Author Topic: A horrible thing has happened...  (Read 9999 times)

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
A horrible thing has happened...
« on: September 13, 2004, 12:47:58 PM »
Well, I was sick from school today when I heard the shocking news. My friend Justine called me to see how I was, and then...the news was exposed. A boy (name concealed) who's in the same grade as me commited suicide over a parent altercation. My mouth dropped, and I was actually frightened. The boy locked himself in his room, and never came out.

What do you think my school did? They said to ignore the problem and to pretend like it never happened. What about the boy's friends who needs consoling over his demise?

And the scary thing is...I knew the boy from 9th grade. I barely knew this boy, but i wanted to cry over his loss.

I blame his parents for his death. Do you think so?

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
Re: A horrible thing has happened...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:56:39 PM »
... wow...
that's horrible...
don't forget, or act like it never happened. i'd raise hell at school, too, if i were in your position...
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »
The same thing happend in my school but the person didn't lock their selves in their room and never came out. The person in my school took a overdose of drugs and she did this because of her parents and the people in school always bullied her. I didn't know her i think she was in yr 10 what happens in the world these days are unbelievable.

Cherry

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 03:09:24 PM »
Your school/district is fucking messed up. what fuckers. if a student died, then they should be recognized and mourned for. not fucking ignored.

I knew a guy that hung himself in the locker room and died like two years ago. we still mourn for him to this day, we still talk about him, he has his own mural in our school , and a whole page about him in the year books.

And, his parents probably already feel like shitsters. If my kid killed himself. i'd probably go crazy. i feel bad for his parents. It was probably just a misunderstanding, an argument or w/e is absolutly no reason to take your own life. :( thats so sad..

Waya475

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 03:14:26 PM »
People who commit suicide do it for one of 2 reasons.  The one I have seen most often is very selfish.  They don't want to deal with pain, so they kill themselves, without thinking of how it will make others feel.  The other is that they feel the world will be better off without them, but in this case, it could go either way.

I don't think making a big deal about it is a very good idea, but to each his/her own.

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 03:24:56 PM »
There was some 17 old kid here who had some personal problems and had been seeing some kind of case worker.  She was aparently over for a home visit and the kid stabbed her to death and wounded his mother
Now Watching: 

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 04:14:38 PM »

bummer.

The thing I would like to debate here , is when one is in a situation like those described above ; which is better suicide or homicide?

Were it I in his case , I would rather take life, than give it up , however i am vindictive by nature and rebellious because that is the key to achieving idealism , at least as I see it.

Note- I do not mean to be insensitive , just inquisitive.

As for the school's cold shoulder to the situation, I think the key here draws from monetary concerns due to the fact that liability for the death will of course be placed on the school's apparent failure to recognize the usual signs.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 04:17:27 PM by Sandalphon »

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

Offline amievil

• Yanime Dick
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Your great superior.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 04:17:26 PM »
Reaching idealistic goals by unidealistic ways? Well, I guess you're an "the ends justify the means" kind of person then...

Trying to compare suicide and homicide is outrageous. Murder is murder.
Shut the fuck up.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 04:48:23 PM »
Since when did they say to ignore it?  Every single homeroom teacher had to read a letter starting with "It's our sincerest regrets to inform you that _____ ____ has passed away over the weekend"  Everyone in the school knows.  They even brought counselors from other schools over, in case people needed to talk.  I was okay during school but when I was on the bus and the person I was talking to left, I started crying a little.  When I went home, I cried a lot.  My mom keeps telling me to stop and get over it.  And yes, I'm still crying.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 04:49:25 PM »
Well when you say that it is very selfish for a person to take his life because he can't take the pain he has in life and it makes others feel bad is in my opinion selfish itself. Why would a person who is going through alot of pain keep going through it just to make others happy. That in itself is selfish. I do not believe in suicide or anything but the reason that was given is very selfish in itself.

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 05:41:14 PM »
OMFG!!! GOD!! I don't know what to say.... its like... i know the person but i reallly don't... i want to cry now. Thats horrible. If you don't want to cry... then just act like it diddn't happen... and you will proably notice that... he's not at school anymore and that will make you remember. :'(
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 06:25:47 PM »
first of all, it's a little stupid to make assumptions on why the person killed themselves. you can say "i think it was because of their parents", but the truth is we'll never know just what made them do it. only the said person (who is already gone now) will know why they were driven to suicide.

and it is very rude of your school to not do any kind of memorial stuff for the kid. i mean, it's not like it was a tragic death by 'chubby bunny'... but they're still gone, and should be remembered. no matter how they went out. when you ignore a problem, it usually only gets worse because you're oppressing it... and so on.

death doesn't affect me as much as it used to these days. maybe it's because i watch some shows with death themes... haha, but i think the real reason is because i realized a long time ago that everything dies at some point. it's not as depressing as you'd think. when you realize that, then death is a little easier. everyone has to do it.

by the way, chubby bunny is a game where you stuff marshmallows into your mouth and try to say chubby bunny... a girl at my school when i was in 5th grade died by choking while playing that game. or, apparently that's how it happened. there were rumors that it was something else, because apparently she didn't die when she had the marshmallows in her mouth. i don't know. i wasn't in the same room at the time. it was at a school carnival. but anyway. my school even gave out information on memorial services, like the wake and the funeral and all that. then we made a big poster in the hallway where people could write things on it... and such. it was rather sad.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 06:35:06 PM »

--------SNIP---------------

by the way, chubby bunny is a game where you stuff marshmallows into your mouth and try to say chubby bunny... a girl at my school when i was in 5th grade died by choking while playing that game. or, apparently that's how it happened.

--------SNIP---------------

that's just.............sad, guess that's as good incentive as any to keep that IQ up, kiddies.

Death by marshmellow, haven't seen that on "Dead Like Me" yet..........

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2004, 06:37:13 PM »
i'd be a little shocked to see it though. i mean, i'd expect something goofy like that, but it would kinda freak me out...

but it doesn't matter, it's one of my favorite shows

anyway!

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 07:17:47 PM »
I despise people that commit suicide. That is the most dishonorable and dumbest way to die. No matter what happens in your life, you never commit suicide. What a fucking pansy.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.