Author Topic: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)  (Read 97651 times)

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
  • Nothing will change without will to take action
Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« on: October 14, 2004, 08:29:50 AM »
I'm having problems with the Gundam Seed Destiny. I download every Gundam Seed Destiny that's been subbed, it doesn't work... Do I need to like install something extra like a new version of Direct X or something etc...?
Anybody else have this problem too or fixed it?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 07:12:16 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Bishoujomae

• Clean
  • What!?
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 10:25:11 AM »
ur video files might be xvid or acc3 (something like that) you will need more codecs for those files try downloading VLC player at www.videolan.org i think or just seach for it that player had pretty much all the codecs you need for any files

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 01:10:31 PM »
Thanks it's working now, but is there a way to play it on windows media player? It's really laggy.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 07:42:32 PM »
Lagging in Anime videos is rather common, (if you mean the same thing I'm thinking of) if the sound gets ahead of the video try either pausing it for a few seconds or rewinding very slightly. Codecs for WMP are rare so you most likely can't watch it on there, I use DivX player because it can play most(if not all)formats and is very high quality.

I saw the first episode of Seed Destiny a few nights ago, too early to make opinions but it appears to be off to a good start. What happened to Shin Asuka is almost a copy of what happened to Kamile Vidan(why am I not surprised x_x) at the start of Z Gundam, but this was much more gruesome and I was very shocked by the gore they displayed. I'm really not too crazy about the mecha designs though, especially the stupid Zaku wannabes... >_< But here's hoping that it surpasses it's predecessor, bandai put all the money I give to your company to good use.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 08:17:28 PM »
The lag is kinda like the lag from games where everything freezes for like .5 seconds and continues. I just updated my DivX but it still won't run it, only VLC works the best so far, except the lag.

I must agree on gruesomeness at the start... I think the new models are pretty much improved remakes of the old models of the Sword Calamity, Deep Forbidden, Raider and the Justice or Aegis Gundam. Well than again... this a sequel to Gundam Seed but oh well.

What part does Kira and Lacus play in the Destiny series?

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 08:59:47 PM »
The lag is kinda like the lag from games where everything freezes for like .5 seconds and continues. I just updated my DivX but it still won't run it, only VLC works the best so far, except the lag.

I must agree on gruesomeness at the start... I think the new models are pretty much improved remakes of the old models of the Sword Calamity, Deep Forbidden, Raider and the Justice or Aegis Gundam. Well than again... this a sequel to Gundam Seed but oh well.

What part does Kira and Lacus play in the Destiny series?

Well it's too early to make any assumptions at all, and just because they were in the theme song doesn't mean they will appear in the series(as has been the case with past Gundam series). But it would be nice if they showed up at some point, because I'm curious where they went after the war.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 09:40:27 PM »
Well, I just watched the first episode, and I have to say, I enjoyed myself. I really need to watch SEED again, since its been a while, but I surely remembered plenty to know what was going on. And indeed we called it correctly, definitely will be following a Zeta Gundam type plot. But damn did they kill his family off faster than Camille's... haha. Also, Camille was already part of the military, Shin joined BECAUSE his family got killed. Also, obvious certain changes with the MS. Besides the overwhelming amount of Zeon-esque suits, the Gundams all seem to have a little more Gundam Wing and 0083 style to them. Also the transformation scene was obviously reminisent of some kind of merging between the Bird mode of Wing Gundam and the transformation of ZZ Gundam, Along with a little RX-78-2. Very nice indeed. Of course, like Kyle said, we cannot judge to early, especially with a Gundam series, it will take a good number of episodes to get the hang of the new feeling, new characters, and new Gundams. Lets just hope its not great until the end, where they flop it or something. >_<

On a side note, I love that Asuran was wearing shades much like Char... they are really mixing up all of the different classic moments of UC, Wing, and X and merging them all together, which I find really cool when you can actually pinpoint where every design and thought came to being. I'll have fun watching Destiny. ^_^

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 10:45:28 AM »
Speaking of Char, Chairman Gilbert Dullindal is the same voice as him(the talented Shuuichi Ikeda)and I haven't gotten used to hearing Char's voice coming out of a new character's mouth yet and it was quite weird.. ^^; But it is a nice treat bringing a classic voice back to Gundam, so it's a mixed blessing.

Another thing worth of mention, the fact that Shin is appointed the Gundam's pilot prior to the begginning of the series is a very nice change from the usual "lucky youth fatefully stumbles on a Gundam" scenario that has been used so much throughout Gundam history(MAHQ pointed this out).

(On a side note)I'm stickying this thread, so it will be the official Gundam Seed Destiny discussion thread to be used throughout it's airing in Japan. This could quite possibly(hopefully) make our little forum more active since we'll have a new episode to discuss every week.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 11:46:01 AM »
Wow... didn't expect this to happen to this thread... I just posted it to see if anybody could be of help, but eh this is better and I would post something else about the series... but I haven't seen many Gundam series yet...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 09:13:42 PM »
heh, Well since this thread's topic changed into a discussion about the first episode, I just turned this into the sticky rather than create a whole new thread. So if anyone has something Seed Destiny related to post please try to post in here rather than make a new thread.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 09:50:55 AM »
Seeing the episode after waiting for so long, I got to say that I really liked it.  The Matrix style shoot out scene was a little over the top but it did looked cool.  Judging from the first series, the intro usually gives a clue to what will happen, so I'm sure Kira will have to fight Shin at some point or another.  I wouldn't be too surprised (though I hope that it doesn't happen) if Kira is killed during that battle, thus making Shin rethink his role while Athran, Cagali, and Lacuss deal with Kira's death...blah blah blah.  Just a thought even though I know that Freedom can beat the Impulse anyday day of the week :P  Though I don't remember any Gundam series which the (former) main character is killed except for Char's Counter Attack.  Anyway, about the mech design...I don't really like them as much.  Gaia was cool, but the Abyss...  The Zakus seems out of place in this series, especailly after the last series.  You would think they would mass produce something similar to the Astrays.  Still...can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 04:32:32 AM »
heh, It does make sense that Kira could die, theres a lot of speculation on other Gundam forums as well. While it would be sad, it'd be a great way for bandai to do something original(for a change). I actually like Gaia(might actually get the kit when something past the shitty LG is released), but not Abyss or Chaos all that much. And is it me...or do the Zaku Warriors make a growling sound(might have to see second episode).....o_o

Well I've just seen the second episode, and I must say I am really impressed. MAHQ even gave it a 4 out of 5 rating, it took Seed I think 20 episodes to ever even get a single 4 rating...here we are treated to one in the second episode! A sign of good things to come perhaps?(Heres hoping) I won't say anymore, don't want to spoil it. When more of you guys have seen it we can discuss more.

(Note:(off subject) It seems the spell check feature is gone, perhaps not enough people used it*looks at stupid posts...yep*so cgoten pulled the plug...BTW if this is old news feel free to flame, I only go to the Gundam forum so I have no clue what goes on around here)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 04:33:53 AM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 07:57:09 AM »
Yeah the second episdoe pretty much jumps you right into the action.  A fast start for Gundam series.  Oh, I might also have to retract the last comments about Impulse not being able to beat Freedom.  After seeing the new units in action, they're surprisingly strong for the first set in the series.  The upgrades (oh yes they'll be upgrades for sure) will probably be a little over the top like Wing Zero's Buster Riffle.  The Abyss and Chaos is still ugly to me, especially in their transformed state.  I'm really curious to see the rest now...good thing there's like 5 groups doing the subs.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 07:11:43 PM »
  I'm really curious to see the rest now...good thing there's like 5 groups doing the subs.

Let's just hope Seed Destiny isn't liscensed while it is airing in Japan, like Seed was. When that happened to Seed the fan subs were scarce for a while(most irritating I might add...). But judging by that Seed really didn't do what Bandai intended by putting it on CN, I doubt they will jump at the chance to liscense the sequel. Maybe istead of trying to appeal to a young target audience with AU series, they should just concentrate on wrapping up UC to please to more mature fans with pay checks(Well not like I care about domestic releases...I'm fine with bootlegs ^^;).

Anyway back on topic, as it would seem we are treated to yet another masked antagonist(Char must be turning over in his Sazabi pod). His name is Neo Lorrnoke, and while he resembles Rau Le Creuset he has the same seiyuu as Mu La Flaga. Now Rau Le Creuset was a clone of Mu La Flaga's father, so I'd imagine they have striking resemblences(never actually saw Rau's face). Is this man another clone or has Mu La Flaga somehow survived Char Aznable style? Hell, if Andrew Waltfeld can survive when his LaGOWE's cockpit clearly exploded(he originally wasn't intended to survive, so thats why it made little sense), then Mu could have somehow survived as well.

Also, the character Rey Za Burrel had a "newtype" reaction to Neo, it can also be noted that Rey looks like Rau(MAHQ seems to think so). What could this meen? And something to add, the character Stellar Loussier is a lot like Four Murasame with her strange reaction to the notion of death, another sign of Zeta influences?

This is all pretty good stuff, I'm really excited for the rest of the series.  :)

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 12:48:04 PM »
Wow... Episode 02 was intense! Great fight scenes. Impulse really does seem much more powerful than Freedom. BTW what happened to Freedom anyway...?

I find having a "Chest Flyer, Leg Flyer, and Core Splendor" seperate for the Impulse Gundam kinda stupid... There's the chance of them being shot down and Shinn would be screwed.

Also, why does Athrun use the name Alex Denon as his? (other than the fact that he was previously in Zaft)

Say, what do you guys use to watch the Gundam Seed Destiny Episodes? I use VLC but it frigging lags like hell.

anything