Author Topic: What Are You Wearing Currently?  (Read 97342 times)

Offline Zackies

• Addict
  • Horray!
Re: What Are You Wearing Currently?
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2004, 10:26:42 AM »
Anyway, it's no big deal.
If it's no big deal, why does it piss you off more than anything else?

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2004, 10:38:57 AM »
And to those of you that say you wear them for the comfort, skate shoes are not even comfortable. They suck. You wear them for skating/biking/or some other "extreme" sport that has to have a flat shoe. I hate it when people wear skate shoes and they don't even skate. Nothing pisses me off more, i don't think. >:(

Gee, you sounded fine yesterday.  What happened to "It's no big deal."

I have flat feet, (literally-they're pretty flat) therefore I don't like shoes with arcs 'cause they make my feet really hurt after a while.  Not to say flat shoes are the best either, but they're more comfortable for everyday purposes.  Do you wear your shoes everyday?  If they're not comfortable, why wear them everyday?  If they are comfortable, why can't others wear them?

I like and wear "skate" shoes, but I don't skate.  Does that piss you off?

It's partially about the market.  Yes, at first skate shoes were targeted towards skaters, riders, extreme sports and the such, since it was designed for skaters and the like.  However, why limit themselves to that, when they see they're capable of so much more?  To NOT sell to people who are willing to buy, they'd be killing themselve and their company.  Therefore, they've expanded their target market, as well as their product line, so that everyone can wear the shoes as they please.  They're not targeting just you anymore.

What're they going to do?  Put shoes on display, quiz you to see if you skate, and sell it to you if you do, and refuse to sell it to you if you don't skate?  Lame-o (The concept)

No offense, but it's not like I'm going around saying "I skate, I skate" even though I'm sure you've encountered people that do.  But what difference does it make?  You're the one that skates, and you know that, so it shouldn't matter.  I like the style, and I like the company, just like most.  And I find them comfortable.  Would you buy a skate shoe from a company you didn't like?  I don't think so.  Would you buy anything from a company you didn't like?

Nike, Reebok, and Converse all started out as "athletic" shoes.  They were considered "exclusive," because they were made for athletics, but look at them now!  It surely didn't stop them from creating the same type but in a more general sense for the "general" public to wear.  Expanded their target market.  Expanded their product line.  Simple.

Marketing101-Stupid Final got to me

Current Outfit:
Tanktop, and shorts

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2004, 10:42:39 AM »
Judau, they don't make a skate shoe for casual wearing. They keep coming out with more and more professional models. However, they keep the old ones too. And to those of you that say you wear them for the comfort, skate shoes are not even comfortable. They suck. You wear them for skating/biking/or some other "extreme" sport that has to have a flat shoe. I hate it when people wear skate shoes and they don't even skate. Nothing pisses me off more, i don't think. >:(

O_o Actually, they are quite comfortable, I have not worn anything besides skate shoes for... 8 or 9 years? And you gotta be kidding me, fucking Callicuts? They are NOT professional models. They are only worn for casual reasons, if someone besides a 7th grader wore them to skate, they would completely tear them into pieces way too fast to make it worth it.

And plus, if that pisses you off so much, too bad, you must be having heart attacks left and right.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 10:46:56 AM by Judau »

Offline Shayla

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Whoa, I'm back?
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2004, 12:44:15 PM »
Very true.

But, I wear skater shoes and don't skate :P I actually was just wearing my vans.

Currently: Tan shirt, with my awesome plaid capris :D

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2004, 12:54:05 PM »
And another thing... I don't remember ever meeting a 2 year old skater before.

http://etnies.com/footwear/toddlers/callicutv/

So cute. :)

And here is the normal Callicut:

http://etnies.com/footwear/skate/callicut/

13 fucking colors? Does that sound like a performance shoe to ANYBODY? No, its for STYLE. The Lo-Cut IIs and Lo-Cut 3s also have more colors... all of the other Etnies have like 1-3 colors. Novices will have more soon, too, those are just too new right now.

I know all of my examples are with Etnies, but those are the shoes I know well. There are plenty of DCs that are the same deal. Not so much with Osiris, Circa... some of the other brands I do have to say only seem to appear on skaters/bikers/whatever. But some of the bigger brands have spread their appeal to sell more shoes. Not sure about Es and Emerica, I do believe they have some casual models as well.

Anyway, I just have a gray long sleeve t-shirt, work jeans, socks, my old Etnies Throttles, and my black Terrible One hoodie on... doing some work outside.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 01:57:34 PM by Judau »

Offline Shayla

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Whoa, I'm back?
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »
Aww, Those Etnies are so cute and tiny! ;D

If I had a little brother, I'd make him wear those.

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2004, 01:25:49 PM »
13 fucking colors

*drooool* 13 fucking colors....guh

I want those brown ones ;___;
And the gray ones ._.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 05:09:16 PM by Ruri »

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2004, 01:33:04 PM »
Some really comfortable camo zip-off jeans, a Monkees 20 year reunion shirt, class ring, silver-toe socks, and Ever-Last tennis shoes.
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

caring_is_creepy

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2004, 03:05:38 PM »
im wearing a shirt.
and underwear.

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2004, 03:11:52 PM »
I'm wearing,

A black shirt that says all these rock stuff on it and it has little holes on the side,
Blue jean pantes that go down kinda under my shoe,
Blue tenne shoes and christmas socks!! There so cute@!!
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2004, 03:20:01 PM »
Guess what I am wearing...

my uniform

caring_is_creepy

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2004, 09:15:27 PM »
pink tank top. pink superman undies

Offline Tonyf9685

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Me - sports and anime fanatic (and proud of it!)
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2004, 03:08:28 AM »
It IS 6 in the morning, so....

'snow patterned' boxers, white T-shirt, white socks...I have a class ring on too, but I only take that off when I shower, so I thought it irrelevant to mention before...^^'
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?  ^_~   Also, I believe that if the RED SOX can win the World Series, the Lions can win the Super Bowl.  Who wants to disagree?  (*glares menacingly*)

caring_is_creepy

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2004, 09:52:05 AM »
black pinstripe pants. pink tank top with a black mesh top over it. black sweater. white socks. black sketchers.

*is lacking color today*

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2004, 09:53:20 AM »
so much for "rainbow week" ...

red flaming lips shirt that jon gave me, with a long sleeve navy blue shirt underneath... jeans... my converse sneakers... and the basics.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 09:54:04 AM by cynical monkey »

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery