Author Topic: I'm so friggin' Scared.  (Read 8941 times)

Offline Grace-chan

• Clean
Re:I'm so friggin' Scared.
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2004, 05:40:18 PM »
That's like saying it's okay to kill an elderly person with alzheimer's. They might not remember who they are, so it won't hurt to kill them. They're taking up our tax money with that medicare anyways...

Life begins in the womb. Memory has nothing to do with it.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 05:44:24 PM by Grace-chan »

Offline CCLemon

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Translator
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2004, 06:44:26 PM »

29 times stronger? Doesnt that friggin kill the mother

Lovely.

Offline Tonyf9685

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Me - sports and anime fanatic (and proud of it!)
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2004, 10:58:53 PM »
Wow...This is a terrible situation, both for the girl and for the un-born child.  But sad to say, I feel absolutely NO sympathy, for the girl.  She is 14, and having sex?  That is WAY to young to be having sex, no matter what the situation is.  Sex is not something to be taken lightly, kiddies.  It has consequences, just like anything else.  Also, if you're going to have UNPROTECTED sex, especially at such a young age, you are just ASKING for trouble.  I mean, if you know enough about sex to HAVE it, you should also know enough to use protection and understand the consequences.  The girl and her partner were obviously too immature to fully understand what they were getting into, and that is now THEIR problem.  The way I see it, the girl made her own bed; now she has to lie in it...

I don't feel sorry for the teen, but I feel TERRIBLE for the un-born child.  A 14 year-old mother can't possibly provide for her child on her own, and she certainly wouldn't know how to PROPERLY raise a child.  Would she be able to handle feedings at all hours of the night, cleaning up "spit-up", changings, constant crying.....Highly doubtful.  Meaning, the responsibility would fall straight on the girl's PARENTS, which they probably would NOT appreciate.  They didn't ask for their daughter to have a child at that age, and they just might be bitter about having to take care of it.  Adoption is always an option, of course, but there is no GUARANTEE the child will wind up with a terrific, loving family.  The child could be stuck going from home to home, never being adopted.  A life without love, without feeling affection, without understanding "why mommy didn't want me"....That is a terrible way to live.   :'(

I've never experieced adoption, because I was lucky enough to have good, caring parents (who, even though I love 'em, I still have MANY a disagreement with ^_~)....But still, I can imagine how it must be for some children, who are put up for adoption.  And as for abortion, I think that would be a TERRIBLE way to go.  I mean, never having a chance at life, a chance to BE something, a chance to be loved...That is just horrible.  It is a viable option, and in some situations, it might actually be a good option; but still, I would NEVER approve of something like that.  Everyone deserves a chance to live, to love, to experience EVERYTHING...^_^

Bottom line?  Ladies, keep your legs closed until you are FULLY prepared, for the experience and for the consequences.  
Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?  ^_~   Also, I believe that if the RED SOX can win the World Series, the Lions can win the Super Bowl.  Who wants to disagree?  (*glares menacingly*)

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2004, 05:52:20 AM »
That's like saying it's okay to kill an elderly person with alzheimer's. They might not remember who they are, so it won't hurt to kill them. They're taking up our tax money with that medicare anyways...

Right, if you have no ability or potential you deserve to have your body recycled.
Hello!

Offline Grace-chan

• Clean
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2004, 09:31:22 AM »
I was being sarcastic. >_>;;

Offline unhinged_loon

• Clean
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2004, 09:52:13 AM »
The issue boils down to ethics. Ethics is a grey area, ruled by one's beliefs (and/or religion).

I personally dont like abortion, unless the pregnancy threatens the mother's health. To me, a child is concieved when the ovum is inseminated. Once that is done, its a new life, due to come out in 9mths.

Offline Angel of the moon

• me another one?
  • Addict
  • Stewie shall rule the world!!!
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2004, 10:20:16 AM »
well you should tell your sis or cousin what ever to like give it to an aunt or something if she doesn't want to give it up. if they accept the baby.. if not... then put the kid in adoption!!! MY GOD HOW HARD IS THAT!!
Fuck this fucking world. I don't belong here. I belong.. with someone like me. Someone nice who actually has feelings. who tries not to hurt other people. That would be nice. actually once -n- awhile... i wonder if there is a part on the world that is like that. I don't think so, cause the way people treat me. I mean, i don't try to hurt people, but, y'all do. People never understand me. Never have. Never will. So  just run away.

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2004, 04:54:40 PM »
I was being sarcastic. >_>;;

I wasn't.
Hello!

Offline doll face

• Clean
  • The Dancer
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »
She is 14? I dont want to sound negitive on purpose, but she may have difficulty having this child. She isn't fully developed yet, and it is likely going to be very hard on her body.  =\

Best of luck.