Author Topic: A breakdown...  (Read 3702 times)

Waya475

Re: A breakdown...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 03:40:44 PM »
Jesus Christ, you all have fucking crazy parents.  That shit is unacceptable, and the law agrees with me.

That is abuse.  Child abuse is not acceptable.  You should report her.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 03:41:30 PM by Kaizou475 »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 06:41:34 PM »
And I wouldn't call the cops on mom just because she slapped me.

I'd consider slapping abuse.  She had no reason to and she did anyway.  It's not like she just spanked you for doing something bad. 

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 02:38:13 PM »
My mom has a few loose screws in her head, so I can't blame her for not slapping me. I think I deserved the abuse, but I was just there at the wrong time when she got angry. She's the one who needs therapy to tell you the truth, but she denies there's nothing wrong with her.

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Waya475

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 02:43:25 PM »
There you go then.  She needs counseling.  Talk to someone like a teacher about it, and your mom can get the help she needs.  Don't make up excuses for her behavior.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2004, 03:52:03 PM »
Yeah, Jess, it really doesn't sound right.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 05:38:26 PM »
I know it's not normal...and I've told my psycharitrist about mom's behavior...Still, what she's going to do? Maybe report her but I really doubt that.

Offline Death Pixie

• Budding Addict
  • Don't you blow your top.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 06:24:55 PM »
Okay, my breakdown started when I went downstairs at 7 in the morning and mom was having trouble with the T.V because the cat took out some wires in the middle of the night. So, being sick and coughing my brains out I watched her struggle with the wires. Then, she became possessed of this unneccesary rage and couldn't control her anger. Then, she started heading towards me with rude remarks and deadly actions. She hit me so hard on the arm, I thought my arm would be cut off or something; it left such a mark. Then, after discussing about I don't care about my health and all that, she said she wanted me to die. Then, I ran upstairs to my room and cried until my eyes fell off. I was shaking and then I fell to the floor, fearing of everything around me. Damn, that was scary.

To prevent it from happening again, I need a way to suppress the anger I have about everything around me and not let it turn into another breakdown. So, this is where I ask for help from you guys. If anybody has had my experience before or has a theory in some way, please tell me your methods to help be rid of this obsession to kill. And I do go to therapy because of this by the way, so if that's one of your ways to help, it's already been taken into effect.  :(

That obsession to kill is natural around 13-17 year olds. All the anger, angst and depression is normal, everyone goes through it, and it is tough. But it gets better. Really, it does.

As for your mother... We all have our bad days, but if you say that behaviour is common, then...
Well, I've never had really abusive parents, unless you count The Belt or the Texas shaped paddle, but I think all of that was neccessary.
If it goes past punishment for things you've done wrong, then it's a problem. At this time, from what you've told us anyway, I wouldn't ring the child abuse bells just yet, but be careful. Telling your pshychiatrist about it was a good thing.
I can't tell you how many friends of mine have done this.... Whatever you do, don't exaggerate or under exaggerate when you tell someone about it. Doing one or the other is never good and it causes alot of problems.

And eeehh, other than that, I can't say much.
Are we alone?
Mission complete to the unknown.
This is a story.
This is so sorry.
All is a stone, sunk in too deep,
Run out of air
Lung full of heavy, it's feeling heavy.
Were we forewarned?
Force it to break,
Labor of hate.
Who are we fooling?
What are we doing?

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 07:07:07 PM »
Okay, my breakdown started when I went downstairs at 7 in the morning and mom was having trouble with the T.V because the cat took out some wires in the middle of the night. So, being sick and coughing my brains out I watched her struggle with the wires. Then, she became possessed of this unneccesary rage and couldn't control her anger. Then, she started heading towards me with rude remarks and deadly actions. She hit me so hard on the arm, I thought my arm would be cut off or something; it left such a mark. Then, after discussing about I don't care about my health and all that, she said she wanted me to die. Then, I ran upstairs to my room and cried until my eyes fell off. I was shaking and then I fell to the floor, fearing of everything around me. Damn, that was scary.

To prevent it from happening again, I need a way to suppress the anger I have about everything around me and not let it turn into another breakdown. So, this is where I ask for help from you guys. If anybody has had my experience before or has a theory in some way, please tell me your methods to help be rid of this obsession to kill. And I do go to therapy because of this by the way, so if that's one of your ways to help, it's already been taken into effect.  :(

That obsession to kill is natural around 13-17 year olds. All the anger, angst and depression is normal, everyone goes through it, and it is tough. But it gets better. Really, it does.

As for your mother... We all have our bad days, but if you say that behaviour is common, then...
Well, I've never had really abusive parents, unless you count The Belt or the Texas shaped paddle, but I think all of that was neccessary.
If it goes past punishment for things you've done wrong, then it's a problem. At this time, from what you've told us anyway, I wouldn't ring the child abuse bells just yet, but be careful. Telling your pshychiatrist about it was a good thing.
I can't tell you how many friends of mine have done this.... Whatever you do, don't exaggerate or under exaggerate when you tell someone about it. Doing one or the other is never good and it causes alot of problems.

And eeehh, other than that, I can't say much.

Thanks. I feel slightly better now that you explained my problem well.  :)

anything