Author Topic: Rap...  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
Rap...
« on: September 29, 2004, 06:55:58 PM »
Rap sux!! i mean... why do they even make it! Its just making people do bad stuff... and make them join gangs.
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
Re: Rap...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 07:19:42 PM »
Cum hoc ergo propter hoc.
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 07:27:13 PM »
How insightful a view you have into the world of drug addled negro's, you understand the plight of the black man perfectly...

EXTREME SARCASM ASIDE, rap is a mixed bag, the old school stuff is great, the newer stuff is predominantly crap I'll admit, same for rock though. As for rap making people join gangs, bullshit! Rappers are predominantly black men from bad neighborhoods, the environment bred a style of music that used old vinyl as a instrument because guitars were too expensive. Art is product of society, not the other way around.
Hello!

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 07:52:24 PM »
i don't listen to rap, and i don't really like rap. but i don't really like to go around bashing something that i don't know much about... meh. i just know that i don't care for it, and that's all that matters to me.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Waya475

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 04:59:57 AM »
Rap is funny.  If they would just change the lyrics and speak proper english, it could be a really cool music form.  I love the beat sometimes, but the vocals just piss me off to no end.

I do listen to rap to laugh at it though

*plays Wanksta by Fitty Cent*

G G G G G G G UNIT!

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 05:07:18 AM »
I dislike Rap, but I don't hate listening to it. Rap is just people talking really fast and trashy. Why did they make that form of music anyways?

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 05:35:50 AM »
I just listen to mexican rap, eminem, and I am not really sure shaggy is rap but if he is then I listen to him too.

Really there is nothing wrong with rap. But that is only my opinion.

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 06:10:49 AM »
Rap is ok i mostly listen to chinese rap and eng rap:P

cuteflyz89

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
Ok now not all rap makes people want to join gangs or ect. Some music like Eminem, most of his songs protray his life when he was younger.  how his mother and father treated him like shit. If you listen to the lyrics, or read them and find out what they are raping about, most of them arent all about drugs or sex blah blah. but yeah I listen to some hip hop and maybe once in a while rap. But I dont think it sucks...though thats your opinon lol.

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 01:57:53 PM »
Mainstream rap is terrible. Underground rap is a different story. No singing about "24's", "hoes" or "Holiday iiinnnnnn".

King Geedorah, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere and MF Doom are some good ones.

Cherry

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 02:46:42 PM »
I listen to korean rap, and as for american rap, yeah i do like the beats alot but some rappers voices are so annoying, like that raggae dude kevin lyttle *gags*

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 05:46:43 PM »
i was for a long time an anti-rap advocate, but after i started partying more and stuff i liked it cause it's good to dance to...the only rap i listen to now is tupac, i like that kind of stuff instead of the poppy rap...that gets on my nerves.

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 05:50:21 PM »
Like I said before I listen to mexican rap. I too listen to old school rap. It's better then the rap they have now a day's.

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 05:52:58 PM »
i speak spanish but not well enough to understand mexican rap, considering i can barely understand what american rappers are saying half the time

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 09:23:10 PM »
i speak spanish but not well enough to understand mexican rap, considering i can barely understand what american rappers are saying half the time

Well, of the little bit of Mexican rap I have heard, it was pretty damn good. And personally... I like rap a whole lot better for how it flows... and the beat they choose to use. Rather than the lyrics... which I really never listen to at all.

anything