Author Topic: Rap...  (Read 5244 times)

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
Re: Rap...
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 01:12:28 PM »
oh really?  i'm interested in hearing that now.  do you know of any particular songs or anything i should listen to?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 01:03:05 PM »
I don't know any songs I have heard personally... I could ask Kagemusha for some ideas next time I see him online, he might know some.

Or maybe Taiyou will.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 04:36:50 PM »
HOE SHAKIN ASS LIKE A REAL FREAK, TRYIN TA GET THE MUTHA FUCKIN ENDS MEAT.

*ahem*

Gotta love rap.

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 07:40:17 PM »
CRUNK REAL ESTATE IN DA HOUSE YOOO!11/"!11

Offline Tanoliko

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like Monkies.
    • JPN Club Forum (It died)
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 10:15:43 AM »
I think all the popular american rap songs should die. They are stupid. Instead of saying "fashizzle my nizzle" why can't they say what they mean?
"I wholeheardly concure with you my african american brother." Now that's the kind of rap I like.

But there are some rap songs I like, you know when they stop making up words to replace others. I can never forget the "home skillet" stage or "debo" or something like that.

But that's mostly the stupid kids that listen to rap.
The meaning of love = Useless

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 10:56:18 AM »
I remember back in my heavy metal days when I thought rap was the scourge of the earth and signalled the downfall of mankind, but being a few years older I have a new found apreciation for it.  Incidentally my fascination was bourn not from american hip hop, but from the japanese hip hop group m-flo.  I had obtained a copy of "The Intergalatic Collection", which is his greatest hits collection, through some unknown means and the combination of traditional R&B sounds, skillful turntable play, soulful female choruses, and smooth, rhythmic rapping really connected with me.  I have always been more or less a fan of the Beastie Boys, and every once in awhile a particular hip hop song would strike me as novel but nothing ever connected.  Once I found m-flo I spent a lot of time trying to find artists with similar sounds, so I researched their influences.  One big name I came across was "A Tribe Called Quest" which consisted of a dj and a rapper named Q-Tip.  You could call them my gateway drug into the world of dope rhymes that is hip hop. 

Anyways, currently I listen to m-flo (Planet Shining and EXPO EXPO are his best albums), the Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, NWA, Public Enemy, The Streets (a brilliantly poetic underground brittish rapper), Mos Def, Mobb Deep, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jurassic 5 (very similar to the tribe), Wu Tang Clan, Blackeyed Peas, The Roots, Bushido, Outkast, The Shapeshifters, and Nas (his new collaborations with his father Olidamara are, quote, off the hook).  There are alot of rap artists that are not mainstream whose soul existance is not to degrade women and visit strip clubs in their music videos.  The secret to finding good stuff, for any genre, is to first stop watching mtv.  Through any of those groups I listed up there you should be able to find tons of other similar artists if you really look for them.  Oh, and just so that you don't think that my entire musical reptoire is limited to hip hop, I play harmonica in a blues rock band called "The Heterosexualists."  Damn I love blues...
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 08:25:06 PM »
there are 4 rappers that i really listen to, and those would be tupac, nas, biggie, and kanye west.  other than that it's hard for me to find rap i like,

Offline Dakar

• Budding Addict
  • I'm no damn freak I'm a Final Fantasy Fanatic.
    • A World of Poetry
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005, 08:15:23 PM »
Aight first beith the first thing. rap is not the scum of the earth. yeah i admit at first i didn't like it at all. then i listened to Eminem then 50 Cent and then Ludacris, then i continued listening to it. now i can freestyle so its all good.
The world is not enough for one man.... I want more!!!

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2005, 09:36:05 PM »
ZOMG YOU CAN MAGICALLY FREESTYLE FROM LISTENING TO PEOPLE THAT RAP ABOUT BITCHES IN DA CLUB, BEATING UP YOUR WIFE, AND CHICKEN N BEER!?!! LOLZ!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dakar

• Budding Addict
  • I'm no damn freak I'm a Final Fantasy Fanatic.
    • A World of Poetry
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 12:43:51 PM »
Freestyle is an art if you really think about it. Cause you have to come up with your own shit cause if you dont its called Copyright laws. that shit can get you in trouble. but yeah.... other than that its all good.... so back off... please :P :-X
The world is not enough for one man.... I want more!!!

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005, 05:15:52 PM »
I'm not big on rap anymore but I still love Nas and Tupac. I think most rap is only good when people are freestyling because most of the songs get old... People that say something about rap and know nothing about it annoys me, though.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 05:23:13 AM »
I like rap and I freestyle however I don't consider it coming up with my shit. Freestyling is most of a cool way to diss people or to show up. Anyways Dakar you don't really look like knowing a lot about rap the way you talk about it.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~