Author Topic: Akatsuki-Manga Officially Drops Ichigo 100%  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
Akatsuki-Manga Officially Drops Ichigo 100%
« on: August 01, 2004, 11:42:59 PM »
For all of you that might not visit Akatsuki-Manga's website reguarly, news was just posted, officially announcing that Akatsuki-Manga has dropped editing of Ichigo 100%.

IMPORTANT
Note that this does not affect YAnime's efforts at all. We will continue to translate this title.

I wish to extend my thanks to A-M for initialy starting the project, and for working so long on it. I would like to think that everyone in YAnime feels the same way. So, thank you Akatsuki, and we wish you much success on your titles - both current and future.

Below is the news item from their site.

Akatsuki-Manga:
Wed, 28 July 2004 - A Somewhat Important News Post -  AstCd2 @ 01:37am

Hello.

You may have guessed it already from our long period of inactivity, but this is the official announcement: from today onwards, we will be dropping Ichigo 100%.

While it is with some regret that we stop scanlating what was one of our first and most popular series, we feel the decision is the best one under the circumstances. The following were the primary factors in our decision.

1. The departure (or at least failure to attend regularly enough to coordinate) of all of the original members of the project, and a lack of interest amongst the remaining staff. This was exacerbated by a prevailing feeling amongst the staff that the story was becoming a little protracted and repetitive, with the result that no one wanted to work on it anymore.

2. The frustration and resentment at the sometimes-poor attitude and ignorance of some of the readers. This particular project seemed to attract these people more than others, perhaps due to its mass appeal. Many prominent members of the scanlation community have retired in exasperation in the past for precisely this reason, lamenting the lack of evidence of intelligent readership in the community. To cut a long story short, it doesn't help to nag, folks!

3. Y-Anime and Dragonvoice have decided to continue the project, and are now releasing chapters at a much faster rate than before. Cabbit has also demonstrated an intention to continue with the project. We wish these groups the best of luck in the future, and encourage you to visit them for the later chapters.

[Edit: I've been told that Cabbit recently dropped the project too. You can still find it in the channels for the first two groups.]

Any thoughts and comments on this announcement may be addressed to our forums. Thank you for your readership, and be sure to check out some of our other projects!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:45:39 PM by Motoko-chan »
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline rockstar_98

• 350Z Rider
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Naruto, Cowboy bebop, Initial d!!
    • www.freewebs.com/rockstar_98
Re: Akatsuki-Manga Officially Drops Ichigo 100%
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 01:54:04 AM »
so akatsuki anime and drangon voice is still continueing from like 9 ?? cuz i cant see after chapter 78 for awile ..., i dont have a scanner but i have the japanese manga of ichigo up to 11 and gonna get 12 soon when it comes out here , i also want a scanner so i will probly get it soon so i can scan ichigo 100% and translate too since i know pretty good japanese and good english

i meant y anime instead of akatsuki
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:43:21 AM by Waya475 »
D:\Documents and Settings\Akira M\My Documents\My Pictures\rockstar.jpg
MetallicA rocks   .../ My fav. Naruto, Initial d , Cowboy bebop, ichigo 100%, ruroni kenshin, death

Offline amievil

• Yanime Dick
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Your great superior.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:16:54 AM »
That was a good show of your english.
Shut the fuck up.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:23:27 PM »
that was a good waste of a post.

but seriously, the ichigo fanbase does get on my nerves sometimes.

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 10:47:13 AM »
This is going nowhere. Locked.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious