Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 9061 times)

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
Re:Smoking
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2004, 12:45:56 AM »
you may be able to deal with the bad breath issue, but your clothes and hair and everything else usually smell like smoke as well. it's very unattractive. well, it might be attractive to someone else that smokes... but yeah.

heh, smoking is just really stupid. i cannot think of a single good reason to smoke.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2004, 12:53:11 AM »
I WREAK of cigarettes, my mother chainsmokes like a machine (a carton every two days), and my dad has two packs a day. Coffee yellows teeth two ya know...
Hello!

Offline Tonyf9685

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Me - sports and anime fanatic (and proud of it!)
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2004, 01:02:29 AM »
No, I've never found smoking to be attractive.....It is silly that people think it makes them look "cool"?  I mean, what is cool about slowly killing yourself, REEKING of smoke, decreasing your stamina, and paying outrageous sums of money for cancer sticks?  (*sigh*) Smoking = bad, end of story..... 8)
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?  ^_~   Also, I believe that if the RED SOX can win the World Series, the Lions can win the Super Bowl.  Who wants to disagree?  (*glares menacingly*)

Waya475

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2004, 09:36:35 AM »
I don't like the smell of smoke, and I don't want to smoke.

Offline unhinged_loon

• Clean
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2004, 09:51:44 AM »
you may be able to deal with the bad breath issue, but your clothes and hair and everything else usually smell like smoke as well. it's very unattractive. well, it might be attractive to someone else that smokes... but yeah.

heh, smoking is just really stupid. i cannot think of a single good reason to smoke.

One of the most common places to find smokers: armed forces, in particular, the army.

This has nothing to do with segment of the society that enter the service or the culture. They dont smoke to look cool. They smoke to keep themselves awake, during breaks when having guard duty, pulling all nighters, etc. For some, cigarettes are like coffee to some. For some, they need to smoke before they can run...

Offline Lina

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ..Hunt..
    • Assasins Syndicate HQ
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2004, 09:59:41 AM »
Smoking is really dumb, and I can't stand the way people that do smoke smell and look XD So, I really don't like to be near ppl who smoke. It's also like a slow death in ways, because of all the types of cancer it can cause in the body.

Angelfire sux x.x

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2004, 11:06:31 AM »

One of the most common places to find smokers: armed forces, in particular, the army.

This has nothing to do with segment of the society that enter the service or the culture. They dont smoke to look cool. They smoke to keep themselves awake, during breaks when having guard duty, pulling all nighters, etc. For some, cigarettes are like coffee to some. For some, they need to smoke before they can run...

and that means they've become dependent on it.

but hey, whatever floats their boat. it works for them, but to me, it's stupid. there are (much healthier) alternatives.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline «Mai»

• Addict
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2004, 11:10:01 AM »
Alot of my family smokes, and I think the smell is repulsive, and, being asthemetic, its horrible. Thats why I shove all the people in my family who come to visit, that smoke, outside. I'm very strict about my Great Grandmothers house, and I will not have it soiled with Cigarette trays, and smoke.  >:(

Offline Sensei Hikaru

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Zettai Makenaiyo
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2004, 02:00:25 PM »
Honestly, does everyone on this forum have asthma?!?!
In the name of god, inpure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »
Sad, isn't it?

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline Sensei Hikaru

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Zettai Makenaiyo
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2004, 04:24:16 PM »
Is that some sort of characteristic that us otakus seem to have? Maybe its in the job description somewhere...
In the name of god, inpure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2004, 04:55:56 PM »
I think it's just a coincidence. My friend doesn't have asthma and she's an otaku, but she does have a problem with gaining weight. (I forgot what's it called)

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

GianaW4K

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2004, 05:30:07 PM »
I always have to tell my dad don't smoke in my room. I say that at least a hundred times and he still smokes in my room. Once I told him that if he buys more cigarette I'll throw them away and when he did I did as I said.

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2004, 05:44:26 PM »
I think it's just a coincidence. My friend doesn't have asthma and she's an otaku, but she does have a problem with gaining weight. (I forgot what's it called)

Probably coincidence, my lungs are fit and healthy. (in spite of living in a virtual ashtray)
Hello!

Offline Sensei Hikaru

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Zettai Makenaiyo
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2004, 06:13:04 PM »
The problem with being fat, we speaking of obesity there? lol