Author Topic: Bit torrent Gundam/And BitTorrent Probs  (Read 9868 times)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Bit torrent Gundam/And BitTorrent Probs
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 04:35:39 PM »
Okay first of all, torrents aren't files you use to play your video.  Torrent files are like links that connects them to the video files.  Once you got the torrent files (which is like 2kb), you use those to get your video files.  As for speed, well that depends.  Sometimes it'll be as little as 1kb, but most of the time it'll go up to at least 50.  It usually takes about half an hour to an hour to dl a 30 min file.  Just leave the window open and go do something else.  If the files are old then there might be less people seeding it.  Also after you have finish dl the file DO NOT close the window right away (unless you really have to).  Leave it open for about an hour so other people can get the file too...it's called sharing.

BTW boxtorrent is down for the time being.

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 04:55:40 PM »
if the files are only like 2kb then y is it showing like 200+mb?im sry i dont understand???

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 06:20:31 AM »
so will the files play in say winamp or do i have to dl another player?

I usually use Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic, but yeah, WinAmp works for .avis no problem.

hi im using bitcomet and i was wondering is it always this slow cuz im dling at like 9kb and not uling at all...
is this normal cuz i have a cable connection...or is there something i forgot to set ??

Well if its right in the beginning of a download, it could be at 9k because you have not dowloaded enough to start uploading yet. Give it some time, just let it run for half a day and it should be done, mine usually levels off at about 20k/s since I have my uploads and downloads limited, keeping my computer usable while BitComet is open.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 09:16:43 AM »
20k for downloading or are you talking about uploading cause my downloading levels at 100k/sec and my uploading is at 20k and question can you guys split this topic and stickie the bit torrent probs that way if people have bit torrent probs they can post on this thread?

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 09:24:50 AM »
20k for downloading or are you talking about uploading cause my downloading levels at 100k/sec and my uploading is at 20k and question can you guys split this topic and stickie the bit torrent probs that way if people have bit torrent probs they can post on this thread?

Mine is always less than 40 for both, since I limit them.

And no, it really doesn't make sense for the Gundam forum anyway, I just left it here since it started that way. Plus, these are the first issues using BitTorrent I have seen on this board in a long, long time.

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 03:51:31 PM »
wut tracker are u(aoshi) dling from? mabe its faster from different trackers?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 06:09:54 PM »
wut tracker are u(aoshi) dling from? mabe its faster from different trackers?

Well, in general, the more people seeding a torrent, the faster it will go. Which is why AnimeSuki is usually your best bet, most of the largest fansubbing groups use AnimeSuki, so you will get quality and get it fast.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2005, 09:09:22 AM »
Exactly. I agree with Jadau.

I figured out part of the problem, with help from suggestions on this thread of course. I could've downloaded the update for wmp a while ago but forgot. The new update (which I got last night) allows it to play.avi files. SWEET. Now I just got to get the official biTorrent to help tornado then Iw ill be able to watch YAY for me. Thanxs guys for the help.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 10:17:26 AM »
You had to update your WMP in order to play avi files?  Ok, whatever works I guess.  One last bit of tip.  I hope you have a decent computer or else the video will start to lag.  Especially now with the newer versions of WMP, which hogs a lot of power than it should.  If you need to, use the classic player on your computer.  It's a hidden feature.  Just go to START > Run > mplayer2.exe  Enjoy the pleasures of bittorent anime!

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2005, 02:55:56 PM »
mine lags when i am DLing at the same time or if AIM is on...

but if not its SWEET!!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 02:57:59 PM »
Did you get torrent yet? if so have you started watching destiny yet?

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 03:10:10 PM »
YEA!! stayed up till 1:30 last night watching EP. 1-14 ;D...it was a hell of a morning....
all i can think of is I WANT MORE!!! ;D
hehe

does neone no how long till they torrent the next episodes?

and i was just wondering can the video files be downloaded onto like a CD? im afraid that my HD will not have enuf space....

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2005, 03:12:17 PM »
It should be able to burn on a cd but I not sure about the copyright laws out there about burning Destiny

Offline cybero

• Clean
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2005, 03:46:23 PM »
darn i mite have to get a bigger hd....80+ then.....damnit....

14 ep. took like 3 gb!! at this rate my HS is gonna be full in no time... ::) :'( :'(

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 10:17:53 AM »
Of course you can burn the episodes to keep more space, but only if you have a burner... obviously. ALL versions of WMP have played .avis. So there was some other reason your computer would not play them before... but it works now, so all is good.