Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI  (Read 10278 times)

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Final Fantasy XI
« on: August 13, 2004, 12:05:36 PM »
How many people here play FFXI? And if you do, what server are you on?

Waya475

Re:Final Fantasy XI
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 12:07:14 PM »
This topic was bound to come sometime.  CGOTEN~~ COME BACK TO THE LIGHT!

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:08:33 PM »
Playing an online game will be my dream come true. My mom forbids me of playing online games, despite how good the game is. I have to wait until i'm an adult to actually play FFXI it for a minute.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 12:09:02 PM by PrinJess »

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 12:12:01 PM »
Playing an online game will be my dream come true. My mom forbids me of playing online games, despite how good the game is. I have to wait until i'm an adult to actually play FFXI it for a minute.

If you can go on the internet, then why not be able to play online games? >_>

And Waya, you need to start playing FFXI.  :P

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 12:16:48 PM »
i like ff.. how do you get to the site?
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 12:21:32 PM »

If you can go on the internet, then why not be able to play online games? >_>

And Waya, you need to start playing FFXI.  :P

Some online games require a fee, and FFXI is no exception.

• me another one?
  • Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 12:35:10 PM »
WHAT SITE DO I GO ON TO PLAY!!??
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 12:39:34 PM »
If i remember correctly, you need a PS2 and a broadband plug-in to play. I forgot how much the game is per hour, but i know that my mom can't afford it.

• me another one?
  • Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 12:42:57 PM »
oh... oh well.. i like playing FF but.. if it costs money every hour..  then i can't play.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 03:11:43 PM »
you can also play it on the PC, with superior resolutions and graphics. and by the hour.....lets see, that would come out to 0.018 cents an hour, if my calculations are correct. the point is, they don't charge you by the hour -_- it's a monthly fee of $12.95, very much worth it. well, i play the game of course, same server as Cgoten.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2004, 08:49:51 AM »
And also, the first month is free.

Anyway, Clash, we should do Rank 4 sometime soon. Some people in my LS were talking about doing a M9 run sometime soon, and I bet that'd be a good time to invite you into the LS.

I unlocked RNG yesterday, and I think I'll waste a few hours hunting Jack today, then be sad when I don't get a Rabbit Charm. >_>

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 09:43:45 AM »
alright, that's cool, try to invite me as soon as you can, i'm tired of trying to level THF. yesterday, i was seeking a PT for and hour and a half and i only got one party, however, it was full of n00bs. 3 THFs, you read that correctly, a WAR and a MNK, both with no subjobs. no healer.

i'll probably do M9 soon with you guys, then continue to lvl THF, and after that, get some money and level SAM and RNG.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 10:16:04 AM »
I am on titan and I have the same problem.  Tried to get a party going because nobody was inviting.  Couldnt find a white mage, so I settled for a red mage with no subjob, and a dragoon with a white mage subjob.  I ended up with a pretty ragtag group of noobs.  2 Warrs that didnt seem to understand how to control the lizard by voking it.  One would voke if I told him but the other wouldnt do it, and died and was getting mad.  So when I white mage became available, and wanted to bring her ninja friend, I was like ok, so I dumped the red mage, who had been complaining that we needed a white mage.  I was like your right, good bye.  Mr warr, who wont voke, good bye.  Ok, so we now have a thief/warr, a warr, a warr/rdmg, a ninja, white mage,  and a dragoon.  The ninja was a taru, but was doing fine.  The dragoon wanted to leave because he was a to high a lvl for our party.  So I decided to get a dark knight.  He was also a taru, I was like this weird, but lets see how it goes.  Next battle, we are fighting a lizard, and the drk knight is standing back by the mage casting spells, not even engaged against the liz.  Needless to say, there were deaths,  and everyone is like this sucks, we are leaving.  I am like how the hell do you go through killing a 100 monsters with a sword, and then decide that your dark knight should be a black mage, and not a melee fighter.  I was so pissed off because I had died twice, and gained negative exp in a 3 hr period in the dunes.  So I went solo and lvled killing easy and decent challenges in west ronfroe, to get my thief to 11 (I hate thief, they are useless before lvl 15).  I really need treasure hunter so I will try again next weekend to lvl him to 15 (that was my goal this weekend, I started at 7, and finished at 11).  I am going to lvl my pld and drk during the week, and hopefully get my thief to 15 and continue trying to get the ruby for smn (I have spent about 6-8 hrs so far and havent gotten it).  I am on Titan server, and I am zeroryoko.  
Now Watching: 

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 07:12:30 AM »
yeah, i know what you mean, THF sucks at early lvls. the past 3 PTs that i've had all sucked, because they were started by n00bs. seriously though, n00bs shouldn't make PTs cause they suck at it. they don't know what the hell they're doing. for instance, my last 2 PTs both had 3 THFs in them when i joined! i think i've said enough.

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 10:45:15 AM »
I had a dude in a party I started last night, kind of scared me right from the start.  I made a party of all experienced (eg everyone had a subjob) and this guy was like, why make a party where everyone has subs (I was like, huh?) so I told him I didnt feel like dying.  He says, well I think noobies need parties to (I am like I don't care if they do)  So we get a camp and we are waiting for someone to come from another zone.  One of the taru in camp was messing around doing emotes and aggrod a gob (not what I wanted to fight off the bat), so we go to fighting it, and one person dies.  I was playing paladin (my first party as one, been solo up to this point) so I am trying to handle the aggro from this gob who is hitting me hard, and cure myself, and one member of our party dies.  One freakin member when we were fighting it with 5.  We barely survived, and we would have been toast without an experience party with subjobs.He starts getting on my about I was taking to long to voke the gob and its my fault that person dies, and he is leaving.  I am like WTF?!?  So the dude leaves.  The person who was dead wasnt even bothered.  I was like some people are just jackasses.  
Now Watching: