Author Topic: Gundam Wing  (Read 7254 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Re: Gundam Wing
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 11:51:33 PM »

And plus, Heero's and Duo's gundams were kick butt. woo woo!

Indeed, Wing Gundam and Deathsythe are 2 of my favorite AU mechs.

Offline AniMangaBaka

• #1 Baka
  • Clean
  • ....do you wanna fight?!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 08:34:30 PM »
O.O My overall favorite character was Duo Maxwell. Mainly i loved Deathscythe, DS Hell, and DS Hell Custom. (yeah there is a difference). DS Hell looks really pimping with the cloak and all. Hell Custom is just O.O beautiful...no other words for it.

Here are the rankings for the rest
2. Wufei
3. Trowa
4. Heero
5. Quatra

Wufei was just an overall awesome dude, Asian heritage (which i can relate to), good fighting, decent gundam.

Trowa is a monster, agile, swift, and long-range, sounds like me  ;). Gundam was semi-decent, but after running after bullets it would be dead. If you gave Trowa a normal beam saber, and and a normal plasma gun, then Trowa could easily defeat Wing Gundam without his dual cannons.

Heero is a rather decent characters, but shows very little human emotion except for Relina Peacecraft. Very little to relate to, and therefore not a good character, but an exceptionally cool character, added with the gundams of course  :o

Quatra......not much to say except that he was a pansy, and would've died without the help of his Arabian ? ( i forget) ? buddies.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 08:08:43 AM »
I don't quite agree with you. I think that one of the best protagonist of the wing series is Zechs Marquise alias Milliardo Peacecraft. As for the others i quite agree with you putting Quatre last and Heero the 4th of the five gundam pilots. The reasons are almost the same and quatre is just a freakin wuss who's always talking that they shouldn't fight and always saying sorry and stuff, he's a wuss.
However, I'd put Trowa before Wufei because Trowa's history is so more intense in a way. However I disliked the end of the series because there wasn't enough character exploration and ending.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 04:16:59 PM »
I wish they made Heero and Relena's relationship more obvious.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 07:52:10 PM »
Well in a way they couldnt have. Its the only way they could really do it... In the Endless waltz Ova there was a little more emotion and hugging, however I dont think they could have explored that in any way.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 12:07:22 AM »
I wish they made Heero and Relena's relationship more obvious.

Wasn't all of the threatening good enough for you?! I thought it made for a good laugh. Heero would have been a far better character if they didn't turn the 5 characters into the "G-boys" forever running toward yaoi hell. I'll never forget how great his laugh was in the first episode, when he was still a complete badass... both dub and sub, actually.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 07:11:20 AM »
Oh I know what you mean! I loved that laugh it was so awesome, fearless and cruel! Anyways, Heero was quite the phenomenon in the early stages of the anime. What do you mean G-boys?

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2005, 11:34:11 AM »
The G-boys were like a freakin boy band of Gundam.  They had the lead, the sensative one, the tough one, the funny/carefree one, and the lesser known quite one.  And I agree Heero would have been a more interesting anti-heroish character when he was like "I work alone and kill all those who gets in my way" in the start.  But then he had to developed emotions...blah.  Just a note, I didn't hate Wing and did find it entertaining.  I liked the mechs themes that they did.  Heavy Arms was just cool, even though all it takes is one hit to any of the missle sections to set off a chain explosion...but still, the gattling gun and barrage of missles...awsome :P

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »
Yeah, I loved Wing too... and I still like the series... I like the MS, some of the characters, the music... its a good series. Its just rough dealing with a lot of the fan base, and how many people have only seen Wing and have not seen the bright side (or dark, really :-\) of the Gundam universe...

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2005, 08:42:54 PM »
Gundam Wing was awesome. The story was really good, I mean common look at my signature (actually read it). And I loved the music, I have all of the songs in mp3. I must say its my favourite anime... I just don<t know why but I love it.

Offline sate

• The Caged Bird
  • Clean
  • whats up with that smirk!!!
    • www.yahoo.com
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 12:45:34 AM »
the char. i like most is Zechs Marquix or Milliardo Piececraft
because his cool and his lucky to have a girl like Miss Noin (correct me if my spelling is wrong)
and with talgeese3 on his side THEY DEFINITELY KICKS ASS!!!!

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 01:24:48 PM »
Am I the only one who finds Wing Zero a bit... too much? I mean, if it's so powerful, why not just leave it at that and not have any other Gundams? Shouldn't it be able to blow away anything in it's path? I just find it too... Too. I mean, seriously... The only thing it's got going for it is the Twin Buster Rifle and it's OS...

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
Am I the only one who finds Wing Zero a bit... too much? I mean, if it's so powerful, why not just leave it at that and not have any other Gundams? Shouldn't it be able to blow away anything in it's path? I just find it too... Too. I mean, seriously... The only thing it's got going for it is the Twin Buster Rifle and it's OS...

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Compared to other Gundams, I feel it is not THAT far ahead... for one thing, Epyon is basically just as strong. And in EW, WZC is basically equal to even Altron, so I figure all of the Gundams and Tallgeese III are at about the same level (so I feel EW is more realistic and better in that aspect... also, they get their asses handed to them because of pure numbers... again, awesome).

However, in the series, they did describe as being the prototype design for all 5 Gundams... so in general, yeah, it should be far better than the others. the Zero system goes a long way, as it helps the pilot significantly... so that is a huge plus to the Wing Zero and Epyon.

Offline anime-master

• Clean
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »
My Favourite pilot would have to be Duo
~ANIME~

anything