Author Topic: Why do people want to change? what are they afraid of?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
Re:Why do people want to change? what are they afraid of?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 08:36:07 PM »
change is good and change is bad. It all depends how you feel?

Offline AnimeLover19

• Slightly Buzzed
  • complex one....
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2004, 09:53:07 PM »
I also agree change is good or bad. It just depends how people look at it. And many don't have the same opinion about it. Ja ne. ^_~

Their love will always be......forever and ever.....¤~§~¤

Offline Tonyf9685

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Me - sports and anime fanatic (and proud of it!)
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 10:01:02 PM »
Change doesn't necessarily correlate with fear.  Just because a person wants change in their life, it doesn't mean they are afraid of something.  For example, a person can change their lifestyle, because they are unhappy with what they are doing, or they think that change could be good for them.  People want to change for many reasons, but the majority of change has to do with trying to better yourself or a situation, if you ask me.  ^_^
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?  ^_~   Also, I believe that if the RED SOX can win the World Series, the Lions can win the Super Bowl.  Who wants to disagree?  (*glares menacingly*)

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
Re:Why do people want to change?
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 10:08:48 PM »
I mean don't they lie when they change??? You may not like the way you look but that doesn't mean you don't have a great personality i mean i dont like the way i look but i love who i am. If everyone changed something the whole world would be one big lie right?? i think it would just be one big lie

I wouldn't really call it a "lie" when they change.  What if some person was living a lie in the first place?  Then wouldn't it be good if they made a change for the better?
Meh.

What if someone's personality was crappy, or what if someone had low self esteem?  In that case, wouldn't change be good in the least?  Or should that person live with their low self esteem for the rest of their lives?  In fear of others, or what others might think, etc.  That of course, is just how I think.  Others might disagree...

I guess for this topic, it depends on your perspective, and how others perceive it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 10:09:28 PM by Uber Ewok »

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 02:50:38 AM »
When you get down to it, all humans want is happiness. People change things because they are not happy. Even if change causes unhappiness they change to try to be happy. Sadly society is essentially shallow and tells us the stupidest things make us happy and for a while they do until wear off. The things that cause lasting happiness cannot be bought, and are hard for most people to find.
Hello!

Offline harunosakura

• Clean
Re: Why do people want to change? what are they afraid of?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2004, 08:22:34 PM »
some people are forced to change because one person dosnt like how he/she is or how they act when he/she was fine with how they were. but if he/she didnt change then the person would get really mad and never talk to him/her again    :-\

Offline OTenshi

• Clean
  • I'm a good little monkey, I swear!!!
Re: Why do people want to change? what are they afraid of?
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2004, 07:11:01 AM »
Change isn't good or bad.  Where the change leads to, and the reasons for the change can be good or bad, though. 

Michael can't chop off his nose, PrinJess, that's what happens when you have too many surgeries.  The cartilage looses it's strength, the veins and arteries collapse, and you end up looking like that.  We aren't starfish, we can't regenerate indefinitely, and he went too far.