Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Re: Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2004, 02:36:29 PM »
I was a 52 rdm , had both genkais done up to lvl 60, had AF1 and 2, had all jobs unlocked and several lvld and i had 1+million gil worth of items and all spells up to date, got bored sold the account for 500dollars

Pretty cool, although for some reason, I wouldn't feel right selling my account. =/ I guess it's a good way to make a little money, but when I think about all the time I've spent, I wouldn't want anyone on the account that I spent forever playing on.

And besides, what kinda lazyass wants to start from lvl 50+? >_< Not to mention they'd probably be clueless about what's going on in parties, then kinda ruin your good name. ^_^;;

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2004, 03:14:14 PM »
Thats pretty cool.  I may have to do that, build my char way up and then sell it.   ;D  I got my white mage up to 22, will hit 23 tonight.  Funny story.  I was in a party and this guy kept trying to trade, but it seemed like he was trading nothing.  The third time I looked and he was offering me 5000 gill.  So I click ok, and ask him in a tell what that was for.  He was like what are you talking about.  Awhile later he seems to have figured it out, and wants it back.  I am like fine, no big deal, its not mine.  So I start the trade and he cancels and says to just keep it.  I was like I am not going to argue with free gill.  Especially when its enough for a raise scroll.   ;D
Now Watching: 

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2004, 08:37:14 PM »
Haha...

I'm lvl 45 now. =)

Had two awesome parties the last couple days, then today I had a horrible party that was just really unorganized. >_<

The 2 Japanese people in the party kept making fun of the PLD, which I thought was amusing. =p The Japanese DRK eventually got sick of the PLD and said he had to go because he felt tired. <_<;; From there, it just got worse, until we finally disbanded.

But... At least I'm halfway to 46. I think I'll be 50 when Chains comes out afterall. =p
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 08:37:37 PM by Cgoten »

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2004, 02:59:15 PM »
I got my white mage to 24, and with the asistance of my LS got to Rank 4 for Sandoria.  Now I can't figure how to get rank points, I wonder if I have to go back to Sandoria for that.  I need to go to Selbina for Raise scroll. 
Now Watching: 

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2004, 03:51:45 PM »
I got my white mage to 24, and with the asistance of my LS got to Rank 4 for Sandoria.  Now I can't figure how to get rank points, I wonder if I have to go back to Sandoria for that.  I need to go to Selbina for Raise scroll. 

Yeah, you gotta go to Sandy to get Rank Points.

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2004, 06:44:56 PM »

did you guys get the kimono from doing the moogle missions during summerfest? if so, was there a goldfish scooping skill or activity added sometime after, cuz that's when i stopped playing and i was just interested cuz it took forever for me to get that Lord's Yakuta +1

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2004, 09:53:44 AM »

Yeah, you gotta go to Sandy to get Rank Points.
I was able to trade crystals to the gate guards in Jueno (the ones that will give you signet) and get the start of the 4th mission.  I am going to wait until I hit 25 and do the davoi one with my wht because it doesn't require fighting.  The other ones I will have to get help from my LS.  I went to selbina last night, and bought two raise scrolls for about 5500 each.  I went back to Jueno and sold one for 8000 (could have gotten more on AH, but I didn't have enough to pay the exorbant fees at the Jueno AH) to what apeared to be a Pld.  This was all after spending over two hours trying to get the updates downloaded.  My Wht is 24, should be 25 by the end of the week, then I will probably lvl my thief to 15 and go back to lvling my pld. 
Now Watching: 

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2004, 03:29:27 PM »
did you guys get the kimono from doing the moogle missions during summerfest? if so, was there a goldfish scooping skill or activity added sometime after, cuz that's when i stopped playing and i was just interested cuz it took forever for me to get that Lord's Yakuta +1

Yeah, I got the Lord's Yukata. Goldfishing was kinda dumb. The best thing about the Lord's Yukata is just that it looks awesome.  :P

I was able to trade crystals to the gate guards in Jueno (the ones that will give you signet) and get the start of the 4th mission.  I am going to wait until I hit 25 and do the davoi one with my wht because it doesn't require fighting.  The other ones I will have to get help from my LS.  I went to selbina last night, and bought two raise scrolls for about 5500 each.  I went back to Jueno and sold one for 8000 (could have gotten more on AH, but I didn't have enough to pay the exorbant fees at the Jueno AH) to what apeared to be a Pld.  This was all after spending over two hours trying to get the updates downloaded.  My Wht is 24, should be 25 by the end of the week, then I will probably lvl my thief to 15 and go back to lvling my pld. 

Ah, didn't know you could donate to guards in Jeuno. And, before you do Oztroja and Beadeaux for M10, you should probably be lvl 40. You'll get aggroed a lot at lower lvls.'

Too bad there's maintainance for a few more hours. >_< I need to lvl! Seeing as a few other people in my LS just hit lvl 50, I bet I'll end up doing Genkai 1 soon too...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 03:30:35 PM by Cgoten »

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2004, 11:05:06 PM »

um you're wrong the yagudos in the castle aggo you wven when ur lvl 50, so bring someone of a REAL high lvl like a DRK or someone that can obliterate or somehow kill the aggros quick cuz otherwise ur boned, and i think we all know how "well" those sneak/invis/deodorize spells really work  ::)

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2004, 10:17:38 AM »
Yeah, I will have to get some major help from my linkshell.  I think there is like a lvl 45 Pld, and a equally high wht and drk.  Don't know what else we got.  I will try to arange it.  I will probably do the davoi part on my own since it doesn't involve killing anything.  I am working on Pld, and need to lvl thief as well
Now Watching: 

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2004, 02:29:14 PM »
um you're wrong the yagudos in the castle aggo you wven when ur lvl 50, so bring someone of a REAL high lvl like a DRK or someone that can obliterate or somehow kill the aggros quick cuz otherwise ur boned, and i think we all know how "well" those sneak/invis/deodorize spells really work  ::)

I said you'll get aggroed "a lot" at lvls lower than 40. Not that you won't get aggroed at all at lvl 40.

I got Chains the other day. I'm at the part where you need to go to Promyvion, but I haven't done any of them yet. My party for Promyvion-Holla fell through once most of us already got there. >_<

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2004, 01:50:07 PM »
I am up to rank 5, lvl 33 Pld, and have unlocked all jobs except nin and sam.  I keep going between lvling and lumberjacking for gil, or just wandering aimlessley or helping random peoples
Now Watching: 

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2004, 04:03:22 PM »
Cool.

I haven't played much lately. =/ Still a lvl 49 DRG.

Offline Miroku the Monk :D

• Clean
  • Bear My Child!
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »
I heard this game was kind of a grind-fest and had no PvP.

I'm going with World of Warcraft.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2004, 03:13:38 PM »
I heard this game was kind of a grind-fest and had no PvP.

There's PvP, it's just very structured. Which I personally think is a good thing. It's stupid when people can easily get items off people they kill. =/ You should have to actually work to get your gear, not just steal it off someone else who worked to get it.

And, hey platypus. =p Haven't seen you around here in a year or two.  :P

anything