Author Topic: TaeGukGi  (Read 2628 times)

Cherry

TaeGukGi
« on: September 04, 2004, 01:49:14 PM »

TaeGukGi, The Brotherhood of War

( taegukgi in korean translates into the korean flag)

It is a film by Korea, that has made a monster hit in all of asia, especially japan and korea of course.

When brothers Lee Jin-tae and Lee Jin-seok are drafted into the military to fight in the Korean War, older brother Jin-tae tries to protect his brother from the harsh realities of war, resulting in conflicts that wear away at his own humanity.

And the two main actors are two of my favorite actors in Korea. And these actors are extremly good. trust me,ive seen their other films. lol, i wouldnt expect many of you to know anything about this, but i am just recomending it. It is obviously very very very good because it was and still is a phenomenon in asia, it is so big that they are actually showing it here in america, but only in select theatres. I'm going to go see it in skokie this monday├é┬  ;D

And people are telling me to make sure to bring a paper towel roll...waterworks a guaranteed.

Anyone know anything about it? it would make me super happy to hear some people here that know how good it is. I am already oozing with korean pride XD
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 01:51:13 PM by Cherry »

Cherry

Re: TaeGukGi
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 04:01:35 PM »
Well...then...i guess no one knows what the heck im talking about ^_^'

Well i just got back from the crowne theatres and i saw it and omg. this one just blew me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the whole theatre was packed with asians XD and EVERYONE cried. even my moms boyfriend and hes this huge burly man that works with guns and stuff..he cried..everyone did. i cried right when it started ^_^'' i think like every 5 min. i got teary/cried. its such an emotionaly deep film. it will leave you looking at the Koreans and your own borthers and sisters and family a whole diffrent way.it was seriously good. a zillion times better than any movie ive ever laid my eyes on.

If you go see it, it will change your life in one way or another, it is that deep and touching, especially if you are korean or if you are educated in our cultures, you will so get it, and even if you are not korean/educated you will still be, maybe even more blown away. but i know this film is a huge thing for koreans, this film is the kind of film you will never forget. it touches upon so many delicate and fragile feautures with grace and beauty!

At some parts, i just had to close my eyes or hold my breathe from gagging or maybe even fainting, some scenes are too emotionaly deep. you guys really should go see this movie, and if you do, get ready to be changed, and bring a hankie ^__^

and dude, all you Won Bin fans out there...he's so totally cute in this movie..as always i suppose XD he just touched my heart. this whole movie did.  :'( :-*

:'( :-* :o
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 04:03:04 PM by Star »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 04:12:20 AM »
Indeed, can't wait to see it... but my Korean movie list of DVDs to buy is just so long... it might be a while before I get it. ^^;;

Offline Kagemusha

• Clean
  • Eater of Souls
    • Otaku Den
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 04:05:43 PM »
This movie is awesome...(except for the scenes with the CGI planes...) and Won Bin indeed is a sexy mofo...but nothing can compare to the ultimate badass....JANG DONG-GUN thats right hes a one man army in this film... and he is the man (Friend, Nowhere to Hide, 2009, The Coastguard...) he is crazy ...

but yes it is very sad...and a good history lesson for the poor fools who know nothing of Korean history (cause the american school system isnt interested in asia...even though we had a large hand in creating this war and the tyranny and brutal suppression that followed....

and pete...of course i own it so youll see it this summer...

Thou shalt be smited by my mighty wrath...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 07:02:57 AM »
but yes it is very sad...and a good history lesson for the poor fools who know nothing of Korean history (cause the american school system isnt interested in asia...even though we had a large hand in creating this war and the tyranny and brutal suppression that followed....

How many times did I ask history teachers why we never read the chapters at the end of the books on Japan, China, and Korea? Fuckers.

and pete...of course i own it so youll see it this summer...

We should just not rent much this summer and just watch all of your fucking asian movies I have yet to see. You buy too quickly while you are away!

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
someone mentioned this movie in history class today, since we're learning about the Korean War. my teacher said he'll watch it, and if he thinks it's good enough, he'll have a showing of it after school some day for extra credit. if that ever occurs, i'll definitely go and see it.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 08:31:34 PM »
It's a great film. And if you're not Korean, there's a certain aspect to it you will never understand.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.