Author Topic: Fav reading book..  (Read 7027 times)

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
Re: Fav reading book..
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 07:10:57 PM »
I read this book.  I suggest you read it too, it will enhance your communicative abilities with certain members of this forum *Horrible cough*angel*Horrible cough*.

-.-'' I made a topic.. which is a good one.. so can't you give me alittle credit for that?
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Cherry

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2005, 07:16:08 PM »
The Shell house, The Notebook, The Gossip Girls series and some others..

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005, 10:25:16 PM »
-.-'' I made a topic.. which is a good one.. so can't you give me alittle credit for that?

Ok, you deserve no credit for making a thread, all that consists of is clicking a few buttons, mashing some keys so that something resembling speech pops out, and then clicking a few more buttons.  They train gorillas to type with better grammar than you.  Furthermore, this isn't really a "good" thread, it's simply a listing of what people like to read.  There's no essence of discussion, just a bunch of people posting "oooh look at me" and not bothering to read or comment on what other people posted.  So that transforms it into being an average thread.  It would be an idiotic one, if it hadn't been for some people taking it seriously and posting quality litterature instead of degenerating into flame, as this post is sure to cause.  Finally, the topic is "Fav reading book..".  I don't even know how to explain everything that's wrong with that, but here goes.  First, when you abreviate a word, a period follows.  An example is "ex.", which is short for "example".  Next, you had "reading book."  ...IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND OF BOOK BESIDES ONE YOU READ?!  If it's a buch of photos with no text, we call it "a photo album".  If it is an audio recording of a book we call it "an audio book" or "a book on tape".  If it is a recording of live action, we call it "a video".  If it is a book that does not consist solely of text, then we put an adjective in front of it to describe how it differs from a normal book, like "a picture book", or "a reference book."  But the thing that all books share in common is that you read them.  Finally not only did you attempt to use an ellipses improperly (an ellipses is used to show either a pause in thought or an incomplete thought, yours is neither), but you also failed to use the correct number of periods, which is THREE.  Not one, not two, not five, three.  Three is the number thou shalt count, and the number of thine counting shalt be three.  Not four, not five, three.  Neither shalt thou count two, excepting, of course, that you then proceed to three.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 10:25:51 PM by JaisBane »
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 01:30:04 AM »
Damnit, Jais, I already said I don't read much... IT'S TOO LONG! I'm going to assume Angel got put down again for obvious reasons, and go to bed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 01:30:27 AM by Beeverpaste »

Offline Dakar

• Budding Addict
  • I'm no damn freak I'm a Final Fantasy Fanatic.
    • A World of Poetry
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 04:30:33 AM »
you guys shouldn't do that to her. its hard to make a topic and it be popular. I would know trust me.
My books are the books by Terry Brooks. its the Shannara series.
The world is not enough for one man.... I want more!!!

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 08:23:37 AM »
I would know trust me.
Because... you've done extensive research on it?

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 08:58:37 AM »
I didn't really care that much.  I was fine to let her go unpunished, up until she asked for "credit".  Credit is given where credit is do, but I do hope Angel doesn't simply get mad at my post and ignore everything I said.  I intended for her to learn and benefit from it, much like a wayward child that tries to take a cookie quickly learns to ask first when slapped sharply accross the buttocks.

Offline Death

• Clean
  • Craving for Dark-ness
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 06:49:59 PM »
Well, right now I'm reading a book called Nightmare. Its pretty good, despite all the things that are going on, like reliving the past which is pretty creepy if you ask me.  Thats my favorite book so far. So yea.

After being in this world, i want to be taken out. They have made me, i wish they didn't. I am a loser here. No one wants me, no one loves me, they always cheat. So why not just leave me to die.. it would be best for me.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 07:07:13 PM »
I would say, that it is The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adam.

A couple of books by Miyamoto Musashi or Takezo Shinmen.

The three Musketeers.
20 years After
The Viscount of Bragelonne
Alexandre Dumas.

and some others :D

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Bob

• Clean
  • a.k.a. Talon / Darkfall / Checkers
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 12:36:01 AM »
Three is the number thou shalt count, and the number of thine counting shalt be three.  Not four, not five, three.  Neither shalt thou count two, excepting, of course, that you then proceed to three.

Someone has watched a little too much of Monty Python. >_> =P

I have cynical monkey's problem. It also takes me over a month to finish that one book for school. I have a problem with reading nowadays. -_- I actually do like reading, it's just that I can't seem to take in the words on a page without reading it ten times over.

My favourite 'book' is Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials. I read the three books when I was 10, 11 and 12 and since then I haven't found anything to compare (in terms of enjoyment anyway).

I also like Ender's Game and would probably like most of Card's other novels but I got stuck on Xenocide a few years back and still haven't finished it. =__= I read a few pages of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and thoroughly enjoyed it. And promptly lost it. >_>; I'll have to go dig around the house.

My dad's been bugging me to read the classics he has (especially Trollope for some reason) but frankly those shelves with a couple hundred books look quite imposing and there's my 'reading problem' to contend with. *twitch*

Offline Wlf

• Clean
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 03:08:38 PM »
I always try to keep a good novel handy. I personally like Cao Xuequin, Luo Guanzhong, and Murasaki Shikibu. They're not little underground or small time authors but I still love their works. I also keep a copy of Go Rin No Sho (五輪の書) and Shogun no Rin (将軍の輪) handy.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 03:49:27 PM »
hmmm i just started reading this book from Jeffory Deaver called the stone monkey.. he has some big words in there. >> i'm like waht the hell does that mean?

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 03:50:16 PM »
...use a dictionary  ;D

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 04:25:13 PM »
any sherlock holmes story and native son by Richard Wright

cuteflyz89

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »
...use a dictionary  ;D
haha that's the funny thing.. it's not in there. -_-.

anything