Author Topic: Betterman  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
Betterman
« on: September 10, 2004, 08:23:33 PM »

saw an ep on late night G4TechTv of this series and i got one question-

what the hell is it?

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

Waya475

Re: Betterman
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 08:29:52 PM »
An anime.

OO7

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:21:24 PM »
betterman is a...well i watch the show but it's hared to explain.

I love late night G4thchTv!!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 10:23:05 PM by OO7 »

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 10:24:15 PM »
It's pretty hard to understand. Kind of like Lain, Boogiepop Phantom, and Silent Mobius. You have to pretty much watch the whole series to get any of it. TechTV has a knack for showing those types. Anyway, it's pretty much a group fighting a mystyrious organization/force called Algernon. There are also these people who can eat something and become some sort of cool monster that can use sounds at different frequencies to destroy enemies. I forget their names but it is still a pretty cool anime and I like it alot. It's deffinitely worth a watch.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 10:34:52 PM »

.....................................Boogiepop Phantom?

k.

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

OO7

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 10:36:56 PM »
It's pretty hard to understand. Kind of like Lain, Boogiepop Phantom, and Silent Mobius.
Wat the Hell was up with those shows? ???

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 10:39:24 PM »
I love lain and Boogiepop Phantom is a pretty good anime. I can't stand Silent Mobius though.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

OO7

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 10:41:37 PM »
I can't stand Silent Mobius though.
You siad it!! ;D

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 10:46:45 PM »
I hate it but the opening them song to it is one of the best I've heard. I love it. Lain is really hard to understand and Boogiepop Phantom is pretty much about different stories about wierd abnormal abilities and happenings. I don't know. Even that one is a little hard for me to understand.

OO7

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 05:22:21 PM »
Wops got off subject! :P

Betterman is an OK show...sortove.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 12:04:48 PM by OO7 »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 09:47:44 AM »
.....................................Boogiepop Phantom?

k.

You have never heard of it? O_o

I hate it but the opening them song to it is one of the best I've heard. I love it. Lain is really hard to understand and Boogiepop Phantom is pretty much about different stories about wierd abnormal abilities and happenings. I don't know. Even that one is a little hard for me to understand.

Eh, you'll get it once you watch it 3 times. Its just a little tough to understand since they jump around the whole series...

And as for Betterman, I have never seen it and I don't care to. *shrug*

anything