Author Topic: Antifreeze and hot dogs  (Read 2276 times)

Offline weredragon

• I hate my mother.
  • Budding Addict
Antifreeze and hot dogs
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:50:31 AM »
I'm raising a Seeing Eye dog, Precious, and so I'm friends with a lot of the other people in the 4-H group raising other Seeing Eye dogs, and the Kramers were raising Wiley.

But recently someone put a bowl of antifreeze and hot dogs in the Kramers backyard and badly poisoned Wiley and their rottie Brandy. Wiley was taken back to Morristown, NJ to be treated at the Seeing Eye, and they won't let the Kramers have him or another dog from them in case it happens again. Wiley is such a sweet dog.

Apparently this type of thing has happened to them before too, someone put duct tape all over a boston terrier they had. It would really fucking hurt to pull duct tape off with all that fur on the dog.

It is really freaking cowardly to get back at someone you don't like by trying to kill their dogs.

Offline Steven

• Resident Igo Enthusiast
  • Addict
  • What her outstretched hand embodies is...
Re: Antifreeze and hot dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:54:27 AM »
Someone's doing this to get back at them then?  I assume they don't know who's doing it?

Bah, there are far too many stupid people in the world...

Offline weredragon

• I hate my mother.
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:55:24 AM »
At least Wiley was trained not to bark, and if it was just barking or something there's more people in the neighborhood with worse dogs and nothing ever happened to them.

Offline Steven

• Resident Igo Enthusiast
  • Addict
  • What her outstretched hand embodies is...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 05:56:48 AM »
Yeah, it sounds like whoever's doing this either has something against the family or against blind people.

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 08:44:20 AM »
Those are some really lame pranks.

I feel bad for the owners and the dogs.
That's sad to hear.  Especially to a seeing eye dog.  Hope he/she recovers quickly and fully.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 08:57:05 AM »
Oh my gosh! That is terrible! Do they know who did it? That's animal cruelty that person can go to prison. or jail I would think not prison. lol But still thats just not right hurting the dogs.  :'(

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 11:23:39 AM »
Well... that's not right at all. Someone should really learn a lesson, it seems.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 02:11:24 PM »
Do the simple thing...find out who did it and poison them. Animal cruelty is worse in my opinion than murder. I do hope the dog will be able to recover from that nasty prank.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 02:28:08 PM »
That sucks. Then again, it's not my problem so I really don't care all that much. I do hate it when people are mean to animals though.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 06:23:36 PM »
animal cruelty pisses me off.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 09:47:21 PM »
I'm against animal cruely- durr... But this is kind of off topic: it would be kind of funny to train a seeing-eye dog to walk people out in front of cars. That's what I first thought of when I heard you were raising them.

You know... train it to run to safety, but leave the blind person in the street, or on the edge of a boat dock. /: sorry....

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 10:09:17 PM »
That would be excellent. I would find it pretty funny if I were to see thar happen. Anyway, yeah, animal cruelty is horrible. It's nature though. ;)

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 07:04:46 AM »
I had a good friend who was blind and had a big german shepperd for a seeing eye dog.  Dog was the coolest.  Strong as an ox to, the guy walked with a pretty fast cadence, and he let me take the harnass once and told the dog to go, and it about took me out of my shoes.  This is just mean, the person who did it, obviously had the intent of trying to injure or kill the dog. 
Now Watching: 

anything