final fantasy 7
fianl fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
final fantasy 10
final fantasy 10-2
final fantasy 11
finla fantasy tactics
final fantasy anthology

Author Topic: which final fantasy u like?  (Read 12291 times)

Offline pppqow

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: which final fantasy u like?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2004, 06:01:46 AM »
VIII's juctioning made it so easy to cheat. i dont really have a favorite between any of the FF games so i didnt choose any of them
[g]

Offline Youko Kenshin

• Infamous Bishounen Hunter
  • Budding Addict
    • MySpace Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2004, 04:56:29 PM »
Dammit people...where's the 16-bit love!?  >:(

But my personal faves are FFIII (NES, never came out here), FFV, FFVII, FFIX, and FF: Crystal Chronicles (GC).

I'm a Selkie Shark Eyes! (Shown below, front right)  ;D

Offline Dakar

• Budding Addict
  • I'm no damn freak I'm a Final Fantasy Fanatic.
    • A World of Poetry
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2004, 08:40:45 AM »
FF7 for me cause it was my fav. but other than that it will be 12 when it comes out.
The world is not enough for one man.... I want more!!!

Offline Tseng

• Clean
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2004, 10:18:46 PM »
My favourites are Final Fantasy 7, followed by Final Fantasy 6

i find that a lot of people that vote for 10, haven't played its predecessors, making pages like this jibbing results up for people who are seeking to play the best final fantasy.

i'm an rpg fan, and why ff7?
FF7 = best plot, and gameplay. and even tho ppl continually critisize cloud's blocky arms, I reckon the whole cartoon look was really koo. GRAPHICS DO NOT MAKE A GOOD GAME~!!!!
FF6 next = becuz it too had an awesome storyline only a little lesser than FF7. Kefka is a betta villain in my opinion than sephiroth. :X and there are so many diff. characters each having a good character indepth look making the game a very worthwhile gaming experience.
i really liked FFX, and i'd put it next....but i also really liked FF8 and 9. .. Final Fantasy 8 becuz of the mercenary bravado feeling, and 9 becuz it was all so carefree and charming.

hehe, and i agree ff8's junctioning system was a little cheap. the equipping 100 death spells onto attack...made it all so ever cheap....and regardiing some1's post earlier. How the hell is Rinoa a slut....?!?????...
i kinda like this quote from a previous forumz site regarding ff8 and a discussion on Squall and Rinoa. it goes something like dis...
[warning...does consist a spoiler]
"Would it be great if at the end of FF8, General Caraway appears, where Squall and Rinoa are kissing at the very end"
General Caraway: "You do know Squall, that is your sister rite?"
Squall: "...."
Squall: "......shit"

Offline Kite

• Still a hopeless romantic
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »
i lovethem all

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
    • www.friendster.com/harmless05
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 09:09:14 AM »
FF8 is d best...my ava shows how i love it ^^

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 12:59:12 AM »
love the avatar darkbleach ;D

Offline darkbleach05

• Budding Addict
  • Im`Harmless
    • www.friendster.com/harmless05
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 01:17:19 AM »
thanks kite ^_^
FF8 for me is that start of a big change after FF7...
and i just got some info's that squaresoft is planning on creating a FF8-2
wao woudnt it be nice?  :D
and also i think i heard they were also planning on creating a movie weeeee

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
my fave will always be ffX because of the replayability
I hated X2 because of the stupid dress spheres :P

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 08:13:35 AM »
anyone played dissidia yet?

heres a question did your fave FF affect the first chara you wanted to use?

i know mine did, i ended up playing Squall(and found out hes pretty good as well) since i like FF8 a lot, im pretty good a playing him right bout now.

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 07:35:00 AM »

"Would it be great if at the end of FF8, General Caraway appears, where Squall and Rinoa are kissing at the very end"

wait?! are they really related.
I love ff games but I never beat one of them

and the game for me. i like tactics the best, it makes think on ur feet and pray that the next attack won't screw u over while ur trying to revive ppl.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:36:12 AM by fightingmelee »

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 10:22:03 PM »

wait?! are they really related.
I love ff games but I never beat one of them

and the game for me. i like tactics the best, it makes think on ur feet and pray that the next attack won't screw u over while ur trying to revive ppl.
The game never said that, nor is there any proof of it.
[Spoiler]
ok so Julia Heartily (rinoas mom) is Laguna Liore's former lover(Squalls Dad) but shit happened and they got separated, through the course of time they got married with another partner Julia with caraway and Laguna with Raine.

more detailed info:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Julia_Heartilly
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Laguna_Loire

Or Just play FF8 it really not half bad.

There are also rumors going about saying:
-Ultimacia(the final boss) is actually rinoa from the future that went rouge after squall died.

-That Squall really died in the first disk and what we saw in the rest of the disk are just his dreams.
http://squallsdead.com/
heres some good reading if your interested.
[end of spoiler]

try playing FF7 Fightingmelee, the graphics might be crappy but the storys good.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:31:06 PM by Kite »

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2010, 03:13:33 AM »
I read that "Squallsdead" site, and the theory has potential, but it disregards alot of the story and at parts it seems to me that the guy who wrote it didn't pay as much attention to detail as he should've (especially when it came down to the Moombas and NORG). The theory is pretty solid but he makes comments about how the story didn't make sense the way it was written, when it actually did. I'm not going to go into it unless if people really want me to.

I like the theory though. It created a new spin on the story and made me think about it for a bit.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kite

• Seriously Addicted
  • Distancia Fantheem
    • Neko-Hana
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
yeah it made me re-asses the game again, the game really has some plot holes that need more explaining to be more clear(so does the rest of the final fantasy franchise) like squall getting Pierced with Ice Javelin and getting electrocuted and never dying(though i just keep thinking that hes a mercenary, hes trained for those kinds of things or he's just lucky)

[spoiler]
About the Moombas and NORG. NORG was fully explained as to way he never made a prior appearance before the breakout at Balamb. He was the financial backing for SeeD, but due to a political power struggle (assumption), Cid was able to retain SeeD (Edea's and his creation) while NORG went underground, biding his time. A good example is when someone wants to start a business but needs financial backing in order to get off the ground (not enough cash flow from customers, other problems, etc) so they seek out someone with the means. Now this is saying the person they find isn't exactly the ideal person one would want to deal with but they figure its the best way about it. So they take the money not realizing that a year maybe several years, the guy will be back to claim whats his.

Now about the Moombas, keep in mind Squall has been pretty isloated in every place he's lived. Aside from the orphanage and the Balamb Island, Squall hasn't been much anywhere else. And its easily assumed that Moombas aren't that common in places as in others. Its like if you go to Japan, you're really not going to see alot of Europeans or African Americans. Not saying you're not going to see them period, its just highly uncommon to find alot of them there. In fact the only places we really see Moombas are in Shuumi Village, Esthar, D District Prison and maybe Timber if my memory serves correctly (don't count Lunatic Pandora as thats a floating machine not a city). Those are pretty specific spots and considering the size of the world we're given, that leaves alot of space to cover.

As far as the ballroom scene, its actually implied (if not directly said), later in the first disc, that Rinoa actually went there to find Cid to petition for SeeD help (or to finalize the deal for SeeD help). Its also brought up the moment she talks about "Fond summer memories...". Its implied here that it was a long time ago and that since then, aside from the help she recieved from Seifer into getting help from SeeD, their relationship pretty much stalled and ended. The fact he broke out of jail to help Rinoa in a time of need could easily show the lingering affections he had for her, and vice versa when she talked about him during his "supposed death". Granted I will say that implications are still open to interpertation, this is just how I see this entire romance fiasco between Seifer and Rinoa being.

Now with Seifer going over to Edea's side, it makes perfect sense. Let me explain. Prior to Squall's death Seifer says this:

Seifer: "I prefer to be called her knight. This has always been my dream."

Now granted hindsight is 20/20, but if we knew what we knew by disc 3, that Rinoa is a sorceress, it puts this into correct context. They we're trying to go for a "who's a better team" kind of look. Of course, being as predictable and obvious as it is, Squall and Rinoa would come up on top (considering the main character is Squall). Also you can look at it as a continuation of the rivalry. In disc one when Seifer and Squall team up, its made apparently obvious that Squall and Seifer dislike helping each other in any which way or form unless if "ordered" to. Even the dialogue in the town square during the battle seemed like they were just trying to get under each other's skins, but still had the respect for each other's skills. Everytime after disc one, that Squall and Seifer fight each other, Seifer tries to say things to rile him up and get under his skin like before. Pretty much we can assume that Seifer was just using Edea in his own way, to best Squall. Remember as you continue to go through the game, he gets more powerful so we can also assume Edea's teaching him something, whether its new spells or new techniques. She is a sorceress after all and its not like during the time in between each meeting, that they just sit around twiddling their thumbs. It is also implied in the 3rd or 4th disc (can't remember which) we get a flashback to the cut scene where Edea revives Seifer after the battle in Galbadia Garden. It specifically shows Ultimecia, kinda behind the scenes, being the puppeter. With that being said we can also assumed she brain-washed or put some sort of suggestion in Seifer's brain to make him stay on that side to help her. So by assuming Squall is still alive after disc one, everything I just explained here about Seifer makes alot of sense (or at least I hope so to everyone).

Last, but not least, the ending. Only half the ending supports the thoery of Squall's death. Ask yourself this: If Squall was dead by disc one, what was the significance behind showing the floating space scene or anything else that happened after disc one? Not to mention the fact showing all the characters in an "epilogue" manner (showing what happened to them after the ending of the game). Now granted this is to assume that Square intentionally wanted us to come to this conclusion of Squall's death. Unintentionally, of course you really can't count much of the ending in anything, FF or otherwise cause the ending is the resolution and pretty much explains the whole story to us (in most cases).

I will say though, I like this theory and up to this point, I've never had to think about the FF8 story as much as I have done now. I wish there was more concrete evidence to support Squall's death as that probably would've made for even a greater story. Think about it, main character dies by first disc yet you have no clue until the end? I've never seen Vanilla Sky or the other movies mentioned, but by what was said, I'm extremely intrigued.

[spoiler]

this is one good post from a guest named Saitohajime101....101....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:48:23 PM by Kite »

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »
I like FFVII, FFX and FFXII the best.

Although FFXIII looks very promising, i own a copy of FFXIII but i don't have a PS3 yet...I'm itching to play it...
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.