Author Topic: Fav reading book..  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
Fav reading book..
« on: January 07, 2005, 06:27:12 PM »
Other than manga.. what is your fav!? Tell us about it and talk about it as well!!! So we might get in tressded.テつ  ;D

Mine is called Fearless. Its about this girl, whose father abanded her and her mother died. Anyways, She is going through all this shit, the first book i read.. was book # 3 and it was about this guy she liked.. and he got kidnapped after having sex with her enemy. Well the enemy Heather, she got black mailed in front of her firstテつ  period class. it was about " Sam " the guy she like, and Heather having it. It was a vido tape. She didn't tape it or nothing. The kidnappers are making her do all these things to save Sam. Well, at the end... grrrrr I hate heather for what she did. She said that she saved sam.

Well, thats my fav book. Whats yours!?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 06:29:10 PM by Angel of the moon »
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
Re: Fav reading book..
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 06:57:45 PM »
Anything by Philip K. Dick or Vonnegut is good. Other then that, The Catcher in the Rye was good. If a little angsty.
Hello!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:39:55 PM »
I seem to have liked everything I read from Kurt Vonnegut and Orson Scott Card.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 08:47:08 PM »
Jeffrey Deaver: the Devils Tear drop, The Coffin Dancer, The Empty Chair, The Blue No Where, Speaking In Tounges. Those are books from my favoite novelst.

I have, Twisted, The Stone Monekey, the vanished man, praying for sleep. Those are the books from him I have to read..that I have.... or I cant get any manga or anime. :P my mum said that.

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 09:33:15 PM »
I seem to have liked everything I read from Kurt Vonnegut and Orson Scott Card.

That reminds me, I gotta start reading Pastwatch again. I almost finished it, but things got hectic like all hell.

But yeah Card goes on my list too!
Hello!

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 10:39:28 PM »
Anything by Philip K. Dick or Vonnegut is good. Other then that, The Catcher in the Rye was good. If a little angsty.

Calling it a little angsty is quite possibly the biggest understatement of the year.  I never really understood why it's so revered in certain circles.  Other than the fact that several famous serial killers mentioned it as their favorite book, there's nothing special about it.  All it is is one spoiled prep school boy's rant about how phony people are, how he isn't phony, and how he fails to do anything he say's he'll do.  Although, I did love Sallinger's ability to describe Holden's naive opinions.  Especially the ones pertaining to his sister and the museum.

As for my favorite author, well I considered myself a beat for a long time and so I've read much of Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginnsberg, and William S. Burroughs.  I love sci fi so Dick, Vonnegut, and Asimov are favorites.  I love political espionage stories so Ken Follett, Robert Ludlum, and even Tom Clancy need to be mentioned.  Of course, I would be remiss if I left out Douglas Adam's and his "The Hitchhiker's Guid to the Galaxy."  Oh yeah, Frank Herbert too, Dune is too great for me too express in words.  Also, I've read just about every classic from "A Modest Proposal", to "Outlaws of the Marsh", to "The Aeneid" in it's original latin form.  I spent about half my life with my nose stuck in a book...
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 11:47:19 PM »
hahaha i never read because i always have stuff to read for school. i can't read more than one book at a time... but... honestly, i kinda liked the harry potter books. like, i actually got into them to the point where i'd spend hours reading them. and i never do that unless i procrastinated on assigned reading for class...

though i still haven't gotten around to reading the fifth book. and now i've started reading a book called the lovely bones (which i actually bought last year... but didn't start reading it until about 2 weeks ago.) so i have to wait til i finish that one to move on to something else... and by then i'll have something i have to read in english again. blah.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 10:43:49 AM »
The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde
Through The Looking Glass/Alice In Wonderland
All The Adventures Of Shirlock Holmes Books
The Music Of Dolphins
Out Of Time
The Child Called It
and a book that I completely forgot the name ^.^

I'm very picky about books.  I basically like books that have old english in them but I like otehr types of books as well.

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 10:52:46 AM »
I almost never read. I never finish anything. My favorite is 'Jennifer Government' by Max Barry, though.

Offline Cresk

• Clean
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »
Without Remorse by Tom Clancy is by far my favorite.. it was perfect.... It has everything that you would want if you were into that..

Offline Riz-chan!

• We are all fuzzy robots.
  • Clean
  • You look extra squishy.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 06:22:42 PM »
I read a book called "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli(..?) not too long ago.テつ I rather enjoyed it.テつ It's about the struggles of nonconformity and the hatrid of it that exists in the world.
Look around... chances are I'm right behind you.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 08:06:08 PM »
I read this book.テつ I suggest you read it too, it will enhance your communicative abilities with certain members of this forum *Horrible cough*angel*Horrible cough*.

Offline weredragon

• I hate my mother.
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 10:04:26 AM »
My favorite authors are Anne McCaffrey, Tamora Pierce, Robin McKinley, Douglas Adams, and I only read The Onion Girl by Charles deLint but that was so freaking good I'll include him too.

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 01:22:15 PM »
I loved The Onion Girl, and I only read up to halfway on the book(I read it after taking a test in the library).

I'm such a geek. I used to read so much but now I feel dumb being smart and reading all these books at once. *Snort*

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 01:35:22 PM »
Tom Clancy is great, but if you like him, try The Intruders series, by a guy I can't remember right now... I also like Dean Koontz... And Anne Rice...
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

anything