Author Topic: What Are You Wearing Currently?  (Read 97240 times)

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
Re: What Are You Wearing Currently?
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2004, 08:15:25 PM »
Sorry, but I just don't see why people wear shoes that are meant for skateboarding when they don't skate. Let me put it this way; you wouldn't go around wearing golf shoes, would you? Anyway, it's no big deal.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2004, 08:20:48 PM »
I personally find them comfortable.  Besides, I'm not trying to start a war or anything, but in my own opinion, I think they were created mainly for those types of sports and activities, however I think they were also created for and with a decent amount of comfort.  Golf shoes on the other hand, I think were made specifically for golf and just golf.

I wear them for comfort.  I do happen to like the style at the same time, so that's an added plus, but mainly for comfort.

What's the difference from wearing Etnies made for skaing, as oppose to wearing Nike running shoes made for running?

They're both going to be worn by people who might not do either, so eh, if people like them, then fine.  Not like the creators care.  They're selling their shoes either way.  Some may be imposing, so what...but there are people out there that enjoy the simple comfort of some shoes.

Of course, if I do shitloads of walking, I'd wear my NBs, but I prefer my Etnies.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 08:57:46 PM by Ruri »

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2004, 08:25:17 PM »
Like I said, it's no big deal. However, skateboarding shoes were made for skating and just that. Anyway, it still doesn't matter. I guess I've just gotten used to the dumbasses at my school posing at everything, so, when I see a person wearing skateboarding shoes who doesn't skate; I get a little pissed. Sorry, but I do.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2004, 08:26:42 PM »
*shrugs* no biggie
I don't really care : )
Just saying my pov like you :P

Waya475

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2004, 08:29:20 PM »
I wear running shoes, and I don't run.  Does that make me a poseur?  Or is it just because YOU wear that particular style, that you think people are being poseurs?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 08:29:43 PM by Waya475 »

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2004, 08:30:25 PM »
Did I say that Ruri was a poser for wearing skate shoes? No. ;)

Waya475

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2004, 08:30:57 PM »
But you said people at school who wear skate shoes and don't skate, implying that THEY are poseurs.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2004, 08:42:44 PM »
That's the people that go to my school. The last time I checked, Ruri didn't go to my school.

Offline BlueEvil

• Clean
  • oo^< - lalala
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2004, 08:49:11 PM »
Sorry, but I just don't see why people wear shoes that are meant for skateboarding when they don't skate. Let me put it this way; you wouldn't go around wearing golf shoes, would you? Anyway, it's no big deal.

I wear airwalks sometimes, mostly in the winter and I don't skateboard.  dude, do you see how thick the padding is.  it keeps my feet nice and comfy.   ;D

um.... I'm wearing a bunch of crappy work clothes, it was a dbz shirt... now it's a bleach-dotted piece of shit shirt.  all thanks to work.  then I have like jeans, socks, boxers, the whole package.  just crappy work clothes.
Josh's Sig

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2004, 08:55:26 PM »
haha, i used to only wear airwalks when i was younger. was i ever a skater? no. i wore them because they were comfortable... and i liked how they looked. the end.

i'm wearing my pajamas again, of course...

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2004, 09:21:57 PM »

I wear airwalks sometimes, mostly in the winter and I don't skateboard.  dude, do you see how thick the padding is.  it keeps my feet nice and comfy.   ;D

Heh, except Airwalks have all but been shunned from skating and BMX for years, minus a few signature models. Reason? They last like shit. Airwalks, even though they might advertise otherwise, are not built well enough for abuse, they are casual shoes, simple as that. Again, minus the $85+ signature models.

And as for people wearing skating shoes... when I first started riding, people thought my old Etnies were mock Adidas Sambas because of the "E" that looked like an M on the side.... simply, skate shoes were only popular with those who it would buy them for good reason. Skaters, bikers, surfers, snowboarders, inline skaters, and the like were 99% of the people who bought the shoes even just 6 or 7 years ago.

Since then, more people I guess "like the style", and since the shoes were always made for comfort, style, and durability combined, they work well for casual shoes, not just its intended purpose. I mean right there, I am saying this as a bike rider, and most of these shoes were developed first for skating... but for the obvious reasons, bike riders have been buying the same shoes for just as long. Running sheos SUCK for riding and skating, so they are needed by the people that participate in those sports.

But over the last 5 or so years, many more people have been buying the shoes. Now every brand has like... at least 15 models ranging in price where they used to be 4 or 5. And many models are made mostly for casual wear. While I love my Etnies Callicuts, and they are skating shoes, how many skaters do you see wearing them while skating? I have never riden my bike with them, that's for sure. They just are not made for that, they don't have that kind of strength. Grip tape or pedals would rip them apart in a month. Therefore I have other pairs which each cost like... $90+ of Etnies made for the abuse I give them, and they hold up. I still have pairs of shoes from when I was a Junior in high school. And I still wear them, although they have gotten a beating.

And with Ruri's situation, she just likes the style, and its not like she went out and bought some super expensive pair of skater shoes, she has Callicuts and Novices, built mainly for looks, style, and comfort. Just like she buys some skating clothing, looks, comfort... they don't just make clothing for skaters anymore, although that used to be the de facto.

Note there are still certain brands... that you just don't see other people wearing. Well, unless you are a friend of a person who wears it. I know for biking there is Terrible One, UGP, Little Devil... used to be Fox for BMX and MX... but that's *obviously* not the case anymore, but you get used to seeing stuff like that in Bob's Stores after a while. <<

Oh yeah, what I'm wearing now...

Black Initial D Evo IV t-shirt
Dark denim Etnies jeans
Fox belt
Black Vans socks
Boxers
Black Etnies Vallely shoes
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 10:04:10 PM by Judau »

Offline Tonyf9685

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Me - sports and anime fanatic (and proud of it!)
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2004, 10:29:25 PM »
Hmmm...Interesting category...

I'm wearing a white Detroit Pistons T-shirt, some blue jeans (which I just put a hole in the knee of, today.. _-_ ), white socks, black heart boxers...^^'
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?  ^_~   Also, I believe that if the RED SOX can win the World Series, the Lions can win the Super Bowl.  Who wants to disagree?  (*glares menacingly*)

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2004, 08:51:33 AM »
Judau, they don't make a skate shoe for casual wearing. They keep coming out with more and more professional models. However, they keep the old ones too. And to those of you that say you wear them for the comfort, skate shoes are not even comfortable. They suck. You wear them for skating/biking/or some other "extreme" sport that has to have a flat shoe. I hate it when people wear skate shoes and they don't even skate. Nothing pisses me off more, i don't think. >:(

cuteflyz89

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2004, 09:26:48 AM »
Thank you finaly someone agrees w/ me!! omg so many ppl are wearing the skating shoes and they dont even skateboard! its so stupid.

I am wearing..... White shirt, white bra,blue jean pants, adidas hat really cute one and not the baseball like ones, (checkered)sp? pink,blue,white thong.

caring_is_creepy

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2004, 10:23:15 AM »
um. red bra. red panties. white socks. pink pants. pastel purple shirt with a beige tank top under it. black sweater duster. and glittery pink fuzzy scarf.

i LUFF the scarf ^.^ my friend was wearing it today but she said it matches my pants and let me wear it ^.^