Author Topic: Another movie from china  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Bishoujomae

• Clean
  • What!?
Another movie from china
« on: October 01, 2004, 04:38:06 PM »
yup, this movie is from the same creator of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. this one is called  "House of the Flying Daggers" the lead female actress is the same from CTHD, and the lead male is a well known chinese snger/acter. i already saw the movie in china and the contents arent much different from CTHD. i personally didnt enjoy it much, but if you liked CTHD or the actress you shoudl check it out this December. it might be delayed tho

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
Re: Another movie from china
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 11:32:41 AM »
I hated Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon even though I didn't even watch it. I still hated it. I doubt I'll watch this new movie either. I hate Chinese movies.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 03:51:11 PM »
I hated Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon even though I didn't even watch it. I still hated it. I doubt I'll watch this new movie either. I hate Chinese movies.

That's pretty close minded. ^^;;

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 06:33:51 PM »
Yeah, i know. I just don't really appreciate stuff from China that much. It could be a good movie but it's one more that I won't watch.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Waya475

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 07:11:54 PM »

Hey, here is a novel idea.  Watch and try something before you rip it.  Thanks.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »
I have watched a very little of it and didn't like it. I don't have to do anything that I don't want to. I can sit back and criticize shit all I want. That, my friend, is in the constitution. By the way, do you just follow me around the forum looking to see if I'm criticizing stuff, lol?

Waya475

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 07:19:52 PM »
LOL NO D00d.  I JUS LIEK HAETIN ON U FOR NO GUD REESON LOL.

Seriously.  No one will ever take you seriously if you don't have the balls to back up what you say.  I know I don't.

I do believe you have gotten on the bad side of 2 admins now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 07:21:03 PM by Kawachi475 »

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 07:38:07 PM »

Wow, such a strong hate towards Chinese Movies....and what do you have against them?

That's quite narrow-minded, but hey, even though you're entitled to your own opinion...it'd make you look better to have some intelligence to back it up

Just an idea though...

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 04:58:29 AM »

Wow, such a strong hate towards Chinese Movies....and what do you have against them?

That's quite narrow-minded, but hey, even though you're entitled to your own opinion...it'd make you look better to have some intelligence to back it up

Just an idea though...

Maybe he hates reading the large subtitles.

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 10:20:46 AM »
In my opinion, that should have nothing to do with the quality of the movie as a whole.

Now, if it were the subtitles that were translated poorly or incorrectly, then I'd understand.

Offline Bishoujomae

• Clean
  • What!?
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 11:50:48 AM »
to say that you hate chinese movies in general is very close minded, what you should say is something like "ya, i dont like this movie (for some reason) but there are other movie that i enjoy from china" something like that.

although, CTHD is one of the worst fighting movies from china, because there are so many better title than this one. maybe you should try and watch some of the other ones before you make your conclusion

Waya475

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 01:45:02 PM »
Fighting was not the main theme of Crouching Tiger.  The fact that fighting seemed to take a back seat to plot was what made me love it so much.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 02:11:30 PM »
Fighting was not the main theme of Crouching Tiger.  The fact that fighting seemed to take a back seat to plot was what made me love it so much.

Same goes for Hero... a lot of people did not like that because they went and saw it thinking it was based on the fighting... like some normal Jet Li or Jackie Chan movie... but these movies are above that.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 07:12:35 PM »
to say that you hate chinese movies in general is very close minded, what you should say is something like "ya, i dont like this movie (for some reason) but there are other movie that i enjoy from china" something like that.

although, CTHD is one of the worst fighting movies from china, because there are so many better title than this one. maybe you should try and watch some of the other ones before you make your conclusion

No thanks.

Nothing. Nothing at all.

LOL NO D00d.  I JUS LIEK HAETIN ON U FOR NO GUD REESON LOL.

Seriously.  No one will ever take you seriously if you don't have the balls to back up what you say.  I know I don't.

I do believe you have gotten on the bad side of 2 admins now.

The part about having balls to back up what I say was really ignorant. I obviously have the balls to say it and back it up, or why else would I say it? Anyway, to me, the movie sucks. Plain and simple. You like what you like, I like what I like. Get over it.

Waya475

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 07:13:44 PM »
Haha, and you call ME ignorant.

You watched very little of it, yet you hated it?  I can imagine your future marriage now.

*gets to the honeymoon*

girl:  Oh spike, I love you
Spike:  fuck this, this sucks

*divorce*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 07:15:04 PM by Kawachi475 »

anything