Author Topic: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)  (Read 97327 times)

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
  • Nothing will change without will to take action
Re: Gundam Seed Destiny-Episode Discussion Thread(Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2004, 01:20:20 PM »
Oh... I didn't notice Bartfield's 2 arms, I only saw one, unless what you saw was his sleeve.

Well Kira and Arthun did get older so they matured and yeah his new personality seems better than his old self. One of the things I hated about Gundam Seed was Kira's crying...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 01:20:53 PM by Tenchido »

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2004, 01:53:41 PM »
Besides Kira and Lacus being in the opening and Seed being in the title is there any other relation between Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny???

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2004, 03:03:03 PM »
Yes Seed Destiny has links to Seed (that's why it's called a sequel).  It starts two years after Seed as tension between the two sides starts again.  The returning characters (most of the main characters from Seed...Kira, Athrun, Yzak, Dearka, Cagali, Lacus, etc) have new issues they have to deal with.  Shin being the one that the story mainly revolves around.  This is a vague description, but the simple answer is yes it has relations to Gundam Seed.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2004, 01:03:25 PM »
Oooooo :o It really does look like Bartfield got his arm back in episode 9 and things are starting to get serious. And so we meet "Lacus" 2 in this episode. Not the Lacus with Kira, but the other one. She almost look exactly like Lacus, she sounds like Lacus, she has a look-alike Haro and she even goes by Lacus... What does this all mean? Is she a clone or a fraud?

They're already using Nuclear Missles to destroy PLANT but PLANT has a secret powerful weapon that can only be used once and counters the attack.

Oh and uhhh... dang... I can't remember her name... it starts with "M" short blondish hair, used to help operate Archangel is back. Now as a photographer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 07:48:58 PM by Tenchido »

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2004, 07:37:55 PM »
Milliaria, and with a little luck we'll get to see Savior next episode.  I must say, I'm absolutely loving Destiny.  Not only are the characters more mature this time around, shinn may be a bit angsty but at least he isn't a crybaby, and the heavy focus on politics is just to my liking.  The feel is more like a Robert Ludlum novel, where as GitS 2nd GiG feels like Tom Clancy + Henry David Thoreau, which is not a good combination.  As for the fake Lacus, her hair is a bit darker, her face is positively demonic, her outfit is atrocious, and her voice is simply disturbing.  In other words, pure unbridled evil.  Also, am I the only one that was reminded of Austria's ultimatum to Serbia in 1914 which precluded WWI when the Alliance was reading off their list of demands to Plant?  Not only do the creators know their Greek mythology and their Philosophers (that's where the names for the Zaft ships came from) they also know their military history.  I have but one word left: Bully!
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2004, 08:50:16 PM »
Yes the other Lacus is kinda creepy.  I don't think she is a clone though, probably just an imposter put there to rally the people.  This is just speculations from the intro.  She looks quite different from the real Lacus there.  There is a good chance that Savior will show up next time.  In the preview, there was a quick shot of a gundam that looked like it.  I'm still wondering how strong the next batch of mobile suits are going to be.  The current ones, even the Gunner Zaku, seems to have equal power as Freedom.  The Astray Blue Second L seems to have been massed produced too (Dagger L I think it was called).  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to expand the wall area for my Gundam models...

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2004, 08:32:07 PM »
what the hell is the Savior?

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2004, 10:05:53 PM »
That's Athrun's new gundam since Justice got destroyed in the battle at Yakin Due.  He hasn't actually gotten it yet in the series, but it was part of the official information release which included suits, character names, and general backstory for the events between Seed and Destiny.  From what I've seen of it, it looks pretty bad ass.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2004, 09:46:40 AM »
That's Athrun's new gundam since Justice got destroyed in the battle at Yakin Due.  He hasn't actually gotten it yet in the series, but it was part of the official information release which included suits, character names, and general backstory for the events between Seed and Destiny.  From what I've seen of it, it looks pretty bad ass.

nerd.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2004, 12:48:28 PM »
nerd.
All this was like the most basic infomation released.

And so we see ZGMF-X23S Gundam Savior along with the imposter Lacus Clyne A.K.A Mia Campbell.

Another episode with no action. On the other hand it was kinda intresting and went by quickly. I believe the next episode is where the fighting will continue. I hope Kira pilots the Freedom soon and joins in the raging war.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 12:50:59 PM by Tenchido »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2004, 08:17:10 AM »
Well from what I have read, the next two episode (1 hour special) will have the orb battle which will show many new earth models, and the the third epidsode will be the return of Freedom.

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2004, 04:07:54 PM »
Well from what I have read, the next two episode (1 hour special) will have the orb battle which will show many new earth models, and the the third epidsode will be the return of Freedom.

Finally a huge battle is coming. Oh did you say Freedom? Awsome!

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2004, 04:58:30 PM »
Yes ep 11 was okay...just a set up for the battle, but 12 was good.  New mobile suits and armor.  It reminded me of the last series when Freedom came during the Orb battle.  Very cool.  Shin kicked some ass in this episode!  And the next episode is titled the Resurected Wing which is the return of Freedom!  This is just a guess, but I think Freedom has been upgraded too.  I'm just basing it on the 1/100 model of Freedom "Destiny Version". 

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2004, 02:00:49 PM »
Shinn's a seed! Cool! He kinda went berserk at the end of 12... but all is well.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2004, 02:18:13 PM »
shinn needs to die.  and it's so cheesy for him to have the seed as well.  i hope kira gives it to him hard when them two duke it out.

anything