Author Topic: Chapter 74  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Culo

• Clean
  • Yo no sufro de locura--- la disfruto!
Chapter 74
« on: August 03, 2004, 06:11:31 PM »
How should i say this...
In this chapter i look to the Onomatopeias and they are in english, this dislike me most, in the others chapters the Onomatopeias are in japanese, i prefer in japanese.
Actually this is my opinion, but what do you think?

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Re:Chapter 74
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 11:01:26 PM »
I say go for the full translation (not just a romanji translation) of the sfx, or leave them alone. I'm rather split on the issue because it is nice to fully translate the sfx, but it is part of the art.

Since there really isn't a policy on this point, I've been letting the editors do as they feel. Given the multiple groups this has gone through, lack of consistency is a given.

Thank you for your input however, and I am interested in seeing how the other readers feel on this issue.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline AlphaUltima

• Ichitard #95127
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Momusutard
Re:Chapter 74
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 11:38:05 PM »
editor's preference i guess.  if it's easy to put sfx over the kana, otherwise it's easier with an asterisk.  as for english over japanese, some sfx are hard to decipher into english like *gara* or *bah* so leaving it in romaji is fine.

anything