final fantasy 7
fianl fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
final fantasy 10
final fantasy 10-2
final fantasy 11
finla fantasy tactics
final fantasy anthology

Author Topic: which final fantasy u like?  (Read 12331 times)

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
Re: which final fantasy u like?
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »
why do you have FFXIII when you still dont have a PS3?

they say that FFXIII has too many bugs that its just the greatest rip off game.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2010, 07:35:42 AM »
When it comes to the storylines of the Final Fantasy series I would have to say that Final Fantasy 8 had an interesting storyline that I liked. Final Fantasy 9 had the charm of the games from the beginning of the series with many twists which is always great. Overall, the Final Fantasy that had the best storyline and therefore the best, at least in my opinion, is Final Fantasy Tactics.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »
X-2? is online isnt that FFXI?

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 05:36:37 AM »
ff 11 is online. ff10 and x-2 are definatly ps2.
personally, I like x-2. They brought back the old system style without having too much characters.

I like how 13 is, it's a new play style that gives you a lot of strategic ideas. Thus the mobs must be tough for this play style. However it still needs some improvement, should be able to go through the game without having to debuff  or buff a lot.

Offline Yukio

• Addict
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 04:17:26 PM »
I have not gotten around to getting Final Fantasy XIII. Is the story fairly good and is long enough to provide a few weeks of entertainment or is it quite short?

Maybe someday instead of coming up with more complicated options in a battle they return to the way it used to be using a more simple menu in order to win each battle much like how Final Fantasy 7 and 8 was. In all honesty though when it comes to combat I would have to say that the following games have a combat system that would work well will the Final Fantasy games: Rogue Galaxy, Chrono Cross, Radiata Stories and Legend of the Dragon.

Of course, that is my own personal opinion.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
I agree with you on that one Yukio

and how bout a battle system like Mana Khemia? i like how you can overpower your opponents with Combos and Finishing Strikes, and itll look much better than with 6strikes per one atk instead on 1Strike per atk(Excluding Limit Breaks)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 05:31:24 AM »
ahh chrono cross, even I didn't play that game long, still one of the best ps games invented.

oh and about ff13, the story is long, perhaps too long. all of th leves are a straight line. seriously, at first ur glad that theres no dungeon withn long hallways and too many routes, but after awhile you will miss the long eic dungeons.

Every battle is an epic battle. For the first 10 lvls ( yes 10 lvls and ur still not halfway through the game), it will be easy. The moment u start 3 man teams for a second time it will be difficult. When it finally lets u choose ur party, u must take every battle as a boss battle. The only difference betwenn a boss fight and a regular fight is just the length of the fight. Other than that, if u screw up or are too slow to execute commands, consider urself dead.

battles are nice and epic though
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:41:18 AM by fightingmelee »

Offline Yukio

• Addict
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
I have to say that is starting to sound quite interesting. It is good that it is quite long and the difficulty sounds quite nice as long as the battle system is fluid and easy to use.

In terms of difficulty though I believe Rogue Galaxy would be much like what you mentioned though it is was more grinding, which was quite fun actually with the battle system and everything else, with battles that required extensive use of healing potions in even the shortest battles. lol

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »
Personally i am eagerly awaiting an English release for  Final Fantasy Agito XIII. I mean, it's like they took the plot straight from some manga - a group of students at some magical academy fighting to save the world!!! And i heard that the game play is gonna be the similar to the real time action battle system from Crisis Core so it's gonna be epic XD
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2010, 06:09:09 AM »
I have to say that is starting to sound quite interesting. It is good that it is quite long and the difficulty sounds quite nice as long as the battle system is fluid and easy to use.

In terms of difficulty though I believe Rogue Galaxy would be much like what you mentioned though it is was more grinding, which was quite fun actually with the battle system and everything else, with battles that required extensive use of healing potions in even the shortest battles. lol

The battles do take up a lot of time, even to the point where u can save pretty much anywhere.
Also once u learn cure, potions will become uselss, exspecially when ur hp sky rockets after each upgrade. (not lvl upgrade, imagine ff 10)
There some downside to the battle system like range and distance, it affects which move to automatically use. The best thing I like about the game besides stagger point, u use no mp ^^

Personally i am eagerly awaiting an English release for  Final Fantasy Agito XIII. I mean, it's like they took the plot straight from some manga - a group of students at some magical academy fighting to save the world!!! And i heard that the game play is gonna be the similar to the real time action battle system from Crisis Core so it's gonna be epic XD

I didn't like crisis core so much, not gonna like agito

FF6 was a brillant game and one of the best storylines. I like that you learn magic from Espers, it made sense. But FF7 just had the better storyline and main villian.
not sure if I played 6, cloud was 7 right?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:09:48 AM by fightingmelee »

anything