Author Topic: Akira manga  (Read 2600 times)

Uzumaki

Akira manga
« on: July 29, 2004, 09:47:43 PM »
I've been looking for the Akira manga for some time now. I know it was released in America some time ago but I can't find any store online or otherwise that has it still. Does anyone know where I can find it or the original company that distributed it?

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re:Akira manga
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 06:13:41 AM »
I've been looking for the Akira manga for some time now. I know it was released in America some time ago but I can't find any store online or otherwise that has it still. Does anyone know where I can find it or the original company that distributed it?

I believe it was Dark Horse that released it... basically the same as the Japanese large graphic novels (6 of them at about $25 a piece), but they flipped it. >_<

Waya475

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 08:57:11 AM »
The Akira novels are HUGE.  Also, I found some at my local borders.  You could try there if you have one.  Anyone giving links to Akira manga scans, or any other licensed manga will be warned, the link will be deleted, and on a second offense, banned.

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Decay is inherent in all compounded things"
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 10:26:46 AM »
I have seen them at Barns and Nobles as well as on amazon.com

P.S. I really liked it.

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Uzumaki

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 03:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the info. I found them on Amazon earlier, I wasn't expecting to pay $25 for each of them though >:(

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Decay is inherent in all compounded things"
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 10:24:30 PM »
yea, you may want to find a bookstore with some chairs and just read it there.

*has read 3x as much manga as he owns that way*

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Uzumaki

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 10:24:33 PM »
yea, you may want to find a bookstore with some chairs and just read it there.

*has read 3x as much manga as he owns that way*

I would do that but that's one of my problems, none of the stores around here that sell manga still have any of the volumes of Akira. :(

anything