Author Topic: "Kimagure Orange Road"  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Taitz

• Clean
  • All your base are belong to us.
"Kimagure Orange Road"
« on: September 23, 2004, 09:46:02 AM »
I have just finished reading the first volume of this and I am addicted. Its about this boy (with ESP powers) trying to fall in love with the class delinquent while her best friend is in love with him. Anyone else read/reading it + what do you think?

*Begins volume 2...*
Someone set us up the bomb!

Waya475

Re: "Kimagure Orange Road"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 03:09:41 PM »
I like it.  It is pretty predictable so far, but a very nice and fun read.

Offline Asian

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 05:13:08 PM »
im almost done reading it and its pretty long for a kinda manga like this but pretty good story line

Offline im_biggy

• Clean
  • I'm The master of Cooking Manga...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 05:25:41 AM »
Haven't Read the Manga, Seen LOTS of TV episodes when i was about 8 though...

Great Series... Doesn't get Jaded if you like 'summer of my youth' type stories, though it DOES drag after several episodes...

Offline pppqow

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 06:02:32 AM »
how long is it?
[g]

Offline L.O.T.U.

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 07:52:24 PM »
how long is it?

If i remember correctly, the series has 18 volumes.

I must said, i read the entire series, and i was really impressed.  Do any of you know the other works of this author? Thanks in advance.

"The future is not where my dream is... It's in the past...  That's where it will always be." -Uchiha Sasuke

Offline qball8001

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 01:24:15 AM »
Hey, I am new to the forums, and I was looking around for a good manga to get my hands on.  I stumbled onto some reviews about this manga.  I was really intrigued.  So, I started to look around for it since it was not licsenced.  And I happend to notice that it was only out on bit-torrent.  My college does not allow for bit-torrent/ dc++ or any other file share program out there.  The only way for me to get anime/manga is to have my friends send it to me via net.  I am able though to download directly from sites with my schools amazing bandwidth.  I was wondering if some of you can help me out with my quest to find it not on a bit torrent site.  If that fails.  I will pester my friends.  Thank you.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 08:18:56 AM »
Hey Hi all I have the series at home and thus no need for links. Now if you didn't know I think you can find the series at anime-wave or anime-source because I was reading Ichigo and I stumbled on it. so there you go!

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Incomplete

• Clean
  • Frog
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 07:58:02 PM »
I just finished reading this about 2 days ago and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I cruised through the first 14 volumes in one day but then I had to go to school camp so I had to have a break and when I came back I lost some of my enthusiasm about it. I liked the ending but it didn't really play out how I expected it to. Neway, it's pretty cool but it's not my fav by any means, very nice read tho and kept me interested.
--Incomplete--

Offline 7ice3

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2005, 09:21:51 PM »
how long is it?

If i remember correctly, the series has 18 volumes.

I must said, i read the entire series, and i was really impressed.  Do any of you know the other works of this author? Thanks in advance.

Tankouban=18
Wideban (slightly different ending)=16; I must say I like this version of the ending better. But it still doesn't compare to the first KOR movie.   :)

Well, Izumi Matsumoto has also come out with Sesame Street, and some other stuff, but they weren't as successful as KOR. You might want to visit his webpage at  http://www.comic-on.co.jp/index_e.html.

The fan translation group Mangaproject has translated the entire series. You can reach them at their website or on the IRC channel #mangaproject at IRCtoo.

Ichigo 100% God, I can't wait to see how it ends. It seems to me it's gonna end up a lot like KOR, and Manaka's gonna have to break a lot of hearts. Go go Toujou! Nishino has the baker's son anyway, and Satsuki... well, she'll probably end up with Amachi.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 09:23:40 PM by 7ice3 »

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 11:47:47 AM »
This is Kimagure Orange Road.

What does Kimagure means anyways?
What do you mean different endings? You mean the series were supposed to end at volume 16?

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline 7ice3

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »
This is Kimagure Orange Road.

What does Kimagure means anyways?
What do you mean different endings? You mean the series were supposed to end at volume 16?

Kimagure = capricious, whimsical -- often used to refer to Madoka's mood swings and the way things 'just happen' in the KOR universe.

And I believe the wideban has more stories per volume, so it has less volumes than the tankouban.

As for the different endings... they're just slightly different. See, KOR got axed quite suddenly from Shounen Jump and the ending was a little rushed, so Matsumoto took the time to draw some additional pages for the wideban so the ending would... um, end better. There's nothing important that you'll miss if you read the tankouban.

Here's a sample of an additional wideban page (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!):

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 01:42:19 AM »
Soka Soka, Then the ending i have at home (I actually have the manga) Is the one that has more pages in it?

Anyways, now I understand why the manga had such a harsh ending. I mean it was really harsh to finish it like that and anyways I would have thought of a better way to end it.
Then again I shouldn't say that since the mangaka had to rush things.

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 10:08:22 AM »
I read MangaProject's KoR and I'm pretty sure they added the wideban pages in the end.

What I liked after reading that ending was watching the movie, though. The Shin Kimagure Orange Road or Summer's Beginning one.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 06:38:42 PM »
Oh really? are the movies any good? If you could, could you please pm me where I could find them?
And are those the titles?