Author Topic: Most Recent Anime You Watched?  (Read 149338 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Most Recent Anime You Watched?
« Reply #840 on: October 01, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
Winter Sonata EP 16-23
Azumanga Daioh EP 1-8 (Never fully seen this series from beginning to end before)
Dragonball Z Season 8 (bought it on DVD while on sale, so I watched it out of random)
Several DBZ Movies (also bought several of 'em while on sale, so I watched 'em)
K-ON!! [Season 2] EP 1-17 (being lazy and bored with the series, such a slow series)
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu EP 1-13 (Fun series, I liked it)
Soraiya no Goyou (House of Five Leaves) EP 1-6 [STALLED, due to lack of finding translated episodes]

I know there are several series more but I can't remember. It's been quite some time since I last gave an update. Due to me moving at the beginning of July and once again moving in a couple weeks, I've stalled or held off on watching much anime at all. Plus the fact there's not much good anime lately. Winter, Spring and Summer seasons have sucked big time. Let's hope the Fall 2010 season can redeem the anime world for the year of 2010.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #841 on: November 02, 2010, 09:44:38 AM »
Katanagatri
Fairy Tail
Inazuma Elven
One Piece ( realized I can watch it now ><  :P )
Dragon Ball Z Kai- just because I want to see the difference. so far, different voices more fight scenes. Same boring talking.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #842 on: November 03, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »
Mostly movies and some series:
-Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (Rin is a much more better choice than Saber in my opinion)
-Tales of Vesperia:The First Strike (Want to play the game now...)
-Bungaku Shoujo (I just love this movie!)
-Yosuga no Sora (You can't have Twincest without Wincest  ;))
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #843 on: November 05, 2010, 08:45:32 AM »
Birdy the Mighty Decode is most most recent watch.  My backlog isn't getting any smaller.  -_-

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #844 on: November 06, 2010, 03:45:41 AM »
Watching Welcome to the NHK!
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline [SiNaN]

• Clean
    • SimplePortal
« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2011, 07:37:56 AM »
I just finished Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. Although it had a few flaws in the story, I really liked it.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #846 on: March 07, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
Currently watching Kiddy Grade and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Yes, I'm a bit behind the seasons...

Also considering starting on Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. It looks like all kinds of crazy. Of course, this is Gainax we're talking about...
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline [SiNaN]

• Clean
    • SimplePortal
« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
I have read many diverse comments regarding Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. I didn't watch it though, as I can't stand that type of art.

I really liked Shikabane Hime series and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann from Gainax, but I was really disappointed with them when they messed up the end of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kare Kano.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »
but I was really disappointed with them when they messed up the end of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kare Kano.

There's a reason the TVTropes wiki has an entry for Gainax Ending. Except for a rare few, Gainax always seems to ruin the endings of their shows.

I think I'll be picking up The World God Only Knows and see what it is like. The plot sounds interesting, especially if it's a deconstruction of various tropes. Deconstructions can be such fun.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
Yeah TWOGK is a good series to watch, read the manga too its pretty good cant wait for the second season

Watched series
-Infinite Stratos: To the Recent
-Level E - to the recent
-Kore wa Zombie desu ka- To the recent

Also watched
Macross Frontier the False Songstress
Gundam 00 Awakening Trailblazer (they really should have thought about the ending more)
.hack// Quantum EP1 (Sakuya and Mary <3 whats taking ep 2 so long T^T)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
I am watching:

One Piece (Yes from the very beginning and I have now reached the end of CP9)
Inazuma Eleven
Fairy Tail ( Yes I know The manga IS where it's at, but the anime looks soo fucking awesome with the magic attacks)

Offline [SiNaN]

• Clean
    • SimplePortal
« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
There's a reason the TVTropes wiki has an entry for Gainax Ending. Except for a rare few, Gainax always seems to ruin the endings of their shows.

Indeed. It gets even more annoying when their fans try to explain Gainax screw ups with originality. Thanks for the link!

I think I'll be picking up The World God Only Knows and see what it is like. The plot sounds interesting, especially if it's a deconstruction of various tropes. Deconstructions can be such fun.

It was fun to watch really. I would suggest it as well.

-Infinite Stratos: To the Recent

I was expecting a lot from Infinite Stratos, until it turned out to be Infinite Harem. Still, it's great to have Hikasa Youko, Yukana, Hanazawa Kana and Inoue Marina all together.

Fairy Tail ( Yes I know The manga IS where it's at, but the anime looks soo fucking awesome with the magic attacks)

Yeah. The only thing that series lack is blood.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #852 on: March 13, 2011, 01:37:16 AM »
Ga-Rei Zero

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #853 on: March 13, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »
Wow its been a while since my update so here goes:

K-ON!! [Season 2] (Finished, mediocre)
Infinite Stratos EP 1-10 (damn this anime, hate it but I must finish watching it)
Fractale EP 1-2
Level E EP 1
Horou Musuko EP 1
Naruto Shippudden EP 190-201 (decided to pick this back up since the filler was ending and I wanted to see the new stuff animated)
Baccano! EP 1-14 ( haven't watched 15 or 16 yet, fun series, though leaves alot to be explained)
Golden Boy EP 1-6 (funny as hell)
Kimi ni Todoke [Season 2] EP 1-9
Clannad EP 1-22 (rewatched)
Clannad After Story 1-17 (rewatching)
Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 1-3 (bought the DVDs so I'm rewatching)
Senkou no Night Raid (finished it finally, pretty good but stuff left unanswered)
Gundam 00 Awakening Trailblazer Movie (agreed bout the ending, really annoyed me)

I'm sure there's a few more I forgot about. I know I've seen several short OVA series as well, besides Golden Boy, I just can't remember.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #854 on: April 07, 2011, 08:15:18 AM »
Wow its been a while since my update so here goes:

K-ON!! [Season 2] (Finished, mediocre)
Infinite Stratos EP 1-10 (damn this anime, hate it but I must finish watching it)
Fractale EP 1-2
Level E EP 1
Horou Musuko EP 1
Naruto Shippudden EP 190-201 (decided to pick this back up since the filler was ending and I wanted to see the new stuff animated)
Baccano! EP 1-14 ( haven't watched 15 or 16 yet, fun series, though leaves alot to be explained)
Golden Boy EP 1-6 (funny as hell)
Kimi ni Todoke [Season 2] EP 1-9
Clannad EP 1-22 (rewatched)
Clannad After Story 1-17 (rewatching)
Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 1-3 (bought the DVDs so I'm rewatching)
Senkou no Night Raid (finished it finally, pretty good but stuff left unanswered)
Gundam 00 Awakening Trailblazer Movie (agreed bout the ending, really annoyed me)

I'm sure there's a few more I forgot about. I know I've seen several short OVA series as well, besides Golden Boy, I just can't remember.

1. dam thats a lot of anime to be watching at one time
2. heh golden boy soo funny, yet soo perverted. Still don't understand why he dropped out
3. Yu Yu Hakusho ftw!!!!

anything