Author Topic: why do you go to see certain movies?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
why do you go to see certain movies?
« on: November 08, 2004, 10:56:07 PM »
i know what the common answer will be, but i was just curious...

like sometimes i'll see a movie just because an actor i like is in it (in which case i'd probably rent it). or it's by a director i like. or because it's an animated movie and i like to oggle at animation, hehe (i'm such an art nerd sometimes... except not.)

but usually i see a movie if the story interests me... like most people probably do.

n stuff.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Naruto, Cowboy bebop, Initial d!!
    • www.freewebs.com/rockstar_98
Re: why do you go to see certain movies?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 11:00:58 PM »
i usually see movies becuase it looks good lol, and if its scary like the grudge, if its a car movie i have to see like fast and the furious and the 2nd and stuff
if i see fun movies like monsters inc and finding nemo and stuff its usually cuz im with a girl
D:\Documents and Settings\Akira M\My Documents\My Pictures\rockstar.jpg
MetallicA rocks   .../ My fav. Naruto, Initial d , Cowboy bebop, ichigo 100%, ruroni kenshin, death

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 03:27:50 PM »
I usually see science fiction movies in theaters because well... I like sci-fi. :P I like car movies, even though 99% of the ones in America are just the typical "teenage movies" with girls, crappy music, and stupid themes and plots (I still like Fast and the Furious, but its almost all because of the cars). I also like the classics, so I see certain remakes when I can. So for instance, I saw movies like the Matrix, Freddy vs Jason, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Ridick, Kill Bill, and the like in the last few years (being my favorites). However, I see my fair share of "random" movies if you will, just because my best friend Rufus likes to see a lot of movies. ^^;; So we end up seeing all kinds of movies in the summer when we are both around. But definitely my main reason: Sci-fi is obviously the best to see on the big screen. Its made to be big, sound big, and be pretty to all hell. Sure I see comedies in theaters, but that is usually just because I want to see it and I don't feel like waiting. Where as I run to the theater to see a sci-fi movie, partially because I want to see the film, partially because it will never be as good ever again if I just wait for the DVD.

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 01:35:11 AM »
Well, in the upcoming movie "Closer", Natalie Portman was supposed to have a full-frontal nude scene, which is why I was going to see that, but they removed it, so, nevermind.

I like weird stuff. Not too weird, I still want to be able to understand it... but, really original, and different. Like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I know a lot of people didn't get it, but, if you can understand it, it's really an amazing movie.
And a lot of times, just the actors playing in them. If John Cusak is in a movie, I'm damn sure going to see it.

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 05:08:33 PM »
i like weird stuff too. yes eternal sunshine is one of my favorite movies... i totally understood it the first time i saw it (went with my mom, who didn't get it til it was almost over...) that movie is just amazing all over.

hehe suddenly flcl comes to mind... with the "weird" hard-to-understand stuff. whoo.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Cherry

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 02:20:56 PM »
1) intresting storyline
2)previews were good
3)good actors and actresses
4)just for fun
5)and the fact that im a movie freak

and about the same stuff the ppl ahead of me said. i dont feel like re-writing it  ^_^'

Offline Sin

• Seriously Addicted
  • Give me a light...
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 04:13:10 PM »
I got cause normally I have heard something good about it and I have liked the previews. If the movie is based off a book that I have read I'd like to compare it to the book.

anything