Author Topic: Doom 3 Finaly  (Read 4824 times)

Uzumaki

Re:Doom 3 Finaly
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 03:29:19 PM »
I just got it, and it deffinately doesn't dissapoint. There isn't anything revolutionary from the gameplay (you could tell that from the videoes) but the game itself is so much fun to play ;D Not really scary, I would say creepy is a better word for it but there are few things I find that are actually scary. All in all, if you like FPS's and you have a comp that will run the game, GET IT!!!

Offline unhinged_loon

• Clean
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 07:58:09 AM »
Lets face it, the requirements would only mean that anyone with systems which are 2 years or older wouldnt be able to run it. Otherwise, running it would still be a problem for most, except the most l33t of PCs.

I heard that the multiplayer sucks, hence no real replayalbility value. Otherwise, all that it offers is fanciful graphics and straight forward shooting game without much of a storyline which had some continuity problems I heard).  This isnt worth the price that I am going to pay for buying it.

Better to save my money for HL2 (if it turns out as what it is meant to be).

Offline bum

• Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 11:04:48 AM »
If it's comparable to Far Cry then hopefully I should be able to run it with everything set to High as long as I turn off Anti-Aliasing.

you cant compare farcry's graphics to doom 3. doom 3 uses indoor levels, the engine was designed for it. farcry's engine was designed for expansive outdoor area's. and yes, thier is a HUGE amount of difference when procesing indoor areas compared to outdoor. but both games run fine on my pc with decent graphics so im prety relaxed

Uzumaki

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 06:32:26 PM »
If it's comparable to Far Cry then hopefully I should be able to run it with everything set to High as long as I turn off Anti-Aliasing.

you cant compare farcry's graphics to doom 3. doom 3 uses indoor levels, the engine was designed for it. farcry's engine was designed for expansive outdoor area's. and yes, thier is a HUGE amount of difference when procesing indoor areas compared to outdoor. but both games run fine on my pc with decent graphics so im prety relaxed

Both games are actually running exactly the same for me (1024x768 on high with AA turned off), so graphically, they are very similar.

Offline DR.LOVE

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I wanna love ya baby o'sow bad!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 03:10:06 PM »
Im still waiting till it comes out in oct. for the X-box but i hope it looks as good as it did when i seen the previews for it.  

Offline amievil

• Yanime Dick
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Your great superior.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 11:11:38 AM »
The engine for the multiplayer is great, it just needs mods to put it to full use

The developers also apparently are counting on this too :(
Too bad they still haven't seemed to figure out the "Story", and "Gameplay" aspect.
Shut the fuck up.

Offline bum

• Addict
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2004, 11:49:23 PM »
ya know, despite me bashing it every chance i got, i gave it a go and its prety damn awsome. sure its nothing knew, but its everything you'd expect in a horror coridor shooter perfected. awsome level design and a haunting sence of atmosphere. this is one of thoughs games where sound realy adds alot to the experience

anything