Author Topic: Doom 3 Finaly  (Read 4812 times)

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Decay is inherent in all compounded things"
Doom 3 Finaly
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:51:05 PM »
Not the newest news but new enough...

Doom 3 has(Finaly) gone gold with a US release date of August third. Website is up with content at doom3.com . Hope my PC can take it..

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
Re:Doom 3 Finaly
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:14:08 AM »
eh, i'm not too exicted about this one. awesome graphics are probably gonna sell this one. as for the gameplay, just seems like kill everything you see. sure, it's gonna be scary as hell, but it doesn't really appeal to me. guess i shouldn't knock it until i try it, but i don't if i ever will try it. i'm more excited about Half Life 2, which, they recently announced, is almost finished ^^

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline unhinged_loon

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 11:07:39 AM »
HL2 has been pushed back to September at least (from the initial August timetable). Someone posted (at another forum) that it would be a winter/x-mas release, but I have been unable to confirm it at other major websites.

Chances are this delay was done to avoid clashing with Doom3).

Playing original HL in source would be fun...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 11:17:10 AM by unhinged_loon »

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 11:09:50 AM »
they came out with another Doom?
crap! i remember when the origional Doom was the hottest thing at our rec center!
*is hoping that remark doesnt date her*
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 04:06:34 PM »
Yea im 10 times as excited about HL2 but its not ready yet so think of this as an appetizer ;D And of course its going to be a kill everything you see game.. i mean its a Doom what else would it be  :P

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Uzumaki

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 10:43:03 PM »
Yea, I've got it reserved. I'm really looking foward to this mostly because of the fact that this will be the first game that will be able to really test my computer after I overhauled it.  ;D

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 05:36:45 AM »
but isnt it the least bit redundant? i mean, what is the real objective? completing the mission, or killing everything?
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 08:43:44 AM »
Have you seen the hardware requirements for this game?  Here is the recomended specs:

PC Gamer Recommended Hardware

2+ GHz Processor
512+ MB System Memory
Radeon 9800+ Video Card
5-Channel Sound Card

Supported Graphics Accelerators
GeForce 4 MX and higher
Radeon 8500 and higher
Now Watching: 

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 07:42:56 AM »
Have you seen the hardware requirements for this game?  Here is the recomended specs:

PC Gamer Recommended Hardware

2+ GHz Processor
512+ MB System Memory
Radeon 9800+ Video Card
5-Channel Sound Card

Supported Graphics Accelerators
GeForce 4 MX and higher
Radeon 8500 and higher

i happen to meet just those requirements  ;D:

2.6 GHz Pentium 4 HT
512 MB RAM
MSI Radeon 9800PRO  (but it's really a 9800XT)

the sound card.....meh, i don't have good speakers, so i don't need a good sound card. i plan to buy some more RAM soon, as well as a new monitor and power supply.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 07:43:20 AM by clash »

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Uzumaki

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 10:33:34 AM »
After I sunk probably more money then I should have into my computer this is what I have now...

3.2 ghz processor
1024 mb RAM
Radeon 9600 XT video card
No sound card, just using onboard sound (but all I have is the built in stereo speakers on my monitor so it's fine)

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 02:01:52 PM »
FYI, Its cracked and out on the net on a certaint popular bittorent site, amoung other places, now. Best Buy put it on shelves early.

Uzumaki

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 04:29:15 PM »
Yea, I heared that almost 25,000 people have already DL'ed it off of Bittorrent programs. That's 1.5 million in sales lost! :o

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 06:28:31 PM »
Just played it. Its basicly what the videos show... Dark, creepy, gory, and violent. Weapons are fun, gore is high, monsters mean. Looks like they have put a decent amount of effort into the storyline too. You get a PDA which is basicly a screen that shows you videos, e-mails, and other stuff as you play which helps further the storyline alot. You can pick up other ppls PDAs too to see their e-mails and hear audio logs(reminds me alot of System Shock 2). You have some military guy walking you through your objectives(also very SS2ish). The graphics are comparable to farcry but i cant say much else because i dont have a system good enough to really push them. action is good with lots of scary demons/zombies  coming out of the shadows/walls/cealings/etc. There seem to be alot of scripted events too. Like people getting chased and bad guys trying to break down doors or get you through a glass window.

I also find its pretty playable at 1024x768 with other settings default(cept vsync which i turned on) on my system. But there is some noticable lag here and there and the framerate will get choppy when i enter a new room or there is lots of motion. For how it looks though its playing pretty well. I need a faster CPU.

My system:
athlon 2100+(1.7 ghz)
Radeon 9800 pro
512 mb ram

Uzumaki

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 08:55:47 PM »
If it's comparable to Far Cry then hopefully I should be able to run it with everything set to High as long as I turn off Anti-Aliasing.

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 11:21:53 PM »
Well i cant really say its just like farcry, its not. but the graphics quality at the levels i have tested it are similar. It does run a bit slower. i have _not_ pushed it to be maxed since my comp would prolly smoke and die if i did. I hear the requirements for the highest settings are crazy.

BTW: I lowered my res to 800x600 and turned on 2xfsaa and now it runs just fine now.  ;D

p.s. if you like the game can afford it support id and buy it. i am.

anything