Author Topic: Ichigo Stolen By ANBU  (Read 5797 times)

Waya475

Ichigo Stolen By ANBU
« on: August 10, 2004, 08:20:16 AM »
Now, according to Ed, this is a true fact.  This angers me greatly.  He says they are shitty quality too.  I hope all current fans of Ichigo stay with Yanime, and don't download from these stealing fucks.  As far as I am concerned, they can all fornicate themselves with an iron rod.

Any other thoughts?

Offline CCLemon

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Translator
Re:Ichigo Stolen By ANBU
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 11:53:30 AM »
When you say ANBU

Do you mean the anime subbing group?

Lovely.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 12:01:06 PM »
Yep, ANBU (#anbudom@rizon) did release chapters 72 and 73. Fairly poor quality. JPG pages, and they look like they were saved with heavy compression (but the pages are still 500kb?).  I haven't read them, so I can't speak on the translation, but I can say our releases look better (and are probably more accurate since they go through two levels of translation - from the Japanese raws).
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline jinx626

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 12:01:22 PM »
I am shocked that ANBU has decided to translate Ichigo 100%. A group that prides itself by fansubbing ethically decides to do a manga translations (the ethics rules in manga are similar to anime) which another group is currently doing. Yanime has released Ichigo in a high quality manner and in a TIMELY manner so i don't see why they had to do Ichigo 100%.  

I will be sticking with Yanime as there quality is much better and their translations seem to flow a lot better than ANBU's.  I wish that ANBU, instead of doing Ichigo 100% did manga's like Tsukihime or Da Capo which only very few chapters have been translated and the groups are extremely lagging in translating.  

Offline Androman

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 01:55:24 PM »
I can understand that you guys are angry but if they really did release a low quality chapter, than there shouldnt be any problem. Actually i would like them to keep on doing low quality chapters as long as they do it much faster than u guys release your chapters. Well dont get me wrong but high quality chapters take their time and of course i prefer yours and i'm sure everybody does but it would be nice to have a low quality version until u guys catch up with the latest chapters in jump.
I hope u dont hate me because i'm just dump but that would be the best solution for all the fans.
However, if they cant keep up with u guys i guess there shouldnt be any problem at all because nobody's gonna read the low-quality scans.

Offline RedMonkey

• Clean
  • Fear the Red Monkey!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 02:11:39 PM »
As far as I am concerned, they can all fornicate themselves with an iron rod.

No my friend, A spiked broken glass rod with acid and nail all over.....Don't wrry, Anbu may have released Ichigo,But Yanime is the flagship of Ichigo releases, Hey, Anbu might even drop the project eventually.
Oh, where art thou RedMonkey?

Offline WillTRiker

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 03:03:49 PM »
Couldn't believe when I saw this thread as I didn't know ANBU did manga as well (must have started just now then), but I just visited the ANBU irc channel and indeed one their bots is carrying the 2 Ichigo chapters (and a Naruto chapter).

I must say I'm totally flabbergasted by ANBU doing this ... for a group that is very principal on certain ethics I never would have dreamed they would drop right into an ongoing project. I may even bother to post something on their forum when I wake up in the morning, but I'll sleep over it for tonight at least.

Personally, I don't care if they are doing it or not as I'm getting the Yanimes version. I stick to a group once I started collecting and I also like to get a whole series by one group ... besides the Yanime quality is good (not that I can really judge that, but I haven't heard complaints around here at least) so I see no reason to change my scanlator.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 03:08:05 PM »
....Actually i would like them to keep on doing low quality chapters as long as they do it much faster than u guys release your chapters. Well dont get me wrong but high quality chapters take their time and of course i prefer yours and i'm sure everybody does but it would be nice to have a low quality version until u guys catch up with the latest chapters in jump...

Androman, you miss a few points here.

First: Yanime is releasing fairly quickly, usually two chapters per week. If you bring up the DragonVoice/Ass-Troop volumes as an example of working fast, I must tell you that what you see is not fully the truth. While we release chapter-by-chapter, they have time to edit the next volume and have all chapters done by the time Yanime would finish a volume. So they would have all the chapters done and ready. This makes them seem fast, and us slow, and I just want to kill the perception that we are slow.

Second: ANBU is currently releasing chapters we have already done (72 and 73 were released the 27th and 30th of July, respectively). They certainly are not currently springing ahead of Yanime.

Also, do note that sometimes things change between the Jump scans and the collected volume. <-- Correction, Looks like this one stays the same mostly.

While I understand how much you want to read Ichigo 100% as fast as possible, you must understand that you can't just get all of the title at once. And even when we catch up to the latest chapters, the release will be one a week. According to what you say, that is very slow.

I would say something nasty about preferring poor-quality, but I'll refrain.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 03:22:30 PM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 03:08:17 PM »
The way I see it... Let's just wait and see what happens. If we keep up a better pace and quality than them, then all they're doing is getting a larger fanbase for us. People who watch ANBU's subs may download their scanslations of Ichigo, see that we've released the 70-something chapters they skipped, then start reading from our site.

In regards to the poll that we held on the site a little while ago about whether we'll do Ichigo from Jump scans or not... Where I stand now is, we'll do Ichigo from book scans as the volumes come out in Japan if ANBU doesn't try to keep releasing Ichigo, and if they do keep releasing Ichigo, we'll release LQ Jump raws each week followed by HQ volume raws when they come out. I hope that sounds like a good idea to everyone. =p

Also, do note that sometimes things change between the Jump scans and the collected volume.

Typically the only difference is there are ads in Jump raws, and omake in book raws.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 03:09:36 PM by Cgoten »

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 03:10:52 PM »
I heard sometimes pannels were redrawn, or extra detail added.
Motoko-chan

Personal Links:

Waya475

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 03:17:29 PM »
That is only with Togashi manga, as he draws with his ass cheeks.  They often add alot more detail to the books because for his jump releases, he is a lazy bum.  :P

It might occur for other manga too, but this is the best example I can think of.

Offline Androman

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 04:00:05 PM »

First: Yanime is releasing fairly quickly, usually two chapters per week. If you bring up the DragonVoice/Ass-Troop volumes as an example of working fast, I must tell you that what you see is not fully the truth. While we release chapter-by-chapter, they have time to edit the next volume and have all chapters done by the time Yanime would finish a volume. So they would have all the chapters done and ready. This makes them seem fast, and us slow, and I just want to kill the perception that we are slow.

You got that wrong. I didnt say u guys were slow. Its the opposite and i am really happy that u can release 2 chapters a week but i was talking about ANBU releasing 3-5 chapters a week. Sounds crazy but those things did happen already in the past with HxH (Manga-section released in 2-3 weeks almost 20 chapters). If ANBU would be releasing low-quality scans and i really mean low quality that would be much faster. Well i guess that i am the only one who would like em to do it. Lets just wait and see what happens next.
Its not like i cant wait for your releases.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 04:04:51 PM »
I heard sometimes pannels were redrawn, or extra detail added.

Like Waya said, pretty much just Hunter X Hunter gets redrawn. As far as I've seen Ichigo is identical art-wise.

Offline sarf

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 05:19:08 PM »
I haven't seen their work yet but I don't think I'll because I'm really satisfied with the work from you guys in Yanime. So I'll stay by your side.  ;D

Offline Finalpro

• Clean
    • Finalpro's Xanga
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 08:55:18 PM »
I could care less really -_-.  But if they are trying to steal a project, at least do a better job than from the group ur stealing from, which would probably be the reason ur stealing it in the first place.  Sigh, i read their edits, and their translations sucked... edits were crap... and yea...  I wonder if they couldn't just subbed another anime to bored themselves instead of attempting at editing manga which they suck at ...
Lazy ass editor who does nothing o_0