Author Topic: The Grudge  (Read 7642 times)

cuteflyz89

Re: The Grudge
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2004, 10:02:11 PM »
danm I just saw this....and holy shit its good. lol it scared me though. most movies dont scare me, but this one did. all these preps runnied it by screaming when it wasnt scary. stupid chicks. it has this really creepy sound the things make and it scares the crap out of me. but overall I liked it.

Cherry

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2004, 06:09:22 AM »
Me too. I keep checking under my blankets at night making sure there isnt a dead woman about to eat me XD

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2004, 09:07:52 PM »
i heard it wasn't so great. my friend told me it lacked an interesting plot.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:38 PM »
*minor plot spoilage*

It was good alright...for a laugh.  Seriously, I did not stop laughing the entire film.  See, the scary moments in the grudge consisted of a silhouette walking past a door, or a face inside a mirror.  Maybe it would have been scarier if the spirit of kayako was faster.  Maybe if she ran around like a spider and chased the people down as they ran away, or if the cg moments had eyes that looked realistic, then it would have been better.  But still, the plot was rather...thin, and it was wierd that the film takes place in japan, but 3/4 of the characters are americans.  Also, Sarah Michelle Gellar's deadpan acting only served to lessen the tension.  Certainly she acted rather paranoid, but she never had a face of true fear.  The film was actually somewhat good at inspiring tension, but it failed to use that tension and every "jump moment" was completely predictable.  That is ultimately what killed this film for me, the fact that I could predict when and how a scary moment would occur, and be exactly right every time.  That in and of itself made the film hilarious to me, because it only made the style of the film seem silly and it produced a rather unbalanced atmosphere.  The film started to come together towards the end with the "final showdown," but it failed to capitalize on many golden opportunities.  The fact that it was PG-13 and therefore had to be subtly scary instead of graphically was a part of this, but there were many other elements.  Like, the scene where Kayako is crawling down the stairs, that would have been amazing had it been a huge flight of stairs and she raced down it, crawling like a spider.  The slow dragging with the odd twitching with the awkward angle just seemed stupid.  Also, when she was crawling ontop of your man, Sarah, you should have smacked that bitch!  Seriously, the spirit moves agonizingly slow, and all you can do is sit with your back against the wall watching her make the moves?  You are no woman.  Finally, the ending was just weak, the weakest part of the film.  Overall, if you were scared by that film, then you have no constitution, no will, and no sight of mind.  To those who haven't seen it, don't bother unless you think you will find it as humourous as I did.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 07:13:09 AM by JaisBane »
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Waya475

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2004, 11:33:42 AM »
www.somethingawful.com

Read the awesome review there.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2004, 12:43:17 PM »
Me too. I keep checking under my blankets at night making sure there isnt a dead woman about to eat me XD

Same here! I keep turing on my light to see if anyones there. and my brohter is getting annoyed w/ the light getting turned on and off. I was in the bathroom about to take a shower and I felt a cold breeze and I turned and nothing was there and I was like eek! I'm going to take one tomorrow! But I have dark parts in my room and I cant see cause my shutters are still closed so all I have is one wondow w/ the moon light and its still dark. But yeah I hope I dont stay scared for long.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 06:15:25 PM »
I went to see it yesterday and I was very disappointed. That movie sucked. It sucked alot. It wasn't even scary. It had no plot. It basically just sucked. I hope Saw will be better. :-\

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2004, 05:19:37 PM »
Disappointing -.-

Some people of our soccer team(Not all of them) decided to go to see The Grudge if they won at least once...Both the A team and B team won ^.^
Well anyways I warned them not to see it but they don't believe that I am correct.

I tolf them they should see Saw but they wanted to see the Grudge...I can't wait till I see their disappointed faces Monday ^.^

Cherry

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2004, 06:32:43 PM »
LOL!

yeah but some ppl are horrified of the grudge, like this one senior girl i know was like IM NEVER GOING TO FUCKING CHINA EVER!!

so i corrected her on the china thing..and then i laughed at her..XD

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Naruto, Cowboy bebop, Initial d!!
    • www.freewebs.com/rockstar_98
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2004, 12:31:27 AM »
i thought it was really good and really scary
D:\Documents and Settings\Akira M\My Documents\My Pictures\rockstar.jpg
MetallicA rocks   .../ My fav. Naruto, Initial d , Cowboy bebop, ichigo 100%, ruroni kenshin, death

Offline VW_Kidd

• Japan Bound
  • Addict
  • ...dakara...
    • Chained Bishounen
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2004, 03:13:54 PM »
You could not pay me enough!  But now they're bringing out the original Japanese film that inspired the Grudge.
My Myspace

Join Gaia today and tell them VW_Kid referred you.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2004, 03:19:04 PM »
You could not pay me enough!  But now they're bringing out the original Japanese film that inspired the Grudge.

Juon.

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2004, 11:24:34 AM »
I tended to see it as a film bashing the Hollywood-style horror films of today, almost like a "Scary Movie" type deal. My mother was screaming through the entire movie, my father was laughing at the fact that he agreed with me about the humor involved, but was completely lost (as usual) as to the plot. I, on the other hand, found it sadly disappointing as far as horror went, but unexpectedly surpurb as far as a comedy went. *shrugs* I guess it depends on your view on life and your tastes...
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline uroxmysox52328

• Clean
  • "Just you and me On this island of hope"
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2004, 03:10:32 PM »
yea there was alot of humor in the grudge my friend was sittin next to me and we were makin jokes the whole time but it was definatly scary.