Author Topic: German Rock groups  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Cresk

• Clean
  • Semper Fi
German Rock groups
« on: September 27, 2004, 12:24:17 PM »
I am looking for more german rock/metal groups  i have heard

Die Krupps
Megaherz
Rammstein (Best one ever)
Oomph!
Stahlhammer

I need more to listen to... english/american music just sucks anymore.. cept NIN... but i need more german ones to listen to.. anyhelp

Waya475

Re: German Rock groups
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 01:37:40 PM »

Die Krupps
Megaherz
Oomph!
Stahlhammer

I need more to listen to... english/american music just sucks anymore.. cept NIN... but i need more german ones to listen to.. anyhelp

Unless you actually understand what the german groups are saying, I don't think you have a right to bash American rock.

Offline Cresk

• Clean
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 01:53:32 PM »

Die Krupps
Megaherz
Oomph!
Stahlhammer

Unless you actually understand what the german groups are saying, I don't think you have a right to bash American rock.

... i think i do have the right to bash it... because i dont like it.. and i do know what they are saying because i take the time to look up the lyrics ^.^

but i still think american rock sucks compared to the german stuff

Btw i live in WA state -.-
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 11:36:58 AM by Cresk »

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 07:24:58 PM »
Waya, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Anyway, HIM is from Finland. That's kind of like German. They sing in english though. By the way, Ramstein is pretty good.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 05:06:33 PM »
Finland is not Germany.  Had you said Finland was like Sweden or Denmark, maybe, but Germany?! 

Oh, Rammstein's latest—Reise, Reise—is a very good album.

As for bashing US rock.  Well, the mainstream IS cynical and pretty derivative in my opinion (given than I seem to need to qualify an obviously subjective comment).  Where is the invention?  I do not mind not being able to understand the lyrics as they are sung because, in general, most lyrics are pretty twee and trite.  Music is music.  If I like how it sounds, then I am happy.  Of course, I still look up what the lyrics mean, but not being able to understand what is being said at the time does not detract from the aural experience.
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Offline Cresk

• Clean
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 11:32:51 AM »
I must agree that Rammsteins latest album is by far one of the best... i even have it here in the US and it isnt released yet ^.^

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 05:16:12 PM »
I do not care if I have to import music, it's always worth it...

Officially, it was releaed in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland on the 27th Sep.  I picked it up here (UK) on that day as well.  It is a minor departure from their usual fare, but it is none the worse for it.  They even sing parts in English—'Amerika', in particular.  Though, 'Moskau' is fun for the dual vocals qua Paradise Lost.  I find the name of the album amusing—Journey, Journey—for there is a noticeable progression from the expected Teutonic throb of the opening tracks, toward a softer closing, 'Amour'.  I think it works very well.

Back to Finland: HIM is a very good band, but Nightwish is better.
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Offline Cresk

• Clean
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 01:11:58 PM »
I do not care if I have to import music, it's always worth it...

Officially, it was releaed in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland on the 27th Sep.  I picked it up here (UK) on that day as well.  It is a minor departure from their usual fare, but it is none the worse for it.  They even sing parts in English—'Amerika', in particular.  Though, 'Moskau' is fun for the dual vocals qua Paradise Lost.  I find the name of the album amusing—Journey, Journey—for there is a noticeable progression from the expected Teutonic throb of the opening tracks, toward a softer closing, 'Amour'.  I think it works very well.

Back to Finland: HIM is a very good band, but Nightwish is better.

i agree nightwish is awsome...  its kinda odd to have journey journey as a title >.<

As for getting the cd... it isnt due for release here in the US for quite a while.. so I downloaded it first and am going to buy the CD the Second it hits shelves in my town ^.^
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 01:48:35 PM by Cresk »

Uzumaki

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 05:53:28 PM »
There was this band I heared called E Nomine. They did a song called Mitternacht (midnght). I thought it was Rammstein at first cus the lead singer sounds SO MUCH like Til from Rammstein.

Offline whore-sama

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »
Yea I agree, Rammstein is the best German rock group I've head 8)

anything