Author Topic: Racing games  (Read 3628 times)

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Naruto, Cowboy bebop, Initial d!!
    • www.freewebs.com/rockstar_98
Racing games
« on: November 03, 2004, 12:11:05 AM »
I love racing games!! totally in arcades, I play games like Initial D(3rd stage) and Maximum Tune there both really good games, have anyone else tryed them?
D:\Documents and Settings\Akira M\My Documents\My Pictures\rockstar.jpg
MetallicA rocks   .../ My fav. Naruto, Initial d , Cowboy bebop, ichigo 100%, ruroni kenshin, death

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Racing games
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 12:58:12 AM »
That's Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3, not Stage 3... that would be the Initial D movie. And yeah, I've played that, although not enough... no arcades in the area have it, plus, arcades are just not close enough to me in general. BUT, I am getting my PS2 modded soon, and then I shall get Initial D Special Stage, the PS2 version of the Arcade Stage.

And while we are on the subject of racing games, might as well list the games I love on console as well. :) GT3 is awesome, can't wait to get GT4... NFSU was also awesome, with some minor problems, although I have no doubt they shall fix those and add more for the NFSU2. SRS was... not so much good... and the girls are mostly not good looking (its pretty bad that that was the selling point too)... but it had some good aspects in it. Over all, though, too annoying to drift for a game so hardcore on the "scene".

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero/3 are good if you don't mind seeing the same highways over and over... it got pretty challenging by the end. NFS: Hot Persuit 2 was pretty damn good, I enjoyed it a lot, although I still have to finish the last 10 or so races in the... whatever they call the main mode. ^^;;

But I have to say, I LOVED Midnight Club Racing 2. Probably one of my favorite games ever. I have never had such a drive (hah!) to finish a game once it got challenging (I'd usually just not care and drive around or use codes to not care and drive around ^^;;). But this game... I finished 100% and I loved every second, even when I was yelling because I would be winning a long race and end up screwing up at the end and get 5th instead. ^^;;;;; I even got 2/3 the way through on two other people's games because they were stuck. << No doubt they are both stuck at that point still, oh well. :) I should probably get the first one eventually, although I heard it was not even close to as good... but I sure as hell cannot wait for Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition. ^_^

But yeah, like I said, I rarely go to arcades as it is, so I never play racing games really.... cause I don't play any games. But being the Initial D fan I am, whenever I see one of those machines, I must play... so I always keep my card in my wallet. :) Even though I have really not played enough to be good... ^^;;

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 11:03:34 AM »
midnight club 1/2 i think is maxumum tune, on the cover of midnight club it says kanagawa midnight which is a kind of old car manga , (i have a bit of it) but in midnight club even if the name is the same the characters and the story is way different and then for maximum tune its also kanagawa midnight but it actually uses the manga story and the characters in it, ( u can also get a card for maximum tune)
MetallicA rocks   .../ My fav. Naruto, Initial d , Cowboy bebop, ichigo 100%, ruroni kenshin, death

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 12:24:26 PM »
Huh, maybe Midnight Club is roughly based off of that old manga series... although I doubt the games are directly linked considering Rockstar did Midnight Club...

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 02:08:45 PM »
Midnight Club 2 was a pretty awesome game, however i didn't like the first one so much. i won't be playing the the 3rd one because of all the other games coming out. i think the best racing game in existence is Gran Turismo 3, which will be even better with Gran Turismo 4.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 08:26:39 PM »
Midnight Club 2 was a pretty awesome game, however i didn't like the first one so much. i won't be playing the the 3rd one because of all the other games coming out. i think the best racing game in existence is Gran Turismo 3, which will be even better with Gran Turismo 4.

I love GT3, in fact I am finally getting around to playing it more... but mostly for the Rally events, which I beat. But frankly, as much as I love it, I liked MC2 a lot more... I guess I just like the arcade type feel to it... and no game has ever given me such a realistic rush of speed before. I love being able to choose how I get to the end of a race, rather than being on a circuit... and they did it well. So more than any other game (besides San Andreas), I need MC3. I cannot wait. :)

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 10:32:34 PM »
i just bought steering wheels and pedal and then got initial d special stage! its good, but the steering wheel and pedal isnt that good, but its still funn ;D, for pple who played initial d special stage anyone kno what the 3rd one is its hachiroku then project d i think and then whats the last one?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 03:12:26 PM »
i just bought steering wheels and pedal and then got initial d special stage! its good, but the steering wheel and pedal isnt that good, but its still funn ;D, for pple who played initial d special stage anyone kno what the 3rd one is its hachiroku then project d i think and then whats the last one?

What do you mean the "3rd one"? Are you talking about Arcade Stage Ver.3 or something within Special Stage?

Anyway, I am actually getting my PS2 modded later this month, Special Stage is the first game I plan on buying... and yeah, I don't think I'll ever get a steering wheel, as good as they are as an idea, I don't think they really are good enough to be worth it... but maybe if I try one out at some point and like it. Too bad I don't know anyone with one in my area. ^^;;

Oh, and I finally finished up NFSU last night... good stuff. Now I can buy the new one. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 03:13:31 PM by Judau »

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 10:04:52 PM »
theres like 3 story modes the first is 86 and then the second is project d , i want to know what the 3rd story is because u need to beat those to be able to do the 3rd story and my friend whos far in it is only on the project d story thing

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 10:26:28 PM »
theres like 3 story modes the first is 86 and then the second is project d , i want to know what the 3rd story is because u need to beat those to be able to do the 3rd story and my friend whos far in it is only on the project d story thing

Ahhh, ok, that makes sense. Anyway, according to a story FAQ I just went through, the first part is that of Takumi. Second part is refering to the RedSun's Fastest in Kanto Project. Then the third part is Project D. This completely makes sense for where the manga was at the time of the games release a little while ago... so it looks like your friend did not even notice the shift from the first to the second part... and is actually on the last piece of the game. That or somehow he unlocked the 3rd part before the 2nd? Although that does not exactly sound right. <<

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 11:50:37 PM »
I'm really looking forward to Midnight Club 3, MC2 was a brilliant game and the addition of liscensed cars and the ability to modify them quells any misgivings I might have had about MC2.  As much as I loved the ability to customize your car in NFSU, the tracks were rather boring and very similar, the handling was terrible, and the small selection of cars was disappointing.  Also, I'd like to see more color schemes and more performance options and less decals.  It's pretty useless have 7 slots on each door to put brand decals, especially when most are rather plain looking.  Hopefully the tracks and handling will be better in the sequel, but MC2 really has it beat when it comes to a fundamental racing experience.  I'm looking forward to GT4 as well and I plan on buying the racing wheel that comes with it, that you can rotate the wheel 2.5 times is almost reason enough on its own.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 10:18:43 AM »
I'm really looking forward to Midnight Club 3, MC2 was a brilliant game and the addition of liscensed cars and the ability to modify them quells any misgivings I might have had about MC2.  As much as I loved the ability to customize your car in NFSU, the tracks were rather boring and very similar, the handling was terrible, and the small selection of cars was disappointing.  Also, I'd like to see more color schemes and more performance options and less decals.  It's pretty useless have 7 slots on each door to put brand decals, especially when most are rather plain looking.  Hopefully the tracks and handling will be better in the sequel, but MC2 really has it beat when it comes to a fundamental racing experience.  I'm looking forward to GT4 as well and I plan on buying the racing wheel that comes with it, that you can rotate the wheel 2.5 times is almost reason enough on its own.

True that NFSU did not have the number of cars it should have, and their were certain color/vinyl issues I did not like... but over all I thought the handling was pretty good. Not as realistic as GT3, more realistic than MC2, just kind of a happy medium. I mean, take SRS, a kind of NFSU rip off. Check out that handling in that game and make sure you have a barf bag next to you, its that bad. However, NFSU2 looks great... it seems to have more cars for one at the very least. Hopefully they fixed some "issues" along the way. True I did not have even close to the amount of fun I did with MC2, but the design of the game is just so different. MC2 is just not rivaled in its racing style, others try, like SRS and Tokyo Xtreme Racer, by having a whole city as your playground, but they just suck in comparison. NFSU was never supposed to be like MC2, just your normal racing game with pretty backgrounds and a different breed of cars and options to choose from. Plus, adding in drag racing and drifting (in my opinion the best part of the game, by far, just simply fun to the max, and the only reply value it will have with me) was a good idea, it really varies what you do in the game rather than just normal lap style races.

So I am definitely looking toward getting both NFSU2 and MC3.... and GT4. ^^;;

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 06:59:08 PM »
Judau, by poor handling I meant that the handling lacks any sublety.  It was a good thing that none of the courses required any skill to navigate because it was impossible to make minor steering adjustments without the car jumping out of your line and screwing your speed.  MC2 was very arcadey, but there was much more depth and substance to the handling.  With NSFU it was like there was this deadzone in the steering response and once you left the deadzone the game tried to instantly compensate for the presence of the deadzone.  That's why the handling sucked.  And as for SRS, I knew better, I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot clown pole.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

anything