Author Topic: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)  (Read 97434 times)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« Reply #465 on: October 06, 2005, 08:37:21 PM »
As for SD Gundam Force, if it can't fit into Turn A's Gundam universe, I don't think it actually counts as Gundam (much like old school SD Gundam (but at least that was funny)).

Super Deformed Gundam was never supposed to be an actual series though, its kind of like the Evolve episodes if anything... just something extra for the fans.

Offline Odd

• Psychic for Hire
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Humor Is the spice of life!
« Reply #466 on: December 16, 2005, 04:10:12 PM »
i've found that gundam wing and it's movie "endless Waltz" were my absolute favs. the art was just so much more better.
Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #467 on: January 11, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »
i've found that gundam wing and it's movie "endless Waltz" were my absolute favs. the art was just so much more better.

Really? O_o What other Gundam series have you seen?

Offline anime-master

• Clean
« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »
Yeah the Gundam Wing Series and Gundam Wing Endless WaltZ was amazing.
~ANIME~

Offline Dragoon

• One Winged Angel
  • Clean
  • Semper Fidelus
« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2006, 11:45:40 PM »
Loved Endless Waltz

anyways Destiny was completley off for me everything was massively overpowered

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »
What do you mean overpowered?

I thought GSD was alright, the story could've been better at the end. I'd watch this series again.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2006, 06:29:30 AM »
I'd watch this series again.

How could you bare it again?!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #472 on: March 17, 2006, 08:43:20 PM »
Because there are some points I did enjoy.

I just watched it dubbed version...I am not impressed. They butchered every voice except for two and the original characters. My recommendation is if you want to watch GSD again, watch it in japanese.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Feathehrbling

• Clean
« Reply #473 on: March 28, 2006, 07:46:53 AM »
Meh, the whole 50 eposide of gundam and most of the eposide are talking and about flashback

I have compress some video and upload onto some website, if you want pm me and i give you

Btw compress will make you lost a bit graphic but you can watch the video smoother and smaller file

~Featherbling

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #474 on: March 29, 2006, 04:35:58 PM »
What do you mean overpowered?

He means it's power is absurd and ridiculous and any other MS(thats not a Gundam piloted by a main character) is reduced to pure cannon fodder when pitted against it. I.E. Wing Zero

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #475 on: March 29, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
Well they can't be compared to the other MSuits because of the time difference and because they will never actually compete. As for overpower that is also not true. It comes down to the talents of the pilot. If I jumped into a overpowered MS now and tried to fight against an experienced and talented MS pilot in a weaker MS, I can safely say I would lose. It just seems like the Freedom and Justice are overpowered because of the enemies they faced.

One more thing as far as machines like the Freedom and Justice, no one had something like that until the end of GS. No one knew how to build one. So the ones they did build would seem weaker in comparision due to the fact that they are still learning. (Plus you can't have the main characters seem weak when they are suppose to be the heroes lol)

Offline blade25

• Clean
« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2006, 06:24:52 PM »
I feel that something is not right in the last episode ( eps 50 ) cause it seems that no Main Character or Sub Character died in the EAF side ( Earth Alliance Force) and in Gundam seed in the last episode Mu la Flaga (sry dont know the spelling), Flaye, the 3 pilots of Strike rouge, and some more i know that i cant compare but y????? (can anyone answer)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #477 on: April 07, 2006, 12:34:00 AM »
Well they can't be compared to the other MSuits because of the time difference and because they will never actually compete. As for overpower that is also not true. It comes down to the talents of the pilot. If I jumped into a overpowered MS now and tried to fight against an experienced and talented MS pilot in a weaker MS, I can safely say I would lose. It just seems like the Freedom and Justice are overpowered because of the enemies they faced.

One more thing as far as machines like the Freedom and Justice, no one had something like that until the end of GS. No one knew how to build one. So the ones they did build would seem weaker in comparision due to the fact that they are still learning. (Plus you can't have the main characters seem weak when they are suppose to be the heroes lol)

There's a lot I disagree with that... what do you mean they can't be compared to other MS because of the "time difference"? Some of the MS made in Destiny were newer than some of the Gundams used in Destiny. And it is most certainly true that they were overpowered. Now, while it's still perfectly fine to enjoy the Gundam series which put Gundams on a God-status (Wing, SEED, Destiny), they ARE overpowered. They almost never get a scratch on them... and if they lose a limb or blow up, the only possibility is another Gundam did it. And even then, the only reason for this to happen in the series is strictly because that Gundam is getting too "boring" (although in Destiny, there were many which barely got any actual ACTION), but mostly because Bandai wants to sell more model kits and in order to do that, the main character needs a new ride.

If you look to the other Gundam series as examples... in 0079, the Gundam had to be repaired by Amuro all the time. That's mostly just from fighting Zakus... in 08th MS Team, they were getting blown to pieces (GM head, anyone?)... although those WERE mass produced... 0080 didn't really show much of the Gundam Alex, in 0083... geez, he just kept getting blown out of the sky, but the only reason it was always from the GP-02 was because that's the only person he was even after... in Zeta and ZZ they do repair them sometimes... but overall, they did actually have difficulty with many MS, they didn't just fly by and *boom* down goes another Hizack... CCA was pretty strictly a God-based-battle, but that was between the best Amuro and Char we've ever seen, so it's to be expected after their lives... in Victory Gundam, they destroyed Gundam parts CONSTANTLY (haha... probably every episode), F91... eh, too short... Gundam X they are repairing the Gundams after any encounter... in Turn 'A' they are always working on it (although that is pretty damn strong too... that DID come from a time period that made far better suits than the others used, though)... and even in G Gundam, Gundams obviously got destroyed left and right, even the main character got beat around plenty.

See? NOT invincible. The SEED and Destiny Gundams ARE overpowered.

Also, I think even if a pilot was half decent, and was thrown into Justice (and knew how to use it), he'd have a decent chance against a Gundam pilot in a Jin. I mean... come on. The fire power alone... and speed. The guy would only need to get a single half-crappy shot to hit the Jin and you can say "bye bye Gundam pilot!"

(Plus you can't have the main characters seem weak when they are suppose to be the heroes lol)

You seem to miss the entire point of Gundam, my dear boy. Yes, you can consider Amuro, Camille, Judau, Shiro, Heero, Kira... ALL 50+ Gundam pilots "heroes". However, each and EVERY one has major issues. They are almost all young and angsty in their own way. Whether they whine all the time, don't really want to fight, get into trouble, gets psychologically unstable, gets a member of the crew killed, sees their parents die, sees their little loli sister die, has no emotions, etc.... they ALL have issues. None of them are considered to be "typical" heros, so I doubt they worried about them looking like heroes. Plenty of Gundam series exploited their characters' weaknesses, both on and off the battle field. They are all so confused and in need of a ton of help when it comes to anything but killing people. Almost like it's a METAPHOR for something... like *gasp* REAL soldiers. :) Don't you just love the subtle nuiances of Gundam? Gotta love anti-war anime.

I feel that something is not right in the last episode ( eps 50 ) cause it seems that no Main Character or Sub Character died in the EAF side ( Earth Alliance Force) and in Gundam seed in the last episode Mu la Flaga (sry dont know the spelling), Flaye, the 3 pilots of Strike rouge, and some more i know that i cant compare but y????? (can anyone answer)

Well, if I understand the question correctly... because they didn't want to? There was significantly less death overall in Destiny anyway...

Offline werishee113

• Clean
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2006, 09:11:39 AM »
so..who will it be. Athrun and Cagalli or Athrun and Meyrin. I really need to know!!!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #479 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:24 AM »
so..who will it be. Athrun and Cagalli or Athrun and Meyrin. I really need to know!!!

That was probably one of the most underdeveloped plot points in Destiny. This means they don't care, so it probably doesn't even matter. That's one of the things that was pissing me off the most watching Destiny.