Poll

Mai-HiME anime versus manga, which is better?

Definitely the manga
Leaning towards manga
Indifferent/Undecided
Leaning towards anime
Definitely the anime

Author Topic: Anime versus manga  (Read 9813 times)

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
Re: Anime versus manga
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 08:07:32 PM »
At least it only sounds like me and doesn't look like me, I'd be in trouble if that were true.  Why, I'd be worse off than roots in the affairs of love... ;D

yeah, ok ass. It's not that I can't get a girlfriend, it's that I can't find time to devote to one. ふざけるな、この野郎!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 08:27:58 PM »
Man, you've had your slave-kun for what, 2 months now?  You say she's so damn hot, but you don't even know if she's single or not.  That's just called being a pussy.  You have neither a penis, nor testicles.  If you want to redeem yourself you need to grope her atleast 5 times at your next encounter without her noticing.  If she does, you better have her in your bed by the end of the night.  Otherwise, you might as well donate your package to someone more deserving, like a lesbian.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 07:50:32 AM »
I've only met slave-kun 3 times now. Besides I'm her mentor, and acting in the manner you described is not being a mentor, it's being a sex-hound. Sorry if I don't like my balls think instead of my brain. :P

On another note.....I wouldn't mind sharing my package with a lesbian. :o

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
I like the manga better.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Reiyon

• Clean
  • "I know" isn't an argument...
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 09:39:38 AM »
I like the anime over the manga. :3
It might be a wrong way to judge but, sorry, I just can't read or watch something with artwork I don't like.... ~_~

Offline JackGrover

• Koudanshi
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • I wish I could just combine all the girls into one
    • Keystone Collie Club, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 12:56:27 PM »
I've watched the first 8 TV episodes and I do like them a lot, but I prefer the interaction, and tension, caused by the need for a more personal relationship with a "Key" in order to bring forth a Child.  Not to mention that in the manga, the Key dies if the Child is destroyed.  Now THERE is an interesting plot twist!  Especially for Tate who is a Key for two HiME's.  Hmmmm, could he be the exception to the rule?  We'll just have to wait and see!  Well, those of us here in the States that can't read Japanese yet.  The only thing about the manga that turns me off is that it's gotten much to "busy".  As if the artwork has taken a backseat to the need for getting it out faster.  That's where the Anime rocks.  The settings work well to advance the story.  As in Ichigo 100% and I's, you need that detail in the backgrounds.  Oops, looks like my time is up here.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 06:19:23 AM by JackGrover »

The arrival of Spring brings with it thoughts of...

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2005, 05:12:32 AM »
I dunno, something about the anime is pissing me off. If I were to describe it in 1 word, I would choose: simplistic. This applies especially to the fight scenes. It's always the same thing, same scene, same attack used again and again (really obvious when it comes to the Child). The story seems to have some depth to it, but the artist keeps holding back on it and only lets out bits and piece of it.

btw, I am basing this arguement over the first 12 episodes of the anime, and I havent read the manga yet. I hope the series gets better as I watch the remaining episodes.

Edit: Finished the series, the story got a bit darker and the action got a bit better. But I still stand by my original comment of the begining being kinda boring...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 03:19:16 PM by Undark »

Offline kryu

• Clean
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 05:01:49 PM »
I thought the anime was finished.... ???
How come the manga still go on???

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 06:12:51 PM »
The manga and anime have nothing to do with each other.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline [H]eaven[Z]

• Clean
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 05:29:37 AM »
ehhhh..... the manga... had ended long time ago..... no offence to the yanime staff... the anime... i find tat SHINHO IS DAMN IRRITATING MAN... all she do is ONII-CHAN~~~~ etc etc... so thus... i prefer the manga... cause in the anime... from wad i heard... mai and tate's relationship nvr even reach tat point tat is the same as the manga.. so its stupid... and.. in the anime... they dun even need their keys ard to summon their child la... which is so gay... cause... their child die.. the person... whom dun even noe whether they are the most impt person in the hime's life will jus die for nothing... Zzzzz... so like nt fair la... then in the anime... in one of the episodes... why was tate like dieing when his senior was abt to kiss mai ah?? tat one i dun understand... and the anime... mai thinks the most impt person in her life is takumi when it is wrong la... so itss like super gay la... she protect the wrong person... Zzzzzz.....

Offline captn charisma

• Clean
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 12:50:16 PM »
i think the anime is much better......

The ending to the anime had a much more grandiose earth shattering feeling to it....whereas the ending to the manga seemed a bit smaller in scale......

plus, i enjoyed more the personal tragedies we witnessed in the anime, when all of the hime's partners kept on dying...  (don't anyone tell me tate's death didn't make you sad...)..

the manga had a kinda "conspiricy theory" feel to it.....didn't really like it too much
~wahahahahah......

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 08:05:01 AM »
I finished the manga the other day. It feels really rushed compared to the anime. Some of the characters you barely get know them. And the scans were really crap too. The only thing I liked about it was how it seems to have told a bit more of Natsuki's past.