Author Topic: a series of unfortunate events  (Read 4588 times)

Offline jenniferLOVESyou

• Fairy ^_^
  • Slightly Buzzed
a series of unfortunate events
« on: December 19, 2004, 10:56:05 AM »
i REALLY wanna see this. yeah i know it looks kiddy and i dont think my friends wanna see it. but it looks fun ^.^

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
Re: a series of unfortunate events
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 10:08:42 PM »
i wanna see it too

i'll probably see it when i'm out in reno, my mom and i are planning on just seeing a buncha movies to waste time...

my mom/me/my dad keep calling it just lemony snicket's, and it was pissing my brother off. he was like "i didn't know you were on a first name basis already" hehe

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 11:06:37 PM »
This looks filmtamastically brilliant.  Jim Carrey looks uncannily like Chistopher Lloyd as well.  I love a good whimsical tale.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 11:42:51 PM »
dude yes, i'm not the only one who thinks he looks like christopher lloyd in his count olaf getup!

Offline jenniferLOVESyou

• Fairy ^_^
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 08:45:23 AM »
haha. my sisters were my only chance of me being able to watch this without forcing people to go with me >.< unfortunately, my older sister saw it last night and my little sister is gonna see it tomorrow... IM GONNA MISS YOU WHEN YOU GO TO RENO :(

maybe i'll force charles to watch it with me *grins*

Cherry

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 09:21:33 AM »
I read the books a long time ago, and i thought it was boring, but it's probably cuz those kinds of books don't appeal to me, but the movie looks pretty good ^_^ and the characters are so cute!

cuteflyz89

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 09:21:46 AM »
Yeah I want to see this too. It looks good.

Offline Anbu0029

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 10:27:55 PM »
i read the first two books b4 the movie came out then i saw the movie on the first day it came out. it was ok but it kinda didnt explain explain some important stuff which occured in the books

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 12:37:36 AM »
I saw it. ^-^ 3rd row.. scared the crap out of me bro. Snake jumped out.. he jumped out of the cage, me bro jumped out of his seat!! I started to laugh my ass off. But hey... its a kick ass movie. Well... i thought it was.
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline Anbu0029

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2004, 05:34:18 PM »
when that part happened all these kids and babies started crying and screaming, everyone there was really shocked.

Offline Shayla

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Whoa, I'm back?
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2004, 09:15:18 PM »
I thought it was a good movie. I have read most of the books, and I thought they did a good job with it. Though they kinda mixed up the order within the first 3 books [hard to explain].

Still liked the movie though! Jim Carey did a great job as Count Olaf!  ;D

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 05:05:15 PM »
i saw this the other day. i loved it! i love movies that are extremely artistic. and i like movies based off of books because you hear so many different opinions... i think i might read the books now, to see how they compare to the movie. but i thought it was great. amazing. and i liked the music in it too (i have a thing for movie soundtracks...)

anyway, i loved the artistic aspect of it, and all the actors were good. even that baby. (oh but i didn't like the whole subtitles for the baby thing. some were funny but it was a little dumb.)

Offline Shayla

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Whoa, I'm back?
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 04:57:55 PM »
i saw this the other day. i loved it! i love movies that are extremely artistic. and i like movies based off of books because you hear so many different opinions... i think i might read the books now, to see how they compare to the movie. but i thought it was great. amazing. and i liked the music in it too (i have a thing for movie soundtracks...)

anyway, i loved the artistic aspect of it, and all the actors were good. even that baby. (oh but i didn't like the whole subtitles for the baby thing. some were funny but it was a little dumb.)

Yeah, I'd read the books. Even though they seem like really easy books to read, I still enjoyed them :) You'll find out that the movie was pretty different than the books.

Oh yeah, Sunny the baby for the movie it was kinda weird what she said with the subtitles, but i thought it was better reading it. *shrug* She used her teeth more, too :P

Offline VW_Kidd

• Japan Bound
  • Addict
  • ...dakara...
    • Chained Bishounen
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2005, 10:14:21 AM »
I've been a huge fan of the books since I was nine, so I want to see the movie.  But are they going to give it a happy ending?  I really don't think that the end of the series (book 13) will be happy...
My Myspace

Join Gaia today and tell them VW_Kid referred you.

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2005, 01:25:58 PM »
the ending is kind of vague, but it does have a happy feeling... i guess if/when you go to see it you'll see what i mean. it's one of those endings where it doesn't really end, and it leaves you guessing.