Author Topic: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)  (Read 97663 times)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2004, 11:25:06 PM »
Indeed, the future of this series is looking great. :) I just watched episode 4... some really awesome space fighting in this episode. Rey is awesome, complete Newtype rip off, but that's why he is so awesome. ^^;; I'm really starting to like his white Zaku a lot. Yup... guess that's it for now. :)

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 08:54:53 PM »
Indeed, the future of this series is looking great. :) I just watched episode 4... some really awesome space fighting in this episode. Rey is awesome, complete Newtype rip off, but that's why he is so awesome. ^^;; I'm really starting to like his white Zaku a lot. Yup... guess that's it for now. :)

Agreed. Rey is one of my favorite characters, especially after the superb fighting skills he exhibited in this episode. All in all it was a great episode, and it's good to see that Arthrun will be joining the action soon. That's all I have to say really, but only a few more days until episode 5. ^^;

Offline aznkaliko623

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2004, 12:46:33 PM »
just saw ep 5, and man i'm starting to dislike shin even more now, all he is, is me me me.  Look at what happened to me. 

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2004, 05:23:41 PM »
looks like they're doing the whole "crash the giant object from space to avenge everyone" again.  As for Shin, it's typical for a character like that to be about himself, besides he did loose his family in one fell swoop...that will cause emotional scars for any character.  As for this episode, I thought I would get to see Savior if not for a little bit, but I guess it's too soon.  Though I did thought it was funny that there is already a scene in this episode that would never make it to air on US tv. 

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
  • Nothing will change without will to take action
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2004, 06:56:16 PM »
As for Shin, it's typical for a character like that to be about himself, besides he did loose his family in one fell swoop...that will cause emotional scars for any character.
Who's blast was it that killed Shin's family? Freedom's or Calamity's?

As for this episode, I thought I would get to see Savior if not for a little bit, but I guess it's too soon.
I was so hopeing to see Arthrun in action with Savior... but eh... he's still gonna fight.
You can tell episode 6 is gonna be great!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2004, 02:20:35 AM »
Eh, I don't dislike Shin at all, if anything, he is even less self-centered than Amuro and Judau this early. And I liked both of them... he'll probably learn fairly soon that Cagalli is not at fault and she is going through almost exactly what he is. I have a feeling he'll be a damn good character as things progress... and I can't wait to see Asuran in battle again, 6 is going to rock. With Isaac too... awesomeness.

And yeah, the whole "drop big thing on to earth" is cliche for Gundam, but Gundam is not the same without it. If they did not do that, it would fall poor in comparison to the situations of past series... and it would not fit the base plot needed to be a good Gundam series. The moments before something drops, or right after if accomplished are often the most emotional parts of Gundam series... although I doubt this one will be a huge deal if they stop it. If it falls though... it shall be interesting indeed.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2004, 03:51:59 AM »
Since it's still only the beginning of the series, they might make it intresting by making it so the piolits destroy most of the "giant object" and let a bit crash on Earth.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 03:53:51 AM by Tenchido »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2004, 05:48:44 AM »
Since it's still only the beginning of the series, they might make it intresting by making it so the piolits destroy most of the "giant object" and let a bit crash on Earth.

Yeah, I would not doubt it, its happened plenty before. Still enough to cause some destruction, but nothing that will wipe out the planet...

I'm more interested in this 3rd force conducting the operation, it shall get interesting. :)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »
episode 6 is awsome.  lots of action.  you know who is back, and it looks like the fun is about to start.  can't wait till next week.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »
The reappearance of Kira Yamato! Awsome episode. It looks like Arthrun still hasn't lost his touch with a mobile suit.

What will happen in episode 7? It looks like the destruction of the earth! dun dun dunnnn!!! Will Kira Yamato once again pilot Gundam Freedom?! Find out next time on Gundam Seed Destiny!!!

Offline AngelBrat

• Clean
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2004, 06:18:09 PM »
ey, anyone know were can i get a http download for GS destiny???

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2004, 08:10:41 PM »
I don't think there is one... but don't take my word for it since I'm not sure...

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2004, 01:57:53 PM »
Ep 8 was good.  So much tension.  The ending scene was awsome...a perfect foreshadow of what's to come.  Just one thing that bugged me, did Bartfield have two arms?  Artificial I'm hoping or else they messed up and forgot about it.  I was hoping they would reveal a little more on the fake Lacus, but I guess it's coming up.  So only two things are missing from what was shown in the intro, Milly and Savior Gundam...oh and Freedom but we know it's there somewhere.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2004, 04:29:14 AM »
Well... in my opinion it was am okay for an episode without any action... and Bartfield had 2 arms until he lost 1 in the battle aginst Strike and Kira.

The way Shin look at ending... does that mean he maybe knows about Kira, Freedom and how he killed Shin's family?

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2004, 08:09:35 AM »
No, what I meant was Bartfield had two arms in ep 8 instead of one.  And I thought that Shin might have known about Kira, then again he was standing at the site where he lost his family so that might explain the look he had too.  Is it just me or did they made Kira into this Cloud-esque character?  He's quiet and wears all black...typical hero with a sad past look.  I rather like his new character so far.  (I got tired of him crying all the time)