Author Topic: A horrible thing has happened...  (Read 9972 times)

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
Re: A horrible thing has happened...
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2004, 11:02:37 PM »
i actually agree with you completely on that. it makes actual sense.

:o bear my children?

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2004, 11:17:54 PM »
hahahahaha...

i'll think about it.  ;)

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2004, 06:06:45 AM »
The school does care though.  They told the students when his memorial thing was and I went yesterday.  And I think that someone said that his dad always told him he preferred his brother to him.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2004, 10:13:18 AM »
the thing is that people commit suicide in school or anywhere is because something happend in there lives which made them feel like life is not worth living,People make fun of them, they get no encourgment from other people or their parents they have no friends or they just want to die because their life is totally shit. Thats why i think people kill themselves
I still dont think they should kill themselves, if something is said bad about u and u know its not true (or if it is) dont take notice it doesnt matter. It is ur life u do what u want to. if u get let down u have to stay strong, if u have no friends u have to make friends u dont get them automaticlly. I have wanted to commit suicide a few times, i tried.... but i couldnt do it, life is worth living i can tell u that.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2004, 11:14:20 AM »
Suicide is the dumbest shit ever. If you really feel so bad about yourself that you have to try 666 to kill yourself then you are a sad little person. I do actually agree with Zeta though, about his little theory.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2004, 11:18:05 AM »
yup killing yourself isnt the best thing to do.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2004, 11:56:51 AM »
Thats sad...kids should stop killing themsleves over little shit like that

There was this one girl who ran up to the top of her school and while she was running up the staris she was screaming dont tell my dad dont tell my dad! and then she jumped off the roof and died.....dont know where but no one knows what she was talking about.

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2004, 02:18:33 PM »
didn't you know? killing yourself is the new cool thing to do!  ::)

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2004, 02:46:19 PM »
Sure, I agree, killing yourself isn't exactly the best way to go, however for some people, there are no other options.  Instead of being so hardcore about "killing yourself is stupid" and "they're fuckin' woosies" try to be a little more open-minded and possibly think of their reasoning.

Maybe their reason for killing themself was because of the way people think of them so narrow-mindedly. *shrugs*  Who knows at this point.  I'm not saying to give sympathy or anything like that, but eh, at least be respectful towards their actions to a certain extent.

When I was in Tokyo, the suicide rate was pretty low, or from what the tour guide told me, because if someone were to commit suicide, their family would get charged a LARGE fine for the inconvenience...nifty, eh? ^^;

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2004, 03:17:11 PM »
When I was in Tokyo, the suicide rate was pretty low, or from what the tour guide told me, because if someone were to commit suicide, their family would get charged a LARGE fine for the inconvenience...nifty, eh? ^^;

Kinda like the Chinese system, political opposition is shot and a bill is sent to the family for the bullet...
Hello!

cuteflyz89

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2004, 04:08:28 PM »
wow thats gotta suck for the parents.....how much do they get fined? lol

Offline AlphaUltima

• Ichitard #95127
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Momusutard
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2004, 04:56:19 PM »
suicide is such a broad term.
i'm sure you've heard of euthanization.
an old man who has lived a fairly long life has the right to choose whether he wants to pull the plug on his life support.
a young kid who's bullied into thinking life would be better off without him is a goddamn shame.
i suggest you go to the principal and talk over the handling of troubled students in your school system.  if not, send letters to your school district, your mayor, whatever.  get some shit done instead of sobbing it over a forum that can't do anything about it.
as for the chinese, when you have 1 billion people and you're trying to control all of them, killing a couple million doesn't sound so bad.  seriously they could have a bastille day any minute.

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2004, 05:54:56 PM »
Hmm...I'm sure that the kid had friends. Unfortunately, my lack of bonding with him makes my statement unsure.

Suicide is very crucial to the parents. They'll blame themselves that their child had problems. But, I doubt this.

I read yesterday's obituaries in the newspaper and I've read that he had a lot of brothers and a stepmother. Well, that's your answer right there. I know what it's like to live with a step-parent.

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline weredragon

• I hate my mother.
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2004, 05:34:28 PM »
Ethan had been in several of my classes over the years.

On Monday morning, they told us that he'd died over the weekend that the school mourned his loss. On Tuesday, they told us his funeral would be that night and almost every person in the school showed up.

The school is offering counseling for those effected by his suicide, and every teacher I had that day asked us if we were all okay with it, and if we wanted to talk to them about it. Also, students were allowed to skip classes that day and just stay in the bandroom or with a teacher that had a free period if they wanted to. The school did not just ignore his death.

And no, I don't blame Ethan's parents. Depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, not by your parents, unless you're thinking of heredity. You can tell me you have never gotten in a fight with your parents, and I'll either tell you you're lying or one or more of you is bottling up unhealthy feelings.

Besides that, it would be stupid to just kill yourself because of a fight with your parents. There was lots more than that. He stole a car, he was facing jail time. He'd been having lots of problems with his family recently, a normal teenage thing. But he also had depression. I don't know, maybe his family thought he was fine and wouldn't let him get treated, maybe he never told anyone.

I do feel bad for Dylan though...Ethan's twin brother, he was the first one to see him dead on Sunday morning. Ethan had many, many friends, and we all mourn his passing and miss him terribly and wish this had never happened.

And Jess...have you been absent or something? Because if you'd been here at all you would have known they didn't just ignore it. Don't always trust Justine. She tends to exagerate a lot.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 05:41:54 PM by weredragon »

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2004, 07:41:18 PM »
I still don't understand why you're showing intrest/emotion over some idiot who decides to kill himself. Would you start to cry if some idiot in Canada kills himself because he got a parking ticket?

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.