Author Topic: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)  (Read 97425 times)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 04:34:03 PM »
Well first about Freedom.  It was nearly destroyed in the first series so I take it that it got repaired and Kira took it with him.  After all, it goes against the peace treaty to have it due to it's nuclear power.  Though it may be close, I still wanna say that Freedom can beat Impulse...just blast the thing while it's assembling.  I wonder though, if Kira is too survive in this series, what new model will he get?  Liberty Gundam...no wait Constitutional Gundam :P Next, Athrun uses the alias name mainly because he desserted Zaft.  I hope the masked guy doesn't turn out to be another clone.  I don't think it's Mu though...I mean even if he survived the explosion, he was in space...so unless he survived with the space suit on, I don't think it's him.  But then again Char did just that.

And about the licensed.  I don't think this will be licensed anytime soon.  Gundam Seed (along with most of the shows on toonami now) is somewhat flopping here in the US thanks to it's time schedule.  Then again I could be wrong.  Here's hoping we get a steady amount of Destiny till the end.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 06:39:28 PM »
First off, I am not going to get into the whole "who survived" and "who is a clone" deal yet, I'm sure there will be some good answers fairly soon... but I cannot say these characters all certainly have a resembalance. And while Steller is a Four type character, she falls completely short to the real thing. ;) It was pretty cool when she froze while in battle, however. Also, I'd like to say I really like the high amount of action thrown in with the pretty intense plot (for the beginning anyway), I think the mixture is quite good, lets hope they keep it up. I also really liked the second episode, quite entertaining. Oh, and about the Zaku "growling", I think its just movement, like it was a little more rugged than the Gundams and Jins, so it kinda made a funky sound when it was moved faster than it should be moved (there's Athrun for you).

Oh, and I agree, Impulse is fucking awesome.... not sure how it would hold up against Freedom, though.

I find having a "Chest Flyer, Leg Flyer, and Core Splendor" seperate for the Impulse Gundam kinda stupid... There's the chance of them being shot down and Shinn would be screwed.

Eh, that's just a tribute to 0079, ZZ, and 0083. Plus, its better than having to go and dock just to get a jet pack... I mean, you randomly need stuff when you are battling in different settings during a single battle. I think it makes complete sense to put that aspect in.

Say, what do you guys use to watch the Gundam Seed Destiny Episodes? I use VLC but it frigging lags like hell.

VLC is fine for me, chances are its not the player, but your computer. Make sure you have all of the normal codecs too... close everything else if you need to. I have been getting AonE's subs.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 05:14:28 PM »
Stupid earthquake...it had to be during the show didn't it!  So much for ep 3 this week. Anyway, I was reading a comment by someone of another forum saying something about a fake Lacuss.  I thought it was just a joke at first, but when I looked at the part he was talking about, it might have some valid.  In the intro where Athrun is next to "Lacus" with Cagalli and the other girl holding guns.  That "Lacus" looks different!  Her hair, face and even the yellow hair thing is different.  So I wonder, is just the drawing, or is that really a diiferent girl?  So I checked, and there is a rumor going around about a fake Lacus.  Another twist to the series.  I just hope they don't do it like some crazed girl stalking type story.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 05:23:51 PM by shinaku »

Offline aznkaliko623

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »
personally i think kira would win in freedom againt shin's impulse.  Kira is a "seed" or whatever.  it seems like shin is a natural to me, so far at least (u never no).  Also i think the freedom and justice are the most superior mobile suits created so far in seed (especially w/ athrun and kira piloting).  i do think kira is going to fight against shin at some point, but i dont think they'll kill off kira.  I think a lot of ppl would be dissappointed if kira was killed.  I mean he is a pacifist after all, and caused shin's family to die unintentionally of course.  Another question what is the real spelling for athrun???

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 08:06:26 PM »
Another question what is the real spelling for athrun???

アズラン ;D
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline aznkaliko623

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 12:55:32 AM »
so azuran huh (based on katakana).  i no the katakana and japanese spelling of it, but just curious on how it really is spelled not in nihongo, but in eigo.  in the anime it really sounds like asuran to me though.  hm... o well.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 09:44:58 AM »
Shin is a coordinator, but he was living in Orb.  And about the Seed, I don't think that holds valid anymore.  I mean in the end of Seed, everybody was going into seed mode...Kira, Athrun, Cagali, and even Lacus.  And about the suit superiority, the new models were designed (it seems) to incorporate the weapons from the last batch.  The Blast Impulse is pretty much Freedom, and the other suits seems to have the same fire power as Raider, Forbidden, and Calamity.  Though my pick is still Freedom.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2004, 12:26:39 PM »
And while Steller is a Four type character, she falls completely short to the real thing.   :)

You're right, I doubt any character will ever compare to Four, god rest her fictional soul. ;_;

I take back the Mu surviving thing, I remembered that you saw his helmet  (severed head?) amongst Strike's debris so unless bandai made up some absurd magic powers he's dead. I also agree with judau now, why speculate this early..just enjoy the show. ^^

I'm not angry about the interruption caused by the earthquake, since people died and others lost their homes it's not right to whine about a week delay in watching an episode of a television show.  >_>; With the 3rd episode airing tonight the fan sub is only a stone's throw away, I'm ecstatic.  :)

Offline aznkaliko623

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 12:08:11 PM »
most of u probably know but ep3 was released today by Aone and Akingdom.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 04:34:40 PM »
yeah you're right, the earthquake did more damage to the people...just wasn't thinking at the time.  But at least ep 3 came out today.  It's moving the story along and showed Blast Impulse.  I'll let others watch it first before making comments. 

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2004, 07:20:36 PM »
Yeah I saw it earlier, I won't say anything other than that I hate hearing the term "Zaku" used outside of a UC series. >_<

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 08:11:58 PM »
I thought the episode was good, pretty much no actual action, but further introductions to some of the new characters (including the ship)... a much needed episode for a beginning of a series. The next episode will probably have some good space battles... good to look forward to. ^_^

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2004, 04:57:10 AM »
So far, despite some obvious borrowed ideas, this series is really looking to be very original. A main problem I noticed with the first series was that it relied too much on poorly done character development rather than moving the story along. Destiny seems to fix this problem, as IMO the story is flowing quite nicely so far.

A few things I liked were Shinn's line towards Cagalli's family, the strange regeneration chambers the Gundam pilots used, and I thought that the Chairman revealing "Alex Dino's" identity mixed with the ending theme beginning in the backround was a good way to end the episode(though maybe a little cliched).

Oh and I learned that in December, one Saturday they will air 2 episodes back to back. Perhaps it's a "Christmas gift" to the fans to make up for the week delay of the third episode. But it's also likely they are doing this so the series still ends the same day it was originally intended(that being late Sept.-early Oct. next year), rather than end one week late, as I'm sure another series will want that time slot. Well w/e the reason...it sure is a nice treat. ^^
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 06:29:46 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2004, 07:30:23 PM »
Ep 4 was good.  A lot of action.  And about the Zaku growling...I think they actually do!  At least the Phantom Zaku anyway.  Without giving anything away, are they planning to do what I think they're planning to do at the end?  How many times has that happened in a gundam series?  Also I was thinking, based on the previous series, that anything that is hinted in the intro will probably happen by ep 13.  Since they change the intro every 13 episodes, and the hints in the intros happens before then, I'm just guessing that all the characters will make an appearence by then.  Yzak and Dearka will appear soon and I'm guessing Savior Gundam will be shown soon.  That just leaves the fake Lacus and the return of Freedom Gundam (oh and Kira too I guess :P)

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 05:14:09 PM »
I downloaded it today, I'll watch it later tonight however. Well whatever that Zaku's are doing, it's pretty cool. But don't forget that theme songs aren't always relevant to the way the series will turn out. Amuro appears in the ZZ theme but I know that he never appears once the entire series. And originally in the eye catcher for Seed, it showed Arthrun and Lacus but they later replaced Arthrun with Kira. There are more examples, but those are just a few.

But you are right, most of those characters will most likely appear by then, and I can't wait to see the Saviour Gundam with Arthrun piloting again. ^^

anything