Poll

Who do you think is better Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva

Kira/Archangel
15 (88.2%)
Shinn/Minerva
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva  (Read 8529 times)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 07:30:20 PM »
Well we all knew Freedom was going to get beat by Impulse.  That was obvious since the second intro.  What most of us was wondering was HOW Shinn was going to beat Kira.  And without going into anything, many would agree that it was, shall we say, "writers assistance".  Jais pointed out a lot of stuff when I talked to him, and I wished he would have posted them.  It wasn't really an even one on one duel.  I'll just leave it at that.

Offline VeX

• Clean
  • I will show you what it means to kill. -Shiki
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 05:39:45 AM »
Wow, a poll that just pulled me in so much I had to register and join in the fun...

Regarding the Shin/Kira battle, I will say that Shin+Impulse  was tailor made to beat Kira on Freedom....   the remaining question is simply: how well/believable could he pull it off?

I say he pulled it off well.  His replacable parts replaced exactly what Kira targets and he made good use of what he had: Lots and lots of money <cough> er... spare parts.

With that said, I will STILL vote Kira/Archangel.  And I do this with subjective (and sometimes objective) points  believe me if you will but hear me out:

Assuming AA before Freedom gets blown up but after ORB forces join and Minerva before Saviour gets pwned.

MS compliment:
Freedom vs. Impulse - Nice as the Impulse is, Freedom wins.  Better overall suit.

Strike Rouge vs. Saviour - TIE.  They both practically did nothing.  Saviour may have more kills, but was Anakined.
Looking at its performance, Savior seems like an upgraded Murasame but little else. Given the history of Strike, I'm almost inclined to go for it, but I hold myself back.

Murasame Squad vs. Zaku Warriors - Murasame Squad.  I always preferred high mobility types.... that and they pwned the Chaos.

Base Stats:
Minerva seems a dedicated space craft, and seems to perform poorly in atmosphere.  Archangel is a base for any place.  That and I have never seen a mothership that has dodged more stuff than Archangel.  That and Minerva seems to have more damage on it more of the time.

Amenities:
Minerva has a battle bridge, Archangel has its own onsen.  Both have captain's phones (see Bright joke at my Hongfire thread as toldore/end shameless plug/) but Archangel's was just more stylish.
Winner by comfort: Archangel.

Personel (Minerva, Archangel):
Shin vs. Kira - Kira.  Simply more accomplishments and personality.
X vs. Neuman (Helmsman)- Neuman.  the god of dodging.
X vs. M (Mechanic) - M.  Notice how Archangel gets banged up, yet still keeps shiny?  just after Freedom blows up... its looking good again.  And how in SEED, AA goes down, 5 mins later it goes up again.
Meilin vs. Miliaria - Meilin.  Battle of the Bridge Bunnies!  Milly is cute, and scared the hell out of Deakka but Meilin was able to defend herself from ep 37 alone.
Luminaria vs. Cagalli - Luminaria, ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, I happen to like the Hawke sisters.
Rey vs. Andrew - Andrew.  He just has STYLE (I mean he has his own mug and emblem)
Gladys vs. Marrue - TIE.  Marrue has much BOUNCE. Gladys did gets some at around ep 2.
Mia? vs. Lacus - Lacus.  She got the team more advanced Mobile suits, sings well, and has the Eternal stashed somewhere.

Personel: Archangel.  it just has more personality (being more civvie oriented) than the military Minerva.

Overall: Kira/Archangel

Damn, I feel like I should import my thread at Hongfire to here.

Offline kirapwnsshinn

• Clean
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »
FUCKKKKK YOU Zantazuken!!!!

sorry i'm reviving a old topic but whatever...UR AN IDIOT Zantazuken!!!

Freedom is attacked by Shinn and his ZGMF-X56S Impulse, who has prepared for this battle. Taking advantage of Kira's unwillingness to kill and Impulse's ability to replace damaged parts on-the-fly, Shinn defeats Kira. When the Archangel is apparently destroyed by fire from the Minerva, the resulting explosion rips the Freedom apart. Kira survives in the damaged cockpit and is retrieved from the ocean by Cagalli in the MBF-02 Strike Rouge.

go to hell. Shinn is a lil naive idiot he's too full of himself.

Offline kirapwnsshinn

• Clean
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »
i jus joined this forum to post that up there...plz mod my curses...i was a bit enraged...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 09:02:52 AM »
i jus joined this forum to post that up there...plz mod my curses...i was a bit enraged...

Haha, mod yourself. I found your post quite amusing, personally. Besides it being an old thread, you got so angry at a person you've never even heard of on a board you've never even posted on before... And I don't feel like rereading the thread anyway, but if I remember right, this thread was while Destiny was airing in Japan, and some people for some odd reason, like Shinn more. :P

Just opinions, no need to rage over it.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »

Haha, mod yourself. I found your post quite amusing, personally. Besides it being an old thread, you got so angry at a person you've never even heard of on a board you've never even posted on before... And I don't feel like rereading the thread anyway, but if I remember right, this thread was while Destiny was airing in Japan, and some people for some odd reason, like Shinn more. :P

Just opinions, no need to rage over it.

I was going to post something similar to this in response, but I didn't feel like it was worth my time honestly lol. This thread was made during the time Destiny still had a bright future, we had no idea Shinn was going to turn out as bad as he did yet.

Offline Iriyamiyu

• Slightly Buzzed
    • Altimit Aftermath
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 05:08:41 AM »
Kira and Arcangel ...they are really cool  >__<