Author Topic: FFIX  (Read 4084 times)

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
Re: FFIX
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 09:27:46 AM »

Eh, maybe I'm just being ignorant here, because personally, I beat the game and then went back and made my characters stronger... But, if you maxed all your stuff out, shouldn't your characters be able to kill all your Aeons in 1 hit, assuming you got Break Damage Limit and all that good stuff?

I think FFX had the absolute worst boss fight. >_< Yuu Yevon was a joke, Jeckt was really easy, and from my experience, the Aeons were super-easy too.

Well, you see you can't kill you aeons in 1 hit because maxed out their health is 10x that of yours.  Now, it's easy enough to get through the first four, but when you have to face Bahamut, Anima, Yojimbo, and the threes Magus Sisters (each who can kill your entire party in practically one hit) it gets quite a bit more difficult. 
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 09:37:52 AM »
well, assuming your character's health would be 9,999, then the aeon's health would be 99,999, which is how much damage my regular attack did after getting break damage limit. this is how i beat the final boss with one attack.

now, this may seem like the boss battles in FFX are easy, which they are. but there is one (or a few, i suppose) exception. i don't know if you recall the guy in the Calm Lands, the one who would create new monsters after you captured a bunch of different ones. some of the later ones are just holy shit tough. i can't even exactly remember what made them so tough, i believe it was because you had a bunch of status ailments cast on you, your attacks were weakend, and the monster's health and defense were huge.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 02:46:57 PM »
Well, you see you can't kill you aeons in 1 hit because maxed out their health is 10x that of yours.  Now, it's easy enough to get through the first four, but when you have to face Bahamut, Anima, Yojimbo, and the threes Magus Sisters (each who can kill your entire party in practically one hit) it gets quite a bit more difficult. 

Like Clash said, with Break Damage Limit, you should be able to do 99,999 a hit and kill them each in 1 hit...

now, this may seem like the boss battles in FFX are easy, which they are. but there is one (or a few, i suppose) exception. i don't know if you recall the guy in the Calm Lands, the one who would create new monsters after you captured a bunch of different ones. some of the later ones are just holy shit tough. i can't even exactly remember what made them so tough, i believe it was because you had a bunch of status ailments cast on you, your attacks were weakend, and the monster's health and defense were huge.

Yeah, Nemesis had something crazy like 1,000,000 HP, plus all that stuff... I never fought him, though. ^_^;;