Author Topic: ADV, Geneon, and Funi joining forces?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
ADV, Geneon, and Funi joining forces?
« on: October 05, 2004, 12:49:45 PM »
from animeondvd.com
The three largest producers and distributors of Anime in America - ADV Films, Inc., Funimation Productions LTD and Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. - announced plans to form a joint venture for the development and marketing of Anime. The announcement was made here today at MIPCOM by John Ledford, CEO and President, ADV Films, Kevin Corcoran, Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer, ADV Films; Gen Fukunaga, President, Funimation Productions LTD, Daniel Cocanougher, Vice President; Funimation Productions LTD; Yosuke Kobayashi, President and CEO, Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. and Hideki Goto, Vice President, Business Development, Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc.

The new joint venture will focus on developing high quality entertainment series primarily targeted to children and young adults, where the team can best maximize their respective resources, talent and expertise.
Now Watching: 

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: ADV, Geneon, and Funi joining forces?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
Targeted to children and young adults?  So they're gonna be another 4Kids or something?  This is weird...

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Steven

• Resident Igo Enthusiast
  • Addict
  • What her outstretched hand embodies is...
Re: ADV, Geneon, and Funi joining forces?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 01:00:49 PM »
'twould indeed be a dissapointment... they would be the death of my beloved dubs...