wmp v9, then using any newer version is probably going to make it worst.  Like I said, wmp v9+ is a memory hog.  My old computer couldn't handle it, but I have a new one now and it plays fine.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2005, 10:12:46 PM »
Yeah, I would say get the newest WMP, I like it just fine, anyway. Although the old ones should work ok, too. Sometimes you might have too much running on your computer, sometimes you need some more codecs. Sometimes, you need to use a different player. I have WMP, WinAmp, VLC, Media Player Classic, Core Media Player, DivX Player, Quicktime Player, and I think another one too... and I had another 4 or so on my old computer. Never hurts to have some backups. One I would stay away from though... RealOne. That thing takes over your computer like a virus. And anyone who encodes for .rm files is stupid in the first place, so you don't need their crap. *nod*

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »
I got wmp old version (don't know which version), wmp v9+, divx player, and one more but I can't think of it. I was using the old version of wmp cause it runs better than the new one when running ep. of destiny. But it is still choppy, though when I got above 130 mb uploaded it started smoothing out a little.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2005, 02:33:19 PM »
wait are you watching them as you downloading/uploading them?  Cuz if you are then that's probably why it's choppy.  Also, different fansubers have different results.  Seed-Fansub runs more smoothly than AnimeOne...not sure why...it just does.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2005, 02:36:05 PM »
I am watching while uploading only cause I don't have the time to wait for it to finish uploading (20k that is slow). Yeah I watch the Seed-Fansub versions.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2005, 08:34:32 PM »
I stick with AnimeOne since well... they do more than just SEED... and I have liked their job on plenty of others. Besides, mine are never choppy. <<

And yeah, you want to wait for it to finish before you watch it. <<

anything