Author Topic: About the IRC chan  (Read 3617 times)

Offline goose

• Clean
  • Was a llama!
About the IRC chan
« on: August 11, 2004, 04:55:57 PM »
Well, I do think this is the best place to put this. I have a question, when I joined the chan, I got banned right after that. I mean, why, in the universe, did that happen? That's not really nice since that was my first time joining the chan. If anyone can give me a modest reply, ty. And since I'm new here, I do like to know rules and stuff concerning Yanime.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Re:About the IRC chan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 06:10:49 PM »
Did you have a Guest nickname? If thats the case, which I assume it is, just change your nick and you should be able to get in fine.

Shuugo Asagi

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 06:41:39 PM »
The rules for Yanime are found in Site News. If you were to read then you'd of known that.

Offline amievil

• Yanime Dick
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Your great superior.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 07:18:17 PM »
Well, I do think this is the best place to put this. I have a question, when I joined the chan, I got banned right after that. I mean, why, in the universe, did that happen? That's not really nice since that was my first time joining the chan. If anyone can give me a modest reply, ty. And since I'm new here, I do like to know rules and stuff concerning Yanime.
I'm being 100% honest, in that Waya is a bastard.
Shut the fuck up.

Waya475

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 07:19:12 PM »
It was probably a guest nick.  I don't ban for no reason.  Also, kids, stay away from amievil.  He is a penis.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 07:50:04 PM »
Haha... I think it's hilarious that Waya and Ami hate each other. >_>

The rules for Yanime are found in Site News. If you were to read then you'd of known that.

Uhhh... If you read them, you would notice that those are forum rules, not IRC rules.

Offline goose

• Clean
  • Was a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 08:25:40 PM »
Well, first of all, I'm not a n00b in IRC, and I was on another server, another channel doing some anime group related work [raws release], and I already had a nick. But too bad now, I can't get in cuz there's the "you've been banned" message. But, I'm new to Yanime, and I appreciate ya'lls help. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the chan...

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 08:50:09 PM »
goose, pm me when you are on IRC. I'll unban you. I'm usually on as Motoko-chan, or if you happen to also be on rizon, I'm AoyamaMotoko.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Shuugo Asagi

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 09:24:35 PM »

Uhhh... If you read them, you would notice that those are forum rules, not IRC rules.

If you would read then you would have seen that he asked for the rules concerning Yanime not IRC.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 09:24:58 PM by Shuugo »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

If you would read then you would have seen that he asked for the rules concerning Yanime not IRC.  

No he didn't, both the title and his whole first post were all about the yanime channel.

Shuugo Asagi

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 09:30:58 PM »
Oh well Peter so I misunderstood him big deal.  First mistake I've made in a month.

Offline goose

• Clean
  • Was a llama!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 11:06:32 AM »
Thanks guys, I just remembered something I should've done first, but I was so rattled like "I won't be able to join the chan! a Life ban!" or something. Anyways, I remembered it's on IRC Highway servers, and I go to another channel there [anime legion], and you can't join the chan because only pass protected peeps can join yadayada and so I figured, register my nick as if I was going to join AL chan, but instead I joined the Yanime chan.

Well, it works now, thanks for everything all. Hey, maybe I can contribute something here...well, I was thinking about starting a German translating gig.

Oh, and about the rules. I did mean both forum/misc Yanime rules and the IRC rules. I !rules in the chan, but nothing show up so i guess the rules guy isn't in..ty anyways.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 11:08:23 AM by goose »

anything