Author Topic: Most Recent Anime You Watched?  (Read 149968 times)

Offline HAUNTER

• hell in a can
  • Clean
  • bla bla basketball
    • uh my failed attemp to creat a manga... oh well...
Re: Most Recent Anime You Watched?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2005, 04:04:03 AM »
DBZ freiza - the fall of the tyrant
 <_<

may seem weird, even though iam am the anime pro, i jus recently started watchin the DBZ series
drink using ur nose... if u dont, ull only regret it when ur old!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2005, 07:32:24 AM »
DBZ freiza - the fall of the tyrant
 <_<

may seem weird, even though iam am the anime pro, i jus recently started watchin the DBZ series

Holy crap... just recently? I have not heard of anyone watching DBZ in like 6 years... I am a fan though, so good for you. You can skip the Buu saga and good luck getting through Namek. :P There is no DBGT and definitely no DBAF (I can't believe I even remembered about all of that shit).

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2005, 08:42:08 AM »
What the hell are you talking about? There is DBGT. On Cartoon Network/Toonami.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline hieisbrat

• Clean
  • I'm not afarid to bite you.!!!! O_o
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2005, 12:30:38 PM »
i watched the full first full season of _crappy overly long series_ on dvd  last night   it was kool and today i watched kenshin dvd...YAY  for me
GRRRRRR

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2005, 05:14:10 PM »
I just finished watching the first five episodes of Gakuen Alice.  It's a lot like Kodocha!

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2005, 11:13:34 AM »

i'm pretty sure he knows DBGT exists, just like most people with good taste he doesn't want to beleive it.  :P

Apparrently, Dragonball AF, has become a fanfiction  :o

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2005, 11:21:41 AM »
It has been a fanfic for the longest time.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2005, 11:06:04 PM »
Whaddya mean skip the Buu Saga?!  That's the best arc of dbz, it goes back to it's db roots and ditches most of the lame repeating animation and the plot devices toriyama uses to defeat ridiculously strong opponents isn't nearly are ludicrous as the "saiyans grow stronger every time they lose!" bs.  The first arc with raditz and vegeta is good, though too much filler, the namek saga is complete crap, the cell saga has its moments of glory, but Buu stands above them all because it manages to recapture the magic of dragonball.  It also has the best fights in the series, outside of the Brolly movies.  I just reread all 42 volumes of dragonball two weeks ago and it still one of my favorite series.  Btw, I prefer the manga because of it's lack of fillers, but the anime has some truly glorious fight scenes that can't be expressed in manga form. 

* JaisBane puts on orange baseball hat with the kanji kame on it

VICTORY!!
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2005, 09:48:53 PM »

i'm pretty sure he knows DBGT exists, just like most people with good taste he doesn't want to beleive it.  :P

Indeed.

Whaddya mean skip the Buu Saga?!  That's the best arc of dbz, it goes back to it's db roots and ditches most of the lame repeating animation and the plot devices toriyama uses to defeat ridiculously strong opponents isn't nearly are ludicrous as the "saiyans grow stronger every time they lose!" bs.  The first arc with raditz and vegeta is good, though too much filler, the namek saga is complete crap, the cell saga has its moments of glory, but Buu stands above them all because it manages to recapture the magic of dragonball.  It also has the best fights in the series, outside of the Brolly movies.  I just reread all 42 volumes of dragonball two weeks ago and it still one of my favorite series.  Btw, I prefer the manga because of it's lack of fillers, but the anime has some truly glorious fight scenes that can't be expressed in manga form. 

* JaisBane puts on orange baseball hat with the kanji kame on it

VICTORY!!

Most people can't stand it, though. I have to say I did not like the beginning, once Super Buu is out on the loose, though, all is good. I just miss not having Mirai no Trunks around in that particular saga, although I do like Gotenks a lot. It has its good and bad points, much like any of the other sagas. Animation is certainly up a few notches, that's for sure.

Actually, the end was damn good now that I look back... but I watched DBGT immediately after I finished DBZ. BIG mistake. >_<
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 09:49:10 PM by Judau »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2005, 12:47:39 PM »
lol how so. You don't like the DBGT series?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2005, 09:39:06 PM »
lol how so. You don't like the DBGT series?

Of course not. Its CRAP. Watch the last 15 eps of DBZ with Evil Buu and then go right into the *real* first 25 episodes of DBGT. I was appauled, pissed... they ruined so much. I knew it would be bad, and it STILL surprised me how awful it was.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2005, 12:18:28 AM »
I watched DBGT completely in cantonese which increased the hilarity factor 10 fold. 
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2005, 07:07:36 AM »
That probably would have been better than watching it in Japanese. <<

There is no wonder why the North American released skipped the first 25 episodes at first and called them "the lost episodes"... cause they sucked ass. The rest wasn't good either, but the begining was AWFUL.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2005, 08:29:42 AM »
Well I am watching the "lost" episodes now and they are awful. Not enough of everything. The Buu Saga was definately the best and should've been the last in the Dragonball Franchise.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 08:29:58 AM by Sanosuke101 »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2005, 09:10:35 AM »
Indeed, they are bad... and try and place them in front of the Baby Saga as they were originally... its just stupid. Watching Trunks dance like that was just too painful...