Author Topic: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)  (Read 97622 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2005, 10:13:51 AM »
Where are u guys watching Destiny. Is it on Demand or something???

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2005, 10:33:34 AM »
I guess you could say that we are watching it "on demand," as in whenever we feel like it...but instead I'll tell you directly that we are watching the fansubs of it.  I'm sure you wouldn't have too much trouble finding it if you bothered to actually look instead of ask pointless questions.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2005, 08:06:59 PM »
Well, I finally caught up today by watching the last 7 episodes... I love it. I can't wait till the Freedom and Savior get some more air time in 13. I really don't mind the loss of action in a few of the past eps, the political side of the plot is just as good when so many of the characters are so familiar... they just keep popping out of nowhere.

And of course Shinn has the SEED, I figured that right off the bat, you cannot be the main character of a series and not have the ability that the past main characters did. You would know this if you watched Zeta and ZZ.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »
Freedom's entrance in ep 13 was awsome.  The shot angle, the music...just cool.  This episode also answered one of my question...Waldfield's left arm.  I think this might be a first in Gundam's history for a character to have mechanical limbs...not sure on that one.  I'm sure people can already guess about the Chairman, fake Lacus, and the real Lacus.  Though I wised they would have shown the Savior in this episode.  Oh well, I guess that leaves something for the next.  I want to see the new intro too.

And of course Shin would be a seed!  Why wouldn't he be!?  I just want to see him and Kira fight.  Soon I hope.

Offline AniMangaBaka

• #1 Baka
  • Clean
  • ....do you wanna fight?!
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2005, 08:15:16 PM »
 >:( *HUGE SPOILER!*

According to some of my fellow Seed fanatics, we deduced that anybody that is a main character, fights at least once, and has ability is able to have the 'Seed', much to my dismay. I strongly detest Shinn..i wish he would just die, and hopefully he does when he fights Kira, as the beginning intro 'Ignite' suggests they fight. Also people with 'Seed' don't nessiscariely (O.O horrible spelling) have to be coordinaters, such as in Shinn and Cagali's case. I EXTREMELY DETEST SHINN, A. He dwells on the past. B.He is a complete and utter brat. C. He needs to learn his place. D. He is wayy to arrogant. E. He is a complete and utter brat  :-\.... Also Freedom, despite the officer's reference as Shinn being stronger than Freedom. Impulse(Shinn) is obviously not stronger than Freedom(Kira). First of all Impulse is constantly killing every which way, and seems to be doing a horrible job at it. So far the only semi-impressive thing Impulse has done was to destroyed those carriers and ships. Also Impulse seems like a mere rebuilt Strike, which is in no comparasion to Freedom. Also When Kira/Freedom fight they are constantly holding back, in order to have the least amount of casualties, and therefore if they didn't care so much about casualties may be sufficiently stronger. Also Freedom has more advantage compared to the Impulse. At the beginning of a battle, Freedom could easily destroy the impulse during the lag time which occurs when Impulse is putting the 'Gundam' together. Also Freedom is more of a long-range mobile suit, and due to the multiple cannons/machine guns would be able to destroy or seriously harm the Impulse before the Impulse could actually do anything. Also the Pilot needs to be taken into account. Shinn is a young brat, who is unable to control his emotions, and is disrespectful of authority. Kira on the other hand seems to be a more calm and mature type, and isn't disrespectful of authority. If you are unable to control your emotions in a serious battle, you'll be at a huge disadvantage.._________________________________________________________...now not talking about Shinn or Kira, let's talk about the Zaft development. Personally Athrun is gonna kick so much @$$ it's not even funny. Chairman Dullindal is a genius, although his thoughts may not all be correct. Chairman Dullindal allows Athrun to have a 'Faith' pin, which will give him much authority when down to security. Also since Chairman Dullindal isn't actually commanding Athrun, Athrun as a more tempered Kira, will able to do things of his own will. Equipped with a new gundam, Athrun may be very cruicial in this new series, almost as crucial as Kira in season 1. Chairman Dullindal's bad ideas was to have somebody take on the identiity of Lacus Clyne(O.O). Personally this identity theft has pissed off Athrun, and if Kira sees it he may become berserk. Also it is quite obvious the two are different, and if the population becomes aware they may become distrustful of the government.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2005, 09:36:14 AM »
I don't disagree with you, but I do want to point out some stuff.  First, I'm sure Shin isn't going to die.  If anybody, it might be Kira for the sake of the story (though I hope that he won't).  Still I don't remember a Gundam series ever loosing main characters...well cept for CCA...but everybody died in that movie.  Now about Shin.  He's not really a brat...he's just an ass when he talks to Cagali since he doesn't like Orb...plus he's only 16.  And you would be dwelling in the past too if you saw pieces of your entire family burnt from an explosion!  Now about Freedom vs Impulse.  Yes I do think Freedom is better (it has an almost limitless power source!) but we can't disregard Impulse's power either.  Impulse is pretty much a watered down Freedom in Strike's form, but it is still quite stronger than the current mass produce mobile suits.  Blast Impulse actually has the same weapon as Freedom.  Most of the new mobile suits have similar weapons now, Abyss being a good example.  I still don't know why they didn't make a mobile suit more like Freedom though.  Also don't forget that Shin is still new at this.  Kira had hard time fighting in the start of Seed also.  Plus Shin just now discover Seed mode.  Ok, one last point...I'm pretty sure that Chairman Dullindal is a bad guy.  The "quite peace loving politician" is always the bad guy.  Plus fake Lacus, then trying to have the real Lacus killed...kinda points the finger to one person.  I could be wrong and it might be a big plot twist, but for now I'm sticking to this.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2005, 11:05:39 AM »
Well, at the end of Zeta they turn Camille into a braindead vegetable, which is basically the same as killing him.  Also, Shinn has a little sister fetish, which you know is going to lead to bad places in the end.  And I definately about Dullindal being a bad guy, that would be such an awesome plot twist.  Also, the biggest difference between Freedom and Impulse would be Freedom is nuclear powered.  So even if they are evenly matched in power, Freedom can go longer while Impulse is a sitting duck when recieving the energy particle beam thingy.  Also, what was up with Kira firing upside down this ep?  That was just silly.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2005, 11:09:07 AM »
Bear with me here cause I have been just reading what you guys said. Is impluse not a model like the Freedom. Is impluse an updated version like better or is it like the Strike's capabilities? And does it use the same like engine like the Strike?

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline AniMangaBaka

• #1 Baka
  • Clean
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2005, 06:18:02 PM »
Aoshi...the impulse is basically a revamped and suped up version of the strike, same color scheme, the weapons like the strike are detachable, but the weapons are semi-different

Shinaku....
Shinn is still a brat, implus it wasn't Orbs fault. it was Earths fault...also...yes i would be dwelling on the past, but i definately would not even try to pilot a mobile suit in that state...i'd be better off in a mental hospital :D, Kira really didn't have a hard time fighting in the beginning of seed, merely he didn't feel like belonging to a government in the war. About Dullindal i completely agree.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
  • Nothing will change without will to take action
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2005, 04:00:01 PM »
Man... with all this talk about episode 13, Freedom, and impulse, I assumed that they were going to fight already... But they didn't... I still loved the ending to it though. Those are the kind of Gundam fight scenes I like, with awsome maneuvering.

Offline AniMangaBaka

• #1 Baka
  • Clean
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2005, 12:33:27 PM »
Totally Tenchido

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2005, 09:25:04 PM »
Well I just saw ep 14 (yeah they labeled me a "gundam-tard"...well it's true!).  If anything that stands out the most in the ep is the new openning.  Judging from that, people might be right about Mu being alive (or clone or something of that sort).  And the part that got me excited the most was the peek at Shin's new mobile suit..."Freedom v2" as I'll call it till the name is given.  You know I'll buy that model as soon as it comes out :P But damn that looks like it would be a hell of a battle.  Also somethings I noticed a while back...1. They have been showing Kira's mom...what happened to his dad...(Yes his dad or maybe foster father was there when they were in Orb during Seed)  2.  Kira and Lacus were sleeping in different rooms...hmm after all this time...still?  Man I hope Impulse gets replaced soon...I want to see the new suit!

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2005, 09:51:31 PM »
shinaku, it'd be pretty hard for lacus and kira to sleep in the same bed with the kids and do "stuff" >.>

But if you pay attention the new ED, you would realize that the way it is set up, it still hints at Kira and Lacus being the central figures of GSD.  I'm a Shinn-hater as well.  Btw, I love Bartfield's new gundam (in the new OP).  But yah, one possible final confrontation would be Archangel (and Co.) vs Minnerva (and Co.).  Dullindal is definately a bad guy.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2005, 12:02:46 PM »
Man was this one crazy episode.  Not only is there a new op and ed, they actually have new animation!  Also...they turned the Archangel into a freakin submarine!  That was a bit unexpected.  Also, I was getting tired of Cagalli's submissive "I must follow the will of Yuuna, I mean, the people" attitude.  I'm damn glad that Yuuna broke down in tears at the end of the episode, more shows need to do that to villians.  Still, what's up with the new transforming Astrays?  It's like half the Mobile Suits in this series can turn into planes...But yeah, it was kickass to see Lacus in her Battle Kimono again, I just hope we don't have to see another angsty Kira vs Athrun battle in the future, that shit should be saved for Kira vs Shinn while Athrun takes on Raye.  And yeah, that is kickass that Waldefelt get's a new Mobile Suit.  It reminds me of Quattro's Hyaku Shiki from Zeta.  It will be good to see Cagalli back in the Strike Rouge, I want to see her take on Lunamaria Hawke.  That just leaves that unidentified Orange Haired red coat with his Orange Zaku to take on Waldefelt.  I think they way that they drop clues to make you speculate is one of the things that makes this show so engaging, even if parts of the episodes can be disappointing.  Still, this is my favorite show of the season, just barely edging out Mai Hime.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
  • Nothing will change without will to take action
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2005, 06:01:50 PM »
I'm damn glad that Yuuna broke down in tears at the end of the episode, more shows need to do that to villians. Still, what's up with the new transforming Astrays? It's like half the Mobile Suits in this series can turn into planes...

Yuna didn't exactly break into tears, but rather into an annoying weird cry...
I guess the transforming into aerial mobile suits would allow them to travel the fastest considering it works on earth and in space.

I really wanna see what Shinaku calls "Freedom v2" who Shinn would probably pilot, duke it out with Kira and "Freedom"

From what I've seen in the recent episodes, the battles will be much more fierce and way better than they were in Gundam Seed and at the start of Gundam Seed Destiny.

I also like the new ending theme. What's it called? I already know "Pride" is the intro theme.

anything