Author Topic: School Rumble (summary)  (Read 3895 times)

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
School Rumble (summary)
« on: November 14, 2004, 10:13:27 AM »
"Tsukamoto Tenma, one of the stars of this manga, is a pretty normal, high-spirited and energetic schoolgirl. She happens in love with Karasumaru, an odd, quiet fellow that is about to move to another town, so desperate she writes him a (long, long, very long, too long) letter expressing her feelings and leaves it in his locker. He reads it... twice, and decides not to leave just yet. Too bad Tenma forgot to sign her declaraction of love.

...And that's how School Rumble, Kobayashi Jin's debut manga, starts. It could be described as a romantic high school comedy, or maybe as a gag manga full of romantic twists, but those descriptions probably don't do it justice. It's hilarious, it's fast-paced, and full of characters that chapter by chapter will grow on you.

For instance, there's Harima, the kind-hearted delinquent who's in love with Tenma, can talk to animals and has slowly turned into your regular girl magnet. Or Tenma's ever-so-shy younger sister, Yakumo, who has the ability to read people's thoughts and is always taking care of her rambunctious sibling. Or Hanai, who's first in his class, does martial arts many hours per day and still has the time to chase his beloved Yakumo. Many other unique characters complete the class, each with their own particularities and of course, love interests."

-Thanks Latin_D for providing the summary  ;D

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
Re: School Rumble (summary)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 09:30:07 PM »
Very good summary

I thought you had forgotten about Harima, after reading the first paragraph...but I read the rest...awesome.

I'll have to get the manga.  All I have now are the current episodes that are out.

I know it's a stupid question to ask, but is it long? <<;

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 06:47:03 AM »
there are about 120 chapters (including the beta chapters) or so out right now...

but also keep in mind that each chapter is like 7-10 pages.. so it's only have the size of your average manga.

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 07:34:07 AM »
There are some chapters that are of the normal length of 20~25 pages though. In volume 1 Chapter b01 was like that, and the first chapter of Volume 2 is like that as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 12:30:46 PM »
Saw the first ep of the anime.  It was cool.  <.<  >.> found some hentai for it to ;D
Now Watching: 

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 10:44:54 PM »
So are we scanslating this now?

And yeah, I saw the first 4 eps, good stuff. ^^

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 09:52:05 AM »
judau: we already released v1 of SR :P

you should really check our main page/site news every once in a while

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 03:36:33 PM »
:P I've been busy, first my old laptop's monitor stopped working so I got a new laptop... then a few weeks later my external HDD with all of my anime, manga, and music went caput. So as it is I just have to re-download everything I lost. Therefore, I apologize that I have not had time to check up on yanime's scanslation status as of late. :P